PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Steelers Back In Time: Rating The 2010 Draft

Phenomenal TJ
04-19-2011, 01:32 AM
Just to clarify, this will hopefully become a running series where I break down the picks that the Pittsburgh Steelers have made in various drafts, how they fared with the team, and potentially where they are and what they’re doing now.

http://www.steelerschronicle.com/2011/04/pittsburgh-steelers-back-in-time-rating-the-2010-nfl-draft.html/

BlitzburghRockCity
04-19-2011, 03:11 PM
For those that don't know, TJ is a writer for SteelersChronicle. They are an affiliate of ours and he also shares some of his work here on SA.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-19-2011, 06:17 PM
Losing Gibson still irks me, I really liked his upside. I understand trying to keep Smith around at the time but it was a pretty hefty price to pay in hindsight.

connecticutsteel
04-19-2011, 06:34 PM
Losing Gibson still irks me, I really liked his upside. I understand trying to keep Smith around at the time but it was a pretty hefty price to pay in hindsight.

losing gibson was a huge gaffe by tomlin and co :banging::banging:

Rampage
04-19-2011, 07:10 PM

losing gibson was a huge gaffe by tomlin and co :banging::banging:

But guys, at least we kept Arnaz Battle!

K Train
04-19-2011, 08:27 PM
how do you think i feel...gibson was one of my favorite college prospects ever, i correctly predicted him getting drafted to my favorite team, and they just let him go

brings a tear to my eye

Nolrog
04-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Good draft I thought. Getting Pouncy really helped solidify the OL, which has bene a weakness for the last few years. They played better, and I thought looked good in the SB even though Pouncey was out. Ligursky (sp?) held his own, and I could see him contributing at guard next year.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-24-2011, 01:34 AM
But guys, at least we kept Arnaz Battle!

I know right, there's no way we'd have made it to the super bowl without him :evilshake:

Good draft I thought. Getting Pouncy really helped solidify the OL, which has bene a weakness for the last few years. They played better, and I thought looked good in the SB even though Pouncey was out. Ligursky (sp?) held his own, and I could see him contributing at guard next year.

Legursky is the epic, prototypical, offensive lineman that the Steelers love. A guy that can play every position at the drop of a hat. He'll definitely get thrown into the mix for 2012 but regardless of whether he's a backup or not we sure are lucky to have him on the roster.

Phenomenal TJ
04-24-2011, 05:10 AM
I gained a lot of respect for Legursky last season. He comes in essentially cold and performs as well as he could ever be asked. Nothing great, but nothing absolutely 'YOU SUCK' worthy. He was tossed into a bad situation all around and made the best of it.

Plus, like was mentioned above, versatility is great.