PDA

View Full Version : Ras-i vs Aaron

andyg1984
04-23-2011, 07:58 PM
I really see the #1 pick as being one of these guys .. In my opinion, Ras-i is the better prospect and whenever I post my mock he is going to be the pick at 31 ..

I am not saying I am against Aaron Williams - I would be OK with that pick ( espec vs. the anticipated OL inventory), but i am just curious what advantage it is that Williams supporters believe he has over Ras-I ?

real hard to find guys that are as physical and athletically gifted as he is .. when you take into account how great of a teammate and fierce of a competitor he is it makes Ras-i even more rare .. he was born to be a steeler ..

--- Added 4/23/2011 at 06:58 PM ---

not really looking to talk about the injuries btw .. just the tape ..

coldrolled
04-23-2011, 08:19 PM
I really see the #1 pick as being one of these guys .. In my opinion, Ras-i is the better prospect and whenever I post my mock he is going to be the pick at 31 ..

I am not saying I am against Aaron Williams - I would be OK with that pick ( espec vs. the anticipated OL inventory), but i am just curious what advantage it is that Williams supporters believe he has over Ras-I ?

real hard to find guys that are as physical and athletically gifted as he is .. when you take into account how great of a teammate and fierce of a competitor he is it makes Ras-i even more rare .. he was born to be a steeler ..

--- Added 4/23/2011 at 06:58 PM ---

not really looking to talk about the injuries btw .. just the tape ..

i think aaron will be gone in the 20's it will be smith or ras if they go CB

we need to sign NA. lets win a SB this year.

andyg1984
04-23-2011, 08:31 PM
NA is too expensive .. if we are going to sign a big FA lets make it Cromartie for cheaper ..

--- Added 4/23/2011 at 07:30 PM ---

if it comes down to Ras-I or Smith, Ras-I has the edge because of charachter big time ..

his personality is contagious ..

interview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTjPU5YxvTA

highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VCHpKga3kk&feature=related

--- Added 4/23/2011 at 07:31 PM ---

i think he can play FS too ..

Phenomenal TJ
04-23-2011, 08:53 PM
If Williams isn't there, I'll take Brandon Harris.

andyg1984
04-23-2011, 08:56 PM
i love brandon harris, but Ras-i is a better fit big time and a better prospect..

connecticutsteel
04-24-2011, 12:21 AM
harris doest fit our scheme well ras i is like a jaguar smooth fast looks big greaT to drive but when it breaks it cost you a ton williams is like a toyota camry fast enough and it runs and runs day after day without problems and then after a while you switch it to safety

Callax
04-24-2011, 09:20 AM
I don't want Harris, he's too short... Barely over 5'9"
but there are several corners that are not tall but play well...
IF Pitt takes Harris, I hope that short and good is better than what we have now!

Williams over Dowling not injury prone

coldrolled
04-24-2011, 02:55 PM
we will lose another cb pick now....

Buccaneers Expected to Release Aqib Talib
Once the lockout is lifted, and NFL teams are able to release and trade players, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are expected to part ways with troubled cornerback Aqib Talib, Rick Stroud of the St. Petersburg Times.

Since being chosen with the 20th overall pick of the 2008 NFL Draft, Talib has 127 tackles, 15 interceptions, and 35 passes defensed in 41 career games, but has assaulted teammates and local cab drivers, the latter earning a one-game suspension from the NFL to start the 2010 season.

coach
04-24-2011, 03:38 PM
IF Pitt takes Harris, I hope that short and good is better than what we have now!

I think short and good is better than we have now.

andyg1984
04-24-2011, 07:19 PM
he missed one game his first three years.. his last year is what makes it tough .. he is a real hard worker and tried to play through the injuries/get ready for combine after being injured so who knows if he contributed to the problem himself by being such a fierce competitor ..

i just want this guy on the team ..

--- Added 4/24/2011 at 06:19 PM ---

i think he projects better at FS than Williams anyhow .. but again, i like williams too ..

Farrior Fan
04-24-2011, 09:34 PM
If Talib isn't in jail we should pick him up for next to nothing and have Silverback throw him into a corner of the locker room and tell him if he Fs up again he will be traded to Cincy.

Silverback
04-25-2011, 12:13 AM
If Talib isn't in jail we should pick him up for next to nothing and have Silverback throw him into a corner of the locker room and tell him if he Fs up again he will be traded to Cincy.

I almost made a thread about this, I love talib as a corner(not so much as a person) but I doubt FO would take a chance on such a risky player given all the legal issues now. Having said that I would love to see us bring him in for cheap and try it out, I don't see a better situation for Talib than all the veteran presence in the pitt locker room. Also not sure how he would fit in the system but any secondary talent at this point is welcome.

Zachintosh66
04-25-2011, 02:08 AM
Ras-i or Harris if we go CB, I wouldnt mind AW but only if he went straight to FS. But think we need CB or OL before... BPA Regardless

coldrolled
04-25-2011, 08:46 AM
I almost made a thread about this, I love talib as a corner(not so much as a person) but I doubt FO would take a chance on such a risky player given all the legal issues now. Having said that I would love to see us bring him in for cheap and try it out, I don't see a better situation for Talib than all the veteran presence in the pitt locker room. Also not sure how he would fit in the system but any secondary talent at this point is welcome.

everyone is saying no jimmy smith? but ghetto boy talib is ok :thinking:

lets get NA .. he is a stand up guy, besides perfect for us.

connecticutsteel
04-25-2011, 09:38 AM
everyone is saying no jimmy smith? but ghetto boy talib is ok :thinking:

lets get NA .. he is a stand up guy also besides perfect for us.

f@#* smitH and talib both get rasi and we'll be fine with butler and lewis b mac gay clark troy taylor

K Train
04-25-2011, 10:08 AM

thats not why harris is a bad fit....hes short but he can ball out. hes jsut a poor fit for the scheme.

tall corners are overrated, just as much as tall WRs. ill take harris in the mid second if we wanted to trade up. the dude is a good team mate and a fierce competitor

K Train
04-25-2011, 10:09 AM
also imo ras-i > williams

but thats not where their draft stock is going to be

JollyRob68
04-25-2011, 04:33 PM

If thats the case then just take Jimmy Smith and give him a chance. Smith comes off as an a**hole but I dont think he's that bad of a young man.

--- Added 4/25/2011 at 03:33 PM ---

also imo ras-i > williams

but thats not where their draft stock is going to be

Hey K Train, Do you think the Steelers might be making a Defensive Switch after next year? So Taking Harris or Williams wouldn't be a bad idea in a hybrid/cover 2 type Defense. Both Harris and/or williams can play the nickel spot this year. I also see them possible taking Rahim Moore with Carnell Lake being the New DB's Coach and Keith Butler being DC next year. If it wasn't for the CBA expiring I think we'd have 2 new OC's. Keith Butler on D and Randy Fetchner or ? on Offense.

K Train
04-25-2011, 04:42 PM
i dont see a switch under butler if he were to take over next year, and tomlin has 43 experience but hes not married to it.

id hate a switch, what a waste of LBers that would be

coach
04-25-2011, 06:15 PM
This stuff can make a man dizzy.
The more I look at things (in this non-expert humble view) , the more I doubt Williams will be there for us, depending on trades, of course. If they come off the board as we expect, Peterson, Amukamra, Smith (albeit some boards have dropped him), Williams, Harris, I can see any of the following teams looking for DBs depending on need or BPA:
Buffalo
Houston
Tampa
Balt

A handful of teams want to trade down, I would think:
Carolina (no takers though)
Buff (good luck; they, or a handful of teams, though, will snatch Peterson as BPA); Dallas might be willing to move up for him if he drops a bit. I don't see them taking PA at 9 with other players at need positions, but they could try and slide down and pick up PA later.
Houston or Detroit could take PA by 13.
Tampa would do us a favour if they took Smith, but with what just happened with Talib, they may like the safer pick (Williams/Harris) better.
Baltimore could take Williams, Smith or Harris depending on what Tampa does. If they don't trade down, and they like to trade, this could leave us with a choice of Smith or Dowling (if they take Harris) or a choice between Harris and Dowling (if they take Smith).
Wash, Phil and GB would probably be willing to move down a bit too.

NE doesn't have many picks next year so they could actually trade one of their first round picks away for next year. Hopefully they trade with a team that needs a QB, particualrly at 28. And hopefully they don't take Pouncey at 17. That would just smell.

We need some teams to make some mistakes and over-draft a QB or take a RB in the first round.

Dilemma:
If you had to choose Harris or Smith at 31 or trade down a few spots and take your chances picking up Dowling high in the 2nd, what would you do?