PDA

View Full Version : diamonds in day 3

coldrolled
04-30-2011, 09:34 PM
Analysts tab favorite picks of Day 3 NFL.com Staff | Tags: 2011 NFL Draft, Charles Davis, Chris Carter, Gil Brandt, Jacquizz Rodgers, Jason La Canfora, Marcus Cannon, Michael Lombardi, Pat Kirwan, Sam Acho
NEW YORK — In an unscientific straw poll conducted during the seventh round, we asked some NFL.com and NFL Network personalities for their favorite picks of Day 3 of the 2011 NFL Draft:

Gil Brandt: OL Marcus Cannon, Patriots, Round 5 (138) — I’m not convinced he’ll even play for the Patriots this season due to recent medical concerns, but when you have multiple picks in a round, you can make picks like this. If he’s healthy this year, he’ll be great, and I think he’s a Pro Bowl-level player.

Charles Davis: RB Jacquizz Rodgers, Falcons, Round 5 (145) — He’s one of my favorite players in the draft, and I had him going in Rounds 2 to 3. He’s extremely versatile but gets downplayed because of his small stature. He’ll produce for the Falcons.

Jason La Canfora: OLB Chris Carter, Steelers, Round 5 (162) — I have a feeling the Steelers are going to be able to get legit bang for the buck out of Carter. I love the fit there. A scout told me, “If you love Von Miller, you’re going to at least like this kid.”

Michael Lombardi: TE D.J. Williams, Packers, Round 5 (141) — Williams is a nice pick for the Packers’ system and a complement to what they do offensively. As an H-back type, he will line up in the backfield and off the line.

Pat Kirwan: OLB Sam Acho, Cardinals, Round 4 (103) — I do love the Marcus Cannon pick. But I think Acho should have been drafted on Day 2. He’s going into a perfect situation in Arizona with their older group of linebackers. I think Acho is a mature player and will do very well.

Mike Mayock: SS Ahmad Black, Bucs, Round 5 (151) — He’s short and slow, but tough and productive. He’ll be a core special teams player and impossible to cut.

andyg1984
04-30-2011, 09:53 PM
chris carter has serious potential .. i love the pick ..

Dobre Shunka
04-30-2011, 11:02 PM
The only thing I don't like is the fact that Jason La Canfor is the one standing up for the pick. Due to the fact that Pitt doesn't miss on LBs, I'll ignore the convulsions.