PDA

View Full Version : if Adrian Clayborn fell to 31

JollyRob68
04-15-2011, 10:46 PM
If Adrian Clayborn fell to #31 (like ziggy #32) would you want the Steelers to draft hint over a CB? Which of the three would you take over a CB, Heyward, Clayborn or Wilkerson?

connecticutsteel
04-16-2011, 01:57 AM
If Adrian Clayborn fell to #31 (like ziggy #32) would you want the Steelers to draft hint over a CB? Which of the three would you take over a CB, Heyward, Clayborn or Wilkerson?

wilkerson all the way im not certain but i think heyward has a negative medical sheet

JollyRob68
04-16-2011, 02:59 AM
wilkerson all the way im not certain but i think heyward has a negative medical sheet

Heyward had tommy john surgery on elbow. Clayborn has erbs palsey on right side. Wilkerson no medical issues just played against lower level talent. Id understand taking any of them but id love to get. Aaron Williams. But 5 tech is needed badly.

Zachintosh66
04-16-2011, 10:26 AM
BPA... We "need" OL, DL youth and DB's... BPA

JollyRob68
04-16-2011, 12:26 PM
BPA... We "need" OL, DL youth and DB's... BPA

Ok but which one of the 3 are your BPA? All are ranked higher than the OL or CB that will be there. However I want Aaron Williams But wouldn't be mad with the 5tech.

Zachintosh66
04-16-2011, 02:35 PM
Ok but which one of the 3 are your BPA? All are ranked higher than the OL or CB that will be there. However I want Aaron Williams But wouldn't be mad with the 5tech.

Ill tell you when were on the clock...

K Train
04-16-2011, 05:09 PM
heyward for sure.

i do like clayborn though

coach
04-17-2011, 05:27 PM
I will defer to people who follow the college game more, but it looks like there will be more than a few good DBs in next years draft. I'll lean toward DL this year, but need to see what happens on D-day. We still need a DB no later than second this year I think.

JollyRob68
04-18-2011, 03:22 PM
I think CB Aaron Williams will not be available when we select at 31. With all the exposure he's getting, someone will snatch him up therefore allowing a DL to drop. As for OL I think unless specific people are there at the end of the first 3 rounds they'll take one in the 4th.
Steelers will have to decide if they'll take a guy who had tommy john surgery or one with Erbs Palsey. I say the one with Erbs palsey has played with it all his life and he can stay on the field when the switch to nickel. Adrian Clayborn would be the pick.

K Train
04-18-2011, 03:42 PM
adrian clayborn wishes he was cameron heyward

andyg1984
04-18-2011, 07:39 PM
clayborn wishes he could have been drafted last year .. heyward is going before 31 easy

--- Added 4/18/2011 at 05:39 PM ---

if for some reason we knew jenkins was going to be there in the 2nd i would pass on clayborn no questions asked, think i would honestly pass heyward too hypothetically ..

for me my most realistic/we cannot pass if for some reason he is there is Phil Taylor

coldrolled
04-18-2011, 08:33 PM
adrian clayborn wishes he was cameron heyward

:imho: Marvin Austin before the injured Heyward

we need a CB...

K Train
04-18-2011, 08:41 PM
just not a marvin austin fan before the 3rd round-ish, and definitely not for a 34.

andyg1984
04-18-2011, 08:44 PM
does any1 know what to really think of the taylor's foot condition? what i said above sort of assumed they were just rumors ..

K Train
04-18-2011, 08:48 PM
im hearing BS on his foot condition

coldrolled
04-19-2011, 12:03 AM
does any1 know what to really think of the taylor's foot condition? what i said above sort of assumed they were just rumors ..

"Taylor, according to MRIs taken at the Combine, has bones growing together in his feet. The condition, which according to the source is not correctable through surgery, is a pain tolerance issue. Considering that Taylor played much of his senior season at 330-340 pounds -- and has allowed his weight to get into the 380s in the past -- teams are concerned that his weight will only make the injury tougher to handle."

K Train
04-19-2011, 10:17 AM
schefter reports that teams dont seem concerned with it at all and he is likely mid-late first round still

connecticutsteel
04-19-2011, 10:27 AM
I think CB Aaron Williams will not be available when we select at 31. With all the exposure he's getting, someone will snatch him up therefore allowing a DL to drop. As for OL I think unless specific people are there at the end of the first 3 rounds they'll take one in the 4th.
Steelers will have to decide if they'll take a guy who had tommy john surgery or one with Erbs Palsey. I say the one with Erbs palsey has played with it all his life and he can stay on the field when the switch to nickel. Adrian Clayborn would be the pick.

tommy john surgery isnt a negative the advancements in that surgery make the elbow stronger in most cases

K Train
04-19-2011, 10:30 AM
yeah its really not as devasting as it used to be, even for baseball pitchers...heyward was a man child in his bowl game

coldrolled
04-19-2011, 01:13 PM
yeah its really not as devasting as it used to be, even for baseball pitchers...heyward was a man child in his bowl game

true, but it seems many times over, a player with ligament problems has the same genetic weakness in ligaments in other areas. look at our punter? smith's muscle tears were not his first this year, was heywards injury a freak injury like pouncey's?? did someone crush his arm? or was he just working out?

JollyRob68
04-19-2011, 04:40 PM
true, but it seems many times over, a player with ligament problems has the same genetic weakness in ligaments in other areas. look at our punter? smith's muscle tears were not his first this year, was heywards injury a freak injury like pouncey's?? did someone crush his arm? or was he just working out?

Heyward was injured in the game and kept playing. My concern is that we already have a 5 tech with an arm issue. However I'd find it hard not to take him or Clayborn because they would be BPA.

coldrolled
04-20-2011, 11:06 AM

he would blast open holes for the retiring farrior... and make it real easy for sylvester to look good. he throws people around like a lowland guerilla i like that too.

just hate to have a #1 watching games...

JollyRob68
04-22-2011, 04:58 PM
he would blast open holes for the retiring farrior... and make it real easy for sylvester to look good. he throws people around like a lowland guerilla i like that too.

just hate to have a #1 watching games...

He wont watch this year. He will rotate in due to age/injury prone D line. I think if he's there its a tough choice between him & Williams. However if Wilkerson slips to 31 he's the pick. The Steelers love him.

K Train
04-22-2011, 06:43 PM
again, i would ****ing hate it if we picked wilkerson hes not even on my radar

JollyRob68
04-22-2011, 10:27 PM
I
again, i would ****ing hate it if we picked wilkerson hes not even on my radar

I read that the want him bad.