PDA

View Full Version : if the steelers traded with carolina for the first pick who whould you choose

connecticutsteel
04-22-2011, 02:14 AM
i would take peterson or quinn

K Train
04-22-2011, 10:30 AM
patrick peterson and its not even remotely close

andyg1984
04-22-2011, 10:46 AM
duh..peterson ...

lets try again .. we have new englands pick at 17.. I say Phil Taylor ..

K Train
04-22-2011, 10:55 AM
phil taylor might be there at 31...i say pouncey there would be the only reason to trade up

andyg1984
04-22-2011, 12:10 PM
i like carimi more than pouncey and i would not take a RT at 17 .. i think carimi makes a case for the left, but could be the man at RT

K Train
04-22-2011, 12:19 PM
nah i like carimi but pouncey is the better player...the dude is gonna be a probowl guard. i think the steelers should be the only team that should consider an actual trade up for him just for chemistry sake, any other team i think it wouldnt be logical.

i like carimi, i think hes a poor mans jake long....either a good LT or a studly RT, and i would definitely take him at 17

Zachintosh66
04-22-2011, 12:21 PM
peterson... if someone says newton, i will hunt them down

connecticutsteel
04-22-2011, 12:34 PM
well i hope no one would say newton if teams are smart he will drop out of the first round he has russell /campbell written all over him this guy has had people at his feet since high school even his dad and a lot of people said that campbell was a better qb at auburn than newton hes the tim tebow of this draft only i think tebow will end up at tight end or specials newton will never start in the nfl .nfl,com is reporting that carolina is looking to sell this pick is it worth 4 or 5 picks or some players

andyg1984
04-22-2011, 01:07 PM
nah i like carimi but pouncey is the better player...the dude is gonna be a probowl guard. i think the steelers should be the only team that should consider an actual trade up for him just for chemistry sake, any other team i think it wouldnt be logical.

i like carimi, i think hes a poor mans jake long....either a good LT or a studly RT, and i would definitely take him at 17

i like carimi a bunch and think he will ultimately be a bigger contributor to his team than mp2 .. but at the same time i think he is standing out in a weak OT class ..

okung, williams and davis were all better imo ..

but at the end of the day i am fine with staying put and taking Ras-i because i think he is easily a top 25 prospect ..

Rampage
04-22-2011, 01:12 PM
Cam Newton.

K Train
04-22-2011, 01:17 PM
well i hope no one would say newton if teams are smart he will drop out of the first round he has russell /campbell written all over him this guy has had people at his feet since high school even his dad and a lot of people said that campbell was a better qb at auburn than newton hes the tim tebow of this draft only i think tebow will end up at tight end or specials newton will never start in the nfl .nfl,com is reporting that carolina is looking to sell this pick is it worth 4 or 5 picks or some players

newton will certainly be a starter, i think hes gonna be successful as long as hes got the right coaches around him...hes like jamarcus and young tied into one, i do think he'll be better than both of them and even if hes never great im sure he'll show flashes of greatness.

hes really not THAT much unlike roethlisberger, just got a little more straight line speed

connecticutsteel
04-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Cam Newton.

yeah right

--- Added 4/22/2011 at 11:55 AM ---

newton will certainly be a starter, i think hes gonna be successful as long as hes got the right coaches around him...hes like jamarcus and young tied into one, i do think he'll be better than both of them and even if hes never great im sure he'll show flashes of greatness.

hes really not THAT much unlike roethlisberger, just got a little more straight line speed

so k-train if ben was being drafted this year would you take him or newton

coach
04-22-2011, 01:58 PM
Nobody thought of Marcel Dareus? I would take Peterson, too. I thought somebody would be pulling for a big man.

K Train
04-22-2011, 02:06 PM
roethlisberger. way more polished, a D1 starter for 3 years

he came out in a stacked year with eli and rivers getting most of the press, but both he and newton are about the same size, have a knack for their ability to escape, and have a winners mentality and on the field leadership. on the field their team mates would do anything for them cause they bring that kind of presence to the game. might not be the best role model for kids, but team mates would take a bullet for them when gametime comes.

ben however was much more polished being a 3 year starter in the MAC conference, not that the competition int he MAC is great but he was a man among boys and dominated (similar to newton in junior college)

the thing ben and newton have against them as prospects is footwork, but ben was much better throwing on the run outside of the pocket and his touch was better...the thing that really separates ben is his ability to go through his progressions, by all means as a rookie it was 1, 2, and throw...newtons with probably be 1, maybe 2 and run which isnt a good way to develop him because hes too big to be a "running QB" it just wont work like it did in college.

if anyone is this years tebow, its kaepernick imo

K Train
04-22-2011, 02:11 PM
Nobody thought of Marcel Dareus? I would take Peterson, too. I thought somebody would be pulling for a big man.

dareus looks the part of a big DT but he plays like a DE in that hes not overpowering at the point of attack and wont sustain blockers, he'll try to get around you which looks funny but he is athletic enough to do it...i like him as a distruptive DT in a 43 much more than a disciplined DE in a 34

it would go peterson...pro bowl corner or hall of fame FS...ill take either, after that it would go julio jones, aj green, robert quinn, von miller, dareus

connecticutsteel
04-22-2011, 02:14 PM
roethlisberger. way more polished, a D1 starter for 3 years

he came out in a stacked year with eli and rivers getting most of the press, but both he and newton are about the same size, have a knack for their ability to escape, and have a winners mentality and on the field leadership. on the field their team mates would do anything for them cause they bring that kind of presence to the game. might not be the best role model for kids, but team mates would take a bullet for them when gametime comes.

ben however was much more polished being a 3 year starter in the MAC conference, not that the competition int he MAC is great but he was a man among boys and dominated (similar to newton in junior college)

the thing ben and newton have against them as prospects is footwork, but ben was much better throwing on the run outside of the pocket and his touch was better...the thing that really separates ben is his ability to go through his progressions, by all means as a rookie it was 1, 2, and throw...newtons with probably be 1, maybe 2 and run which isnt a good way to develop him because hes too big to be a "running QB" it just wont work like it did in college.

if anyone is this years tebow, its kaepernick imo

ok but kaepenick isnt a 1st rounder you might be right about newton but i just get the feeling he wont do so well i think if ben was drafted to a team like carolina or a losing team he would have struggled more :2cents:

K Train
04-22-2011, 02:19 PM
yeah...tebow wasnt a first rounder either lol, imo he was a 5th round talent...i would have drafted troy smith over tebow.

kaepernick is a high second rounder, and might sneak into the first

JollyRob68
04-22-2011, 04:31 PM
Peterson

Callax
04-22-2011, 06:04 PM
Petersen in a heartbeat!

coach
04-23-2011, 06:48 PM
I know there is no way we will trade all the way up into the top 10, but once peterson and Amukumara are off the board, how far up would you trade for a CB or Pouncey?

JensK
04-23-2011, 06:51 PM
Not further than 25, MAYBE 20 if someone like Amukumara fell that far (which he obviously won't). It is just too pricy to move up at the spot we're at.