PDA

View Full Version : breaking news from TCU marcus cannon does not have cancer

connecticutsteel
04-14-2011, 05:55 PM
marcus cannon does not have cancer:cope::cope:tony paulino from SI has confirmed from tcu that the cancer rumor is untrue

andyg1984
04-14-2011, 08:44 PM
good .. cannon would be insane next to pouncey .. heck, he might still be able to play rt

K Train
04-14-2011, 11:32 PM
cannon is RT for us if we draft him, not RG

andyg1984
04-14-2011, 11:45 PM
in 2011?

Rampage
04-15-2011, 12:38 PM
I never heard that he did have cancer, but good news, nonetheless.

K Train
04-15-2011, 03:09 PM
It was leaked yesterday on twitter before Marcus even knew about the rumor. A journalist said he heard from a "source" marcus had testicular cancer and it turned out to be completely false according to TCU, marcus, and NFL doctors

SteelDad
04-15-2011, 03:16 PM
SI's Don Banks has us taking him in Round 1. First of all, very happy to hear the young man is healthy but is he worthy of going in the 1st? I also saw the Banks had Cam Heyward going to the Pack at 32. I have to believe if Heyward is there we'll take him.

K Train
04-15-2011, 03:27 PM
i do believe he is a top 10 senior talent

that being said im not sure how i feel about him at 31, he would be a STEAL in round 2 and while RT is a need for us i cant help but think theres gonna be a better dlineman or DB on the board that would be a better value.

I do not like him as a guard...people his his size as 6-5 350 and they think well hes to fat to play outside and slap him with the guard label....but imo he lacks the attitude and aggressiveness to play guard, he is a very powerful man but he doesnt play as powerful as he tests....he lacks mobility to pull and get to the second level.

however, he is extremely light on his feet, carries his 350 pounds incredibly well, and has a great punch to go along with his abnormally wide frame...sounds like the perfect RT to me.

i would be uneasy with him at 31, but still excited about his potential, would REALLY like to see a move made for curtis brown in the second though if this happens

V_83
04-27-2011, 11:25 AM
Not that I want this to be true, but according to ESPN he actually does, although it is treatable.

TCU offensive lineman Marcus Cannon has a treatable form of lymphoma that was discovered in the run-up to the NFL draft, sources tell ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

According to multiple media reports, Cannon was diagnosed with a benign growth in his groin area over four years ago, but physicals for the draft revealed that it had grown. A biopsy and further tests revealed that the 6-foot-6, 350-pound senior has non-Hodgkin lymphoma.

Cannon's representatives have released a medical report to all 32 NFL teams, sources told Schefter.

Cannon will begin chemotherapy Wednesday and will have three more treatments over the next three months. Because of his age and health, Cannon faces a success rate for beating the cancer of more than 90 percent.

The NFL draft begins Thursday, and ESPN's Todd McShay has Cannon ranked as the 11th best offensive lineman in the nation.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/news/story?id=6432659

K Train
04-27-2011, 11:30 AM
hes likely more of a 5th-6th round guy....3 months of chemo could take care of what he has but his rookie year would be a wash and theres no guarantee hed ever be the same.

im pulling for him, its really a shame

Rampage
04-27-2011, 11:44 AM
Mario Lemieux had the same thing and was able to battle back. His chances for survival are excellent; however, you have to wonder about his ability to play after this. He should be able to battle back, but with chemo, I highly doubt he will be able to maintain his body weight/muscle mass going into training camp.

Hopefully he pulls through and gets back in shape quickly.

JollyRob68
04-27-2011, 09:58 PM
Mario Lemieux had the same thing and was able to battle back. His chances for survival are excellent; however, you have to wonder about his ability to play after this. He should be able to battle back, but with chemo, I highly doubt he will be able to maintain his body weight/muscle mass going into training camp.

Hopefully he pulls through and gets back in shape quickly.

I think He'll bounce back and I'd take him in the 4th/5th. If you want to groom him as a
RT that works because Flozells coming back & you can put him on PUP list. Then they can draft a G/T earlier or later. They can Still draft Willie Smith,Jarriel King,Keith Williams, or MIke Huey.

If The Steelers trade out of the first with SAn fran they'll get a 2nd & two 4th rounders. I believe a lot of good talent is going to fall into the 4th. We can also move up with Philly and get their #23, TWo 4ths #103 & #119 for our 31,63,159(5th).

BlacknGold Bleeder
04-28-2011, 12:33 AM
Mario had Hodgkin disease, it is a different kind of cancer. That being said Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma is very treatable when caught early, I know from first hand experience. Besides the chemo ,if he receives the same kind of treatment as me, he will probably undergo some radiation therapy also. Caught in the early stages this is a very treatable form of cancer ,and with him being young and in such good shape I would say his prognosis is very good !! Good luck with your treatment Marcus !!