PDA

View Full Version : Will Ras-i Dowling fall to 63?

connecticutsteel
04-28-2011, 11:48 PM
i dont think ras i will be there at 63 but davon house will be

igor0190
04-29-2011, 12:11 AM
I hope they trade up to get on of the Aaron Williams or Rasi Dowling in the 2nd...

Get rid of some of the later picks that end up being cut anyways.

connecticutsteel
04-29-2011, 12:15 AM
maybe offer a third this year and a third next year that way we get two picks this year :yellowthumb::cope:in the second:banana:

Farrior Fan
04-29-2011, 01:18 AM
I hope they trade up to get on of the Aaron Williams or Rasi Dowling in the 2nd...

I agree with you this year, but if we did that last year then we may not have Brown

JollyRob68
04-29-2011, 02:27 AM
Dont give up late round picks because people are going to Fall(due to injury like Cannon & Romeus)

Phenomenal TJ
04-29-2011, 05:40 AM
Highly doubt he's there at 63, but it's decently likely that we trade up to snag one.

If not, I don't see any reason one of the corners that have been mentioned around here won't fall into that range. And of course, there's my other guy out of Miami in Van Dyke in later rounds.

And we need to save at least a fifth for Cannon. Because I'll be heartbroken if we don't take him.

connecticutsteel
04-29-2011, 06:17 AM
Highly doubt he's there at 63, but it's decently likely that we trade up to snag one.

If not, I don't see any reason one of the corners that have been mentioned around here won't fall into that range. And of course, there's my other guy out of Miami in Van Dyke in later rounds.

And we need to save at least a fifth for Cannon. Because I'll be heartbroken if we don't take him.

i think if we offer a third this year and a fourth or third next year we will be able to move up im super happy about heyward i wonder if he will get loydds number 95:yellowthumb:

coldrolled
04-29-2011, 06:22 AM
i dont think ras i will be there at 63 but davon house will be

thinking the same.

Davon House, CB, New Mexico State: Once again the 6-1, 200-pound House ran well, bettering his 4.4 Combine

He finished the season with 37 tackles, 21 solo efforts, eight pass breakups, two tackles-for-a-loss, four interceptions with 171 return yards, 94 kickoff return yards and 283 yards of all-purpose yardage. His four interceptions led the team and his 171 interception return yards broke the school record that was set back in 1981.

--- Added 4/29/2011 at 05:22 AM ---

add this

the 6-0, 200 pound House had been expected to be among the fastest cornerbacks tested in Indianapolis and elected to run again Friday at his Pro Day, recording times in the 4.32-4.35 second range, according to a source at the scene. House elected not to do any of the other measureable drills Friday. He was run through a positional workout by Chicago Bears' assistant defensive backs/safeties coach Gill Byrd and "did good, caught everything," according to the source. Catching everything isn't a surprise for House. What he might lack is national name recognition

connecticutsteel
04-29-2011, 07:32 AM
i could care less if house isnt a known entity he had 11 career picks at nmsu he big and fast with great hands he might be the more realistic pick if we dont trade up

coldrolled
04-29-2011, 07:59 AM
i could care less if house isnt a known entity he had 11 career picks at nmsu he big and fast with great hands he might be the more realistic pick if we dont trade up

i wont be suprised on house...

maybe then we get quinton carter S in the third...

we have starks, kemo, pouncey, colon, adams
scott, legs, foster maybe get cannon in the fourth....

lets fix the defense for a SB run, arians wont win it without a stout D.

K Train
04-29-2011, 09:11 AM
i dont think he falls to 63, however i think the way the draft has played out theres more of a chance than ever....damn i thought i was happy with pouncey last year...give me heyward and dowling and my happiness will reach new levels, and so will my ego cause they are both 2 of my favorite players this year

cmerrifield
04-29-2011, 09:39 AM
I would like to see us trade up if we can to get either Dowling or Moore. I think either one could help our secondary out. But with some of the CB's on the board still, I hope it only costs us a 5th.

K Train
04-29-2011, 10:24 AM
honestly i dont even care what they have to give up to get dowling, williams, or brown...MAYBE moore.

you give me heyward and dowling in the same draft its a wet dream

andyg1984
04-29-2011, 10:38 AM
harris, williams, dowling and moore are all nice possibilities .. little and gilbert are obviously targets too .. so we have at least six money guys imo to go after here ..

Rampage
04-29-2011, 10:39 AM
I'm thinking that if Dowling makes it past the Skins, the Steelers should consider moving up to get him.

K Train
04-29-2011, 10:44 AM
im thinking some teams arent too high on dowling, or any of the corners still available since no one pulled the trigger in round one and prince fell quite a bit.

still 2-3 QBs, a run on WRs (hankerson, young, little), RBs like leshoure, williams, jones are gonna be scooped up as well and then theres 5 CBs and 2 safeties that could go.

i really wouldnt mind gilchrist or carter as a FS pick if everyone else is gone (meaning dowling, brown, williams, harris (i think harris might be the pick if they stay put) ijalana, gilbert, moore, little, kendricks)

we got options

andyg1984
04-29-2011, 10:52 AM
if we can land harris at 63 or move up for dowling/williams i will probably bust my *** celebrating again like i did last night .. was running with joy to the computer to post and the wall got in the way ..

K Train
04-29-2011, 10:53 AM
i was pretty hammered last night at that point so all i could offer was an OOOHHHH YEEEAAAAHHHHH but i was dreaming only about getting to work so i could go online and talk about it lol

andyg1984
04-29-2011, 10:55 AM
if you look back at the thread that is all i gave it too lol .. a yyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh .. i ended up not making it in to work lol

Rampage
04-29-2011, 11:00 AM
I wish I could have consumed my body weight in some Dogfish Head Brown Ale last night, but I had to get up at 5:00 today.

Hey, is anyone else not happy with the way they do the draft now? Thursday all night, Friday is too early (BASKETBALL, GO AWAY), and then the "who cares" portion on Saturday. Go back to doing this on the weekend, you money hungry bastards.

K Train
04-29-2011, 11:03 AM
since none of my friends care nearly as much as i do we play a drinking game that every pick i get right we take a shot...i got like 14 right lol

SteelDad
04-29-2011, 11:05 AM

I concur. I smell a trade up big time here in the 2nd round for us if the guys we are targeting are still there.

andyg1984
04-29-2011, 11:14 AM
i wish they would not give away who the picks were

--- Added 4/29/2011 at 10:14 AM ---

i like to drink by player ..i take a shot when certain controversial players come off the board ..

bowers, little, mallet and austin all have a shot of crown with their name on it ready for 6 PM..

cmerrifield
04-29-2011, 11:17 AM
Not sure I can handle another safety named Carter :lol:

coldrolled
04-29-2011, 12:56 PM
Not sure I can handle another safety named Carter :lol:

Quinton Carter 6'1" 210

Quinton Carter might be the most physical Safety prospect in the 2011 draft. He plays a very aggressive style of defense and isnít afraid to lay the wood on anybody whether it be in run support or some unsuspecting WR going over the middle and not paying attention. While his 40 time reads a little slow Carter plays fast enough to cover in man-to-man if needed but would be better served in a zone coverage scheme. At the combine Mike Mayock pointed out that Carter had very fluid hips. From a personal standpoint there may not be another player in the draft with a higher character than Carterís.

K Train
04-29-2011, 12:58 PM
hes a baller, and a tweener guy as well....can lay the boom and has the closing speeed to make up for troys torpedoing whiffs, has coverage skills to play NB, and has the ball skills to play centerfield...im a fan

cmerrifield
04-29-2011, 01:04 PM
Carter sounds good to me, but I really like Moore. Either way, we need some secondary help today and I am hoping a decent OT falls to us in the third. Flo cant play forever and I really think Colon wants a huge payday

K Train
04-29-2011, 01:06 PM
the market isnt there for colon, he wont get a huge payday anywhere

coldrolled
04-29-2011, 02:37 PM
Carter sounds good to me, but I really like Moore. Either way, we need some secondary help today and I am hoping a decent OT falls to us in the third. Flo cant play forever and I really think Colon wants a huge payday

Carter is there at #63, moore wont be.. harris & dowling wont be, aaron wont be.
ilijana probably not.

and Carter wont be at the #3 pick either. so do you reach for him or let them all go?

Davon House could be there at #3 he is ok .

K Train
04-29-2011, 02:40 PM
i would be terribly unexcited about davon house of johnny patrick in the 2nd

Phenomenal TJ
04-29-2011, 02:55 PM
Not really a fan of taking a player who's recommendation in this thread is 'ok' lol.

coldrolled
04-29-2011, 03:56 PM
Not really a fan of taking a player who's recommendation in this thread is 'ok' lol.

that's why im a fan of a tough a$$ G at #63 and draft Nmadi...

the rest of the draft is a bonus.

Rampage
04-29-2011, 04:01 PM
that's why im a fan of a tough a$$ G at #63 and draft Nmadi...

the rest of the draft is a bonus.

I highly doubt this team would (1) go after Nnamdi or (2) have enough to even make him consider Pittsburgh.

LatrobePA
04-29-2011, 04:05 PM
I highly doubt this team would (1) go after Nnamdi or (2) have enough to even make him consider Pittsburgh.

Maybe offer him a 2011 / 2012 SB ring?? :cope:

coach
04-29-2011, 04:12 PM
I wish I could have consumed my body weight in some Dogfish Head Brown Ale last night, but I had to get up at 5:00 today.

Hey, is anyone else not happy with the way they do the draft now? Thursday all night, Friday is too early (BASKETBALL, GO AWAY), and then the "who cares" portion on Saturday. Go back to doing this on the weekend, you money hungry bastards.

I will wait til the weekend is over but I thought last year's format was awesome. The other reason I like it is that there are more opportunities for mistakes like the rats/bears made or for reaches/bad decisions. I think the Steelers have been great performers in the draft and the teams that aren't as prepared or successhul practically get a mulligan.

JollyRob68
04-29-2011, 05:51 PM
We can PAckage our 2nd & 3rd to move up to NE # 56 & 4th rd # 128
Hell New england might give 56 up for next year 2nd. If so make the offer next years 2nd and our 3rd or 4th.