PDA

View Full Version : 49ers interested in Dennis Dixon?

BlitzburghRockCity
04-11-2011, 05:00 PM
http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/04/10/qb-dixon-could-be-intriguing-to-49ers

Following are whispers we've been hearing from around the league:
We hear another potential free-agent quarterback who might appeal to the 49ers is the Steelers' Dennis Dixon, who could be a restricted free agent if league rules revert back to the last Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Depending on how things work out with the courts in the coming weeks/months, Dixon who is/was technially an RFA before the CBA expired would be available if the Steelers wanted to let him go for their 5th round pick compensation.

I would say at this point they would be inclined to keep Dixon around unless Leftwich wanted to commit long term to being the backup and then bring Batch back for another year as the 3rd string.

It's not like Ben is in the twilight of his career or anything so it's not imperative to groom the future Steelers QB for a long time yet.

DanRooney
04-11-2011, 05:44 PM
lmao. Dixon is no better than a 3rd string QB on any good team and maybe a 2nd string on the 49ers. He is a really terrible quarterback who's not the brightest and has poor mechanics.

I'll definitely take a 5th round pick for him.

coldrolled
04-11-2011, 06:04 PM
lmao. Dixon is no better than a 3rd string QB on any good team and maybe a 2nd string on the 49ers. He is a really terrible quarterback who's not the brightest and has poor mechanics.

I'll definitely take a 5th round pick for him.

Our offenses blitz stategy needs a 250lb qb... we have almost zero short outlet plays, quick slants, rb's as outlet receviers, or do we allow the qb to run the play action often with 5 and 4 wide, and actually run on his own as a planned play very often, except for running for his own life...

Dixon would be fine in another offensive scheme. not ours. get a 3rd round for him.

we need john skelton as a backup.. another 245lb 6'6' qb that can take abuse...

if we didnt have ben's size and strength, we would be picking draft picks with cleveland.
because ben would be sidelined 8 games a year and we would be losing..

go arians... :popcorn:

oh i forgot, arians said dixon will get broke in half, he already knew his offense and game plan would kill dixon... :lol:

DanRooney
04-11-2011, 06:19 PM
Keep in mind Dixon was barely touched under center. He just didn't have the ability to deliver the ball outside the hash marks. Every ball thrown around the sidelines was underthrown or almost intercepted. He can't read defenses either. No way in hell we get a 3rd round for him unless Dan Snyder falls in love with him.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-11-2011, 09:02 PM
I think this depends greatly on if they can make sure that Leftwich wants to stick around. If he does then I wouldn't have a problem letting him go either. If he doesn't though I don't want to rely totally on Batch as the main backup. He did well last year in his games but he can't stay healthy long term.

connecticutsteel
04-12-2011, 01:29 AM
I think this depends greatly on if they can make sure that Leftwich wants to stick around. If he does then I wouldn't have a problem letting him go either. If he doesn't though I don't want to rely totally on Batch as the main backup. He did well last year in his games but he can't stay healthy long term.

i say we take dalton in this draft and keep batch on as an back up /mentor for andy and unload everybody else leftwich is no good unless he has max protection

Zachintosh66
04-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Dixon will never start here unless Ben goes down for good... even then Dixon wouldn't be "the answer"

So get what you can for him... Let him get his opportunity somewhere, bc its not here

LatrobePA
04-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Dixon could and did win games for this team, even more so if he was used properly. I could see him going to a team and trying out for a starting role...

coldrolled
04-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Dixon could and did win games for this team, even more so if he was used properly. I could see him going to a team and trying out for a starting role...

as long as arians is here we will have stalled engines all over this offense.

K Train
04-12-2011, 02:32 PM
he has little value, maybe a 5th....he needs to show more ability whether it be throwing or running people need to see him being a dynamic player, something that he is not at this point.

he probably has more upside than troy smith, so who knows

Callax
04-12-2011, 02:39 PM
Dixon is going to be a good QB
He won't dowell with our OL.
You need a big stout hardy QB that can take plenty of hits
SF wants to run,run, run the ball and have a QB not lose the game

offer Dixon for a 3rd round IF Leftwich and Batch want to stick around...

DanRooney
04-12-2011, 05:00 PM
*shakes head*

We traded Santonio Holmes for a 5th round pick. Do you really think Dennis Dixon is worth more to any team...even SF? He stinks. Him not looking good at all wasn't due to our offensive line. They did a VERY good job in the first two games he started in.

Rampage
04-12-2011, 05:39 PM
I think Dixon has potential, I just dislike his build. While the light, shifty physique works well in college, he just doesn't seem to have any durability in the NFL.

andyg1984
04-12-2011, 06:27 PM
dixon had more value last year after he faked his way through a game playing QB in '09 .. if someone offers us a fifth we better take it ..

Zachintosh66
04-12-2011, 08:47 PM
We traded Santonio Holmes for a 5th round pick. Do you really think Dennis Dixon is worth more to any team...even SF?

Holmes has all the talent in the world but is a cancer and a bum... even the Jets would rather take a run at old *** Randy Moss instead of locking up Holmes for the future...

LatrobePA
04-12-2011, 10:11 PM
Tone isn't done getting in trouble IMO...That was the right move, but seemed stupid at the time!

DanRooney
04-12-2011, 10:42 PM
You can say all you want about Tone. But imagine if we would have had him on our team during the Super Bowl. After Emmanuel Sanders went down, our options were Mike Wallace and Randle El. If he was still on our roster I'm sure we're looking at a 7th trophy.

steeldoc
04-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Average at best plus his teeth are too crooked to look like a real starting qb. Who cares if he goes. Ben will play every snap under center unless he goes down, and the Steelers have plenty of other options.:lol::lol::lol:

LatrobePA
04-12-2011, 11:56 PM
You can say all you want about Tone. But imagine if we would have had him on our team during the Super Bowl. After Emmanuel Sanders went down, our options were Mike Wallace and Randle El. If he was still on our roster I'm sure we're looking at a 7th trophy.

I agree 10000%, we missed him...He was a Raven killer! There were many games I thought man this guy would be killing it!