PDA

View Full Version : My mock draft..

mcfly06
04-20-2011, 10:08 PM
Hey steeler nation!!just thought id make a mock draft,let me know what you guys think of this.Now it might change before next week,just who id like them to take...

Round 1: CB/S-Aaron Williams (Texas)

Round 2: WR-Austin Pettis (Boise St.)

Round 3: LB-Casey Matthews (Oregon)

Round 4: OT-Marcus Gilbert (Florida)

Round 5: S-Tyler Sash (Iowa)

Round 6: LB- Greg Lloyd Jr. (UCONN)

Round 7: DE- Ryan Winterswyk (Boise St.)

connecticutsteel
04-20-2011, 11:05 PM
we have plenty of WR help plus pettis will be around in the mid rounds we really should go with 1CB 2de/nt 3ol/lb 4de/ol and so on but not a reciever i think if sweed has a great camp he will slide into the rotation and sanders will take some time from hines but we are rollin deep at WR SO NO WAY we take a RECIEVER at 62:banging:

K Train
04-21-2011, 09:10 AM
austin pettis and his 4.7 40 in the second is abysmal....5th maybe

also not really a fan of sash

andyg1984
04-21-2011, 10:17 AM
we have plenty of WR help plus pettis will be around in the mid rounds we really should go with 1CB 2de/nt 3ol/lb 4de/ol and so on but not a reciever i think if sweed has a great camp he will slide into the rotation and sanders will take some time from hines but we are rollin deep at WR SO NO WAY we take a RECIEVER at 62:banging:

dude, if we pass greg little in the 2nd i will be outraged .. you cant pass on talent like that ..

--- Added 4/21/2011 at 09:17 AM ---

Hey steeler nation!!just thought id make a mock draft,let me know what you guys think of this.Now it might change before next week,just who id like them to take...

pettis in the 2nd is absolutely horrible and people are talking about gilbert going in the 2nd .. you should probably swap those two if it is supposed to be realistic ..

SteelDad
04-21-2011, 10:52 AM
I think you have a lot of the right positions, just not necessarily in the correct order. Can't see us going WR in the 2nd and I'm still not convinced Williams is the guy for us in the first.

mcfly06
04-21-2011, 11:34 PM
Thanks guys its just something to talk about,im not worried about pettis speed he has sure hands he'll catch anything thrown to him.First round i could see us going Brandon Harris CB from Miami. Also Jimmy Smith from colorado, but we should draft a wr somewhere in the draft. Because me personally ive given up on Sweed,With Matthews and Lloyd Jr. Id be happy with either one just looking to get some more young guys in there.I like Sash,what safety would you guys go for in this draft?? This is all personal perfence between us,but i love talking about it. We could go anywhere they have surprized us before when they took mendenhall

K Train
04-21-2011, 11:59 PM
at this point i prefer williams over harris

i like pettis alright, but hes more of a 4th-5th round guy. titus young is a second rounder.

if we go after a safety i want (possibly aaron williams) rahim moore, quinton carter or maybe in the 4th-5th round deunta williams

K Train
04-21-2011, 11:59 PM

i like pettis alright, but hes more of a 4th-5th round guy. titus young is a second rounder.

if we go after a safety i want (possibly aaron williams) rahim moore, quinton carter or maybe in the 4th-5th round deunta williams

mcfly06
04-22-2011, 12:17 AM

Titus Young is a 2nd rounder but the lowest i see Pettis falling is 3rd round maybe 4th. What about rb in like 2nd round or 3rd round.Daniel Thomas from Kansas St. , Jordan Todman UCONN, Jacquizz Rodgers Oregon St. would we go rb,some point??We all can sit here and debate,but we have no idea what Kevin and the guys are gonna do.They like doing the surprize pick too.

andyg1984
04-22-2011, 09:23 AM
Jacquizz Rodgers, Taiwan Jones, Demarco Murray, Shane Vereen,Noel Devine, Dion Lewis .. i really want one of those guys ..someone is going to pull the trigger in jones way early, but i think we have a shot at all the others

coach
04-22-2011, 01:12 PM
dude, if we pass greg little in the 2nd i will be outraged .. you cant pass on talent like that ..

--- Added 4/21/2011 at 09:17 AM ---

pettis in the 2nd is absolutely horrible and people are talking about gilbert going in the 2nd .. you should probably swap those two if it is supposed to be realistic ..

Somebody will pick him up before we pick in second. I am not sure how I would feel about him in the second, though. I think the Steelers are a bit too risk averse for that kind of pick.

K Train
04-22-2011, 01:30 PM
id be so happy with him in 2...i love sweed but that would mean hes done for, but who knows maybe a fresh start will do him good

JollyRob68
04-22-2011, 03:28 PM
I dont see Greg Little being there when we pick at 63. If he's there I want him. He covers several need for us. Possession receiver,3rd down back,Punt returner and a good blocker. The Steelers will take a WR I assumed it would be in the third. However they'll never get Austin Pettis or Greg Little in the 3rd but could get Terrence Tolliver or Vincent Brown in 3rd or 4th.

--- Added 4/22/2011 at 02:28 PM ---

I understand why you have us taking Pettis in the second because he wont be there in the 3rd. Change round 4 to Jason Pinkston/Lee Ziemba/Willie Smith, Rd 5 Brandon Bair/Frank Kearse round 6 Da'rel Scott/Derrick Locke rd 7 Lee Smith TE/LS, Mike Huey OG or Davon Morgon S

K Train
04-22-2011, 03:43 PM
austin pettis will not be a second round pick.

i have baldwin, young, hankerson, cobb, smith, jernigan, gates, little and maybe paul higher than pettis...hes just not that great of a prospect. i would honestly be surprised if we was selected before the 4th

JollyRob68
04-22-2011, 03:56 PM
austin pettis will not be a second round pick.

i have baldwin, young, hankerson, cobb, smith, jernigan, gates, little and maybe paul higher than pettis...hes just not that great of a prospect. i would honestly be surprised if we was selected before the 4th

I think he'll go in the 3rd.
Yes all of those are better than Pettis,I want Little but if they really want Pettis they'll have to reach because he wont be there at #95.
The only Receiver I want in the second would be Greg Little, maybe Hankerson. Baldwin,Young,Cobb,Hankerson should all be gone.