PDA

View Full Version : Jim Wexell

Clevelandsux
05-01-2011, 11:52 PM
What a douche. I just came across a vhs tape of Roethlisbergers first game in 2004 vs the Ravens. A game we lost 30-13 (the only reg.season loss that year). Jim wexell who has written many Pittsburgh based sports books. He wrote about the 1979 Steelers. In the postgame, he was like "this book is about the steelers last Championship". 5 years from now, it'll still be the Steelers last championship. Ok we won two since then. And Ron Cook declared our season over (i think we went 15-1 that year???). Shows how much these "so called experts", know. Just got a kick out of it, thought I'd share it with yuns.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-02-2011, 12:37 PM
Wexell is usually pretty insightful and accurate when it comes to the Steelers. Nobody can foresee anything but at the time that's probably how he felt.

Now Cook on the other hand, I can't say that I care for his writing at all!

steeldoc
05-03-2011, 10:29 PM
I was at that game in Baltimore. Ben came off the bench and threw a TD to Hines I think. He played well. I knew we found our savior that day.:6smile:

Farrior Fan
05-03-2011, 11:58 PM
what a great season...wish it would have ended as well as 2005, ignore the experts at all costs

BlitzburghRockCity
05-04-2011, 12:32 AM
I was at that game in Baltimore. Ben came off the bench and threw a TD to Hines I think. He played well. I knew we found our savior that day.:6smile:

That was a special day wasn't it? Even though we lost the game you could see the potential that Ben had and natural, untapped, ability that he possessed. 2 super bowl wins and 3 total appearances later I'll definitely take it.