PDA

View Full Version : will limas sweed share time with hines ward this upcoming season

connecticutsteel
04-14-2011, 10:45 PM
I think they will give him another chance he will have till the end of camp to earn a spot or he will be cut. What do you think?

LatrobePA
04-14-2011, 11:24 PM
The kid will have every chance in the world to shine, will he is the big question! Or better yet, will he stay healthy??

K Train
04-14-2011, 11:33 PM
i think he makes the roster this year whenever it starts....he would contribute more than el and battle

BlitzburghRockCity
04-14-2011, 11:39 PM
Share time with Ward? Well that's assuming that Ward is suddenly demoted to 3rd or 4th string. At the start of the year Ward and Wallace will be the starters, but Brown & Sanders will get significant time. Between the 4 of them, Sweed would be the 5th if he makes the team.

I hope he is able to do it and make some contributions this year, certainly more than Battle did. However considering the 4 starters we have now it won't be easy. Battle can still make the team as a special teams ace. At that point it's a matter of how many wide outs Tomlin wants to keep.

DanRooney
04-14-2011, 11:40 PM
i think they will give him another chance he will have till the end of camp to earn a spot or he will be cut

No if anything Sanders will but they won't let Hines miss any snaps barring injury, unfortunately. Sweed will get a shot at a roster spot for sure though.

Real Deal Steel
04-14-2011, 11:41 PM
ARE needs to be the one cut. Sweed has massive upside.

K Train
04-14-2011, 11:45 PM
i think el is on the way out and sweeds fate relies heavily on TC and how he performs as a big target on the outside around all these smaller guys.

draft will tell alot about what they think of sweed

Rampage
04-15-2011, 12:33 PM
I am confident that Sweed is going to do well this upcoming season. I would love to see a four wideout set with Wallace, Sweed, Sanders, and Brown. So much speed.

bigplaysteel
04-15-2011, 01:57 PM
i think he makes the roster this year whenever it starts....he would contribute more than el and battle

I am really optimistic about this players future. I know a lot of Steeler fans are rooting for him. He could be very helpful.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-16-2011, 11:40 AM
Sweed has had a massive upside ever since he was drafted but he just hasn't panned out yet. I had huge hopes for him in 2010 and really thought he was on the upswing but then the injury happened and his season never got off the ground. I'm rooting for him as much as anyone but I'm not convinced he can make it yet personally.

Phenomenal TJ
04-16-2011, 02:01 PM
Limas Sweed was once considered a draft day steal for the Pittsburgh Steelers, but after two disappointing seasons Steelers fans regarded him as wasted space and a busted pick. But, then reports came from mini camp last year that Sweed was turning his fortune around, complete with a brand new number on his jersey, hoping to rejuvenate a career where all hope was thought lost.

http://www.steelerschronicle.com/2011/04/limas-sweed-may-finally-make-an-impact-with-the-pittsburgh-steelers.html/

Callax
04-16-2011, 02:16 PM
He has the physical skills to do well. His problem was mental lapses and lack of focus. I was hoping he would do well this past season, but a blown achilles' tendon will ruin that every year. He will be battling for the 5th spot and I have no clue if the brain trusts of Pitt will be considering a WR this coming draft. I hope that Sweed does well, but I like ARE's unique QB/WR role. He is most likely going to be replaced soon, if not this year, then next year.
Usually in the 3rd year of a WR, that is the breakout year when everything clicks and if they are going to be good/very good, this will be the year. I hate to think all that talent would be turing out to be a waste of a 2nd round draft pick..

Steel Trap86
04-16-2011, 05:53 PM
lol why would he share time with ward? If anybody splits reps with ward it's gonna be Wallace and with Brown and Sanders looking as promising as they are, Sweed would be lucky to be a 5th option on this team right now. Ya El is probably on his way out and I agree that the draft tells a lot about Sweeds future, if he has one with the Steelers.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-17-2011, 12:16 PM
I think Randle El is the odd man out in this equation as well. With the talent the Steelers have amassed at Wide Receiver now it won't be easy for Tomlin to make the decision to keep the old veteran around. Honestly if it came down to keeping Sweed or El, I would have to say keep Sweed and see what he can do. If he doesn't make the roster then you know you gave him every opportunity to succeed but in the end he just couldn't make the cut. If you keep El and let Sweed go, you might be missing out him finally showing what he's got.

Stlrs4Life
04-17-2011, 12:25 PM
I think Sweed and El are out. I think they drat another WR.

acero
04-17-2011, 02:33 PM
sweed wont play for the steelers again

Blazedby92
04-18-2011, 12:19 PM
As i said the last two years, He's done, I hope i am wrong but really, time after time he has blew his chance and then an injury, If he as good as everyone says he is then we should be able to get atleast a 5th out of him, TRADE him now. Even if he turns out to be good we will still be alright with what we have now and use the 5th on another wr.

greg1964
04-18-2011, 12:30 PM
Wallace, Ward, Sanders, Brown and (drum roll please) Sweed: El and Battle will lfight it out for special team help (if needed) and in two years when Ward retire the Steelers SHOULD still be in good shape at the WR position.

Clevelandsux
04-18-2011, 08:34 PM
Limas sweed sucks. He won't hold Hines Wards jockstrap. Cut our losses.

K Train
04-18-2011, 08:43 PM
i think sweed is gonna surprise some people, whether its here or somewhere else i really think he has a future in the league

North Steel
04-18-2011, 10:52 PM
Let's go 5 wide outs.total air show,LOL,speed kills:yesnod:

SteelCityKid5
04-19-2011, 11:03 PM
Im wondering if we bring in a WR in the draft.. but I still say Sweed has his last chance this year

Real Deal Steel
04-20-2011, 03:21 AM
Sweed will be a pleasant surprise. I just have that feeling about him. Now if we can upgrade the O-line..then we'll really have something going.

steeldoc
04-23-2011, 05:56 PM
I bet he gets cut....he reminds me of Tom Ricketts who has "depression" issues. The others are way ahead of him. Bet he ends up a Raven.

Real Deal Steel
04-24-2011, 11:40 AM
All the more reason that if they decide they don't want Sweed, send him to the Rams for a 7th round pick. Get something for him.

steelspikes
05-01-2011, 01:28 PM
K Train: Who is TC? Draft seems to say staff willing to give Limas another shot. Offense could surely benefit from a big wideout.