PDA

View Full Version : Does Whiz have The Edge

Steelerlyn
01-06-2007, 11:41 PM
Dad is still quite active and in a position to give Art all the advice he needs. The big difference between now and any other coaching search in my memory is that they have a franchise QB and they don't want to completely start over with a new offensive system, which might give Whiz the edge.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-06-2007, 11:53 PM
Dad is still quite active and in a position to give Art all the advice he needs. The big difference between now and any other coaching search in my memory is that they have a franchise QB and they don't want to completely start over with a new offensive system, which might give Whiz the edge.

Well if its between Whiz and Grimm then I hope Whiz gets it the job. But I think the Steelers should explore to see whats outside the organization. Both Noll/Cowher was from outside the Steelers organization. But whoever the Rooney's hire I trust their judgement.

Steelersfan
01-07-2007, 12:03 AM
Well if its between Whiz and Grimm then I hope Whiz gets it the job. But I think the Steelers should explore to see whats outside the organization. Both Noll/Cowher was from outside the Steelers organization. But whoever the Rooney's hire I trust their judgement.

I agree 32. They said there was no time limit on hiring a new coach and that they would search until they thought they had the right person for the job. You have to think they are looking strongly at someone outside but I guess you never know.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-07-2007, 12:07 AM
The main thing is that Mark Whipple is still there so he can continue to work with Ben. I agree, starting a whole new system wouldnt exactly be in our best interest.

The interesting thing is, you don't hear much about Russ Grimm even though he's the assistant head coach, you hear more about Whiz on a weekly basis.

Koopa
01-07-2007, 12:27 AM
i'll trust the the rooney's judgement unless it's grimm, then i'll think it's time to stick the old man in a nursing home lol

Blitzburgh55
01-07-2007, 12:29 AM
i'll trust the the rooney's judgement unless it's grimm, then i'll think it's time to stick the old man in a nursing home lol

Yea i really dont want grimm that much

Steelerlyn
01-07-2007, 01:03 AM
I do hope they go outside but like the majority, I trust the Rooney's..........their track record has been pretty good:)

AZ_Steeler
01-07-2007, 01:03 AM
I don't care who it is at this point I just want them to hurry and pick someone to kill all the suspense... I can't take it!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-07-2007, 01:07 AM
I don't care who it is at this point I just want them to hurry and pick someone to kill all the suspense... I can't take it!!!

Patience my good man.:bluelol: I know what you mean though. Plus us Steelers fans don't know what its like really going through the process of finding a new head coach.