PDA

View Full Version : do you think dennis dixon will leave via free agency

connecticutsteel
04-22-2011, 01:41 AM
i think the steelers will offer him a deal

DanRooney
04-22-2011, 01:48 AM
I think you should rename this thread "Will the Steelers waste their money and cap space by signing a career 3rd string QB with no arm, can't read defenses, and ultimately sucks?"

connecticutsteel
04-22-2011, 01:56 AM
I think you should rename this thread "Will the Steelers waste they're money and cap space by signing a career 3rd string QB with no arm, can't read defenses, and ultimately sucks?"[/QUOTEi couldnt agree more amen

--- Added 4/21/2011 at 11:56 PM ---

[QUOTE=DanRooney;419686]I think you should rename this thread "Will the Steelers waste they're money and cap space by signing a career 3rd string QB with no arm, can't read defenses, and ultimately sucks?"

i couldnt agree more:yellowthumb::yellowthumb:

Phenomenal TJ
04-22-2011, 03:24 AM
I'll be the third to jump on that train. He'd be much better suited for an NFC East practice squad, so he could simulate Vick scrambling.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-22-2011, 10:35 AM
I think it really depends on if they are able to retain Byron Leftwich and get him inked to a longer deal. Lefty is beyond his years to be a starter but the guy is a very capable backup, I'd be all for him taking over that role behind Roethlisberger.

If a team offered up a decent draft pick for him. I would think the Steelers would probably very much consider taking it.

Rampage
04-22-2011, 12:54 PM
Honestly, I don't really care much one way or another. I think Dixon has ability, but he is constantly hurt. If they could get a pick in return, I would not mind seeing him go.

coldrolled
04-22-2011, 06:50 PM
trade him to steelers west for john skelton.

Callax
04-22-2011, 10:27 PM
I think Dixon will be a decent starter somewhere, just not here. He will get signed for short term and get traded for a 3rd or 4th at the least.

jnes1216
04-23-2011, 12:58 AM
No team will give up a draft pick for Dixon. They'll wait till he's cut and then throw their hat in the mix. Why give up something when you can get it for relatively nothing? Same with Sweed, if the Steelers decide to part ways this year or next(whatever his contract is for).

DanRooney
04-23-2011, 06:04 AM
Boggles my mind that some people actually think we can get a 3rd round pick for him. Brandon Marshall was traded for a 2nd to a team that desperately needed WR help. A team where Brian Hartline was their best option. Jason Campbell, a former first round pick and a starter, was traded for a 4th. Get the f outta here if you think we're going to get anything more than a 7th round pick out of this bum.

coldrolled
04-23-2011, 05:22 PM
Boggles my mind that some people actually think we can get a 3rd round pick for him. Brandon Marshall was traded for a 2nd to a team that desperately needed WR help. A team where Brian Hartline was their best option. Jason Campbell, a former first round pick and a starter, was traded for a 4th. Get the f outta here if you think we're going to get anything more than a 7th round pick out of this bum.

Acquired by the Dolphins last April from the Denver Broncos for a pair of second-round picks, including one in the 2011 NFL Draft

Clevelandsux
05-01-2011, 12:55 PM
is he a free agent? He's ok as a back-up. He's younger than leftwich and Batch, but will never start here as long as Ben is here.

greg1964
05-03-2011, 08:31 AM
Dixon: Why would he sign with the Steelers, if he EVER wan't to be a starter, it will not happen with the Steelers (barring injuries)

Ben, Batch and Leftwich (in that order) would be my choice, unless N.C release Tony Pike, then Leftwich would be gone.

Everyone seams to want to get rid of Batch, but he know the offerense, know his role on this team, and when given the opperunity to play has played well.

Nolrog
05-03-2011, 09:52 PM
do you think dennis dixon will leave via free agency

I mean this with all due respect, and in no way meant to offend. . . . Who cares.

Mike Tomlin
05-03-2011, 10:29 PM
I mean this with all due respect, and in no way meant to offend. . . . Who cares.

Who I was about to say the same thing until I actually opened post lol!

bensshoes
05-04-2011, 08:26 AM
Dixon: Why would he sign with the Steelers, if he EVER wan't to be a starter, it will not happen with the Steelers (barring injuries)

Ben, Batch and Leftwich (in that order) would be my choice, unless N.C release Tony Pike, then Leftwich would be gone.

Everyone seams to want to get rid of Batch, but he know the offerense, know his role on this team, and when given the opperunity to play has played well.

I don't want to get rid of Batch, but Charlie is getting older...Coach Batch seems more appropriate he'd be a great QB coach and eventually OC. just looking into the future!