PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Cannon Could Turn Into A Late Round Gem For The Steelers

Phenomenal TJ
04-27-2011, 10:55 PM
First of all, Steelers Chronicle would like to wish Texas Christian University offensive lineman Marcus Cannon nothing but the best in his recovery from non-Hodgkin lymphoma. He will be undergoing chemotherapy, and is scheduled to be done with it on June 29th.

Read the rest here. (http://www.steelerschronicle.com/2011/04/tcus-marcus-cannon-could-be-a-late-round-gem-for-the-pittsburgh-steelers.html/)

K Train
04-27-2011, 11:06 PM
probably a 5th rounder, id be happy to have them bring him in and IR him as a rookie and let him get healthy and regain all his strength to take over for flo in 2012

Phenomenal TJ
04-27-2011, 11:16 PM
Yeah, I'd be happy with that scenario as well.

Just wondering, where are you projecting Herzlich?

K Train
04-27-2011, 11:26 PM
it could honestly be anywhere from the 3rd to 7th. id feel comfortable with him at the end of the 4th though...he will probably go to a team like the steelers or patriots and instantly be a fan favorite and a PR dream....he really needs to bulk up and truly get healthy before getting action. His return to college football was brilliant, but its more of a feel good story than a success story...he wasnt ready and hasnt regained form yet, and who knows if he ever will

that being said he looked incredible as a junior, top 10 pick as a 34MLB or 43 SAM and thats a rare looking LB. if he can regain that form he would be an epic steal because pre cancer he was truly a special player. 4th round is where the reward begins to outweigh the risk

Phenomenal TJ
04-27-2011, 11:28 PM
He was one of the few names I paid attention to a few years ago, lol.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-28-2011, 02:14 AM
I would be all for the Steelers spending a 5th-7th pick on Cannon......You can wait on a player to recover that late and if he doesn't pan out then oh well it won't cost the Steelers much......But I do wish Cannon the best health wise since his health is way more important then football....

connecticutsteel
04-28-2011, 07:26 AM
i too wish him a speedy recovery and would agree with k train

MDSteel15
04-28-2011, 02:37 PM
I wanted him when he wasn't sick! I say take him!!! :banana:

cmerrifield
04-28-2011, 02:42 PM
I say take him in the 4th or 5th. We got nothing for last year's 4th, man that move still ticks me off, and C. Scott was the 5th, Cannon certain has more upside that Scott.

JollyRob68
04-28-2011, 07:31 PM
I wish him a speedy recovery and I want him in the 4th. looks like a scenario where we get some extra picks.
I agree take him and place him on pup list.

JollyRob68
04-29-2011, 10:53 PM
I don't think we'd get him in the 5Th a lot of teams with multiple picks.

coldrolled
04-30-2011, 12:26 AM
I wish him a speedy recovery and I want him in the 4th. looks like a scenario where we get some extra picks.
I agree take him and place him on pup list.

puplist....steal some pats picks from their pup list. they are loaded.

JollyRob68
04-30-2011, 12:47 AM
puplist....steal some pats picks from their pup list. they are loaded.

Id like to get him in the 4th. If he hasn't improved his Strength & Health come training camp we can put him on the PUP list. His Talent to me is worth the risk,However a few teams have multiple picks in the fourth and might feel the same as I do.

An observation from the draft is that SAM Acho is still on the board. They might move up for him.