PDA

View Full Version : Week 11 bye week

connecticutsteel
04-21-2011, 12:14 AM
do you think a week 11 bye is good or bad personally i think that its alittle late in the season for a bye i think a late bye can hurt a teams momentum i prefer a week 5 or 6 bye to check out things make personel changes etc. so lets hear what you guy and gals think:tt02::cope::tt02::cope:

coldrolled
04-21-2011, 12:55 AM
do you think a week 11 bye is good or bad personally i think that its alittle late in the season for a bye i think a late bye can hurt a teams momentum i prefer a week 5 or 6 bye to check out things make personel changes etc. so lets hear what you guy and gals think:tt02::cope::tt02::cope:

going into the playoffs it will be good to have later..

steelersbabex25
04-21-2011, 12:56 AM
Um..a week 11 bye is obviously terrible. Or obviously awesome. :thinking: We really won't know until the time comes and we know the circumstances.

connecticutsteel
04-21-2011, 01:05 AM
Um..a week 11 bye is obviously terrible. Or obviously awesome. :thinking: We really won't know until the time comes and we know the circumstances.

i guess we will see i dont see an advantage to it playoffs or not

Root4Stlrs
04-21-2011, 05:51 PM

I think a later bye is probably better most of the time. However, last year's bye week certainly came at an opportune time.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-21-2011, 09:37 PM
We'll be breaking down the bye and the entire schedule on an upcoming podcast. I'm excited to have a late bye. It's the perfect time to get healthy just before the playoffs. That's assuming that you're healthy for the first 10 games and even in contention..LOL

HUNT4SEVEN
04-25-2011, 07:04 PM
The Lock OUT just got lifted...

steeldoc
04-25-2011, 08:36 PM
Old team, playoff aspirations, late bye.....perfect.:imho:

Deviouz1
04-25-2011, 09:01 PM
Old team, playoff aspirations, late bye.....perfect.:imho:

+1

if you consider the superbowl and playoff/wildcard games, that bye comes dead square in the middle of the season. maybe its a good time to give Old Man Polamalu a break, might keep him fresh enough to finish unlike last year.

Phenomenal TJ
04-26-2011, 03:34 PM
Love the late bye with an older team, without a doubt,

JensK
04-26-2011, 03:39 PM
I think it is too late. The team have a rough rough schedule before the bye, and they'll be worn down big time in the last few games leading up to the bye. I would have liked it around week 7 or 8.

pimplydan
04-26-2011, 05:37 PM
Yes its a late bye , the way I see it , it really cuts the season in two . It will be important to get 7 or 8 wins before the bye week . Before the bye week the steelers schedule is tough , but it is rather easy after .

6 games after bye , KC CIN CLE SF STL and CLE again .

The steelers should get the momentum going into the playoffs playing these opponents .
So basically , I think it can workout pretty well . 10 games before the bye and 9 or 10 games after , whatever number of games it will take to get back to the superbowl