PDA

View Full Version : Trade up for Pouncey?

Phdboy2020
03-31-2011, 10:58 PM
What are you guys' thoughts on trading our 1st and possible 2nd round picks this year to move up to get Pouncey, then take a corner or NT in the 3rd and 4th rounds. I think we could get good corners in the 3rd round who can contribute in a couple of years. Either way, hopefully we come out of the draft this year with a shutdown corner, replacement for Hampton, and another end to replace Keisel, in addition to another O-lineman. Thoughts?

andyg1984
03-31-2011, 11:45 PM
he is not good enough to trade up for imo .. if we trade up for OL i vote carimi or sherrod .. but if we can stay put and come away with a solid DB or heyward i am all for it ..

K Train
04-01-2011, 10:10 AM
i dont like sherrod anymore, especially for us. carimi i love.

i think trading up for pouncey would be foolish, especially if it cost a first and a second. i love him, i think hed be an amazing adition to the team but he really isnt the type of guard that gets rarely coveted in the first round.

Zachintosh66
04-01-2011, 12:05 PM
no trading up... plenty of talent still at 31... BPA!

K Train
04-01-2011, 12:20 PM
i would trade up for amukamara, thats about it...this is one of the few years id actually be in favor of a trade down

Deviouz1
04-01-2011, 12:31 PM
i wouldnt necessarily be upset with trading up depending on which picks were traded. a 2nd and 3rd or 2nd and 4th would be acceptable. would give us a chance to get pouncey and the BPA corner which would shore up our two weakest positions. i hear miami is quasi shopping for trades @ #15, that could open up even more interesting possibilities. it isnt a lock that prince is gone in the top 10, should he fall to 15 i would be more than happy to take him and heyward in the first. and even if he is gone would anyone object to a possible cam jordan+heyward set of picks? or solder+heyward? how about jimmy smith + heyward?

the possibilities are very tempting especially if we bite the bullet and get a FA CB like J.Joseph or Cromartie and can therefore concentrate on linemen.

andyg1984
04-01-2011, 11:02 PM
i dont like sherrod anymore, especially for us. carimi i love.

i think trading up for pouncey would be foolish, especially if it cost a first and a second. i love him, i think hed be an amazing adition to the team but he really isnt the type of guard that gets rarely coveted in the first round.

carimi is the most draftable OL for us imo and i think he is the best in the class even if he ends up at RT.. i am tempted to still put sherrod ahead of castonzo,smith and solder simply because he looks like a more natural player but i can see why he might not be the best fit for us ...

Rampage
04-02-2011, 12:32 AM
I would really like Pouncey, but I would not trade up for him.

nuclearchihuahuas
04-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Would love to have Pouncey, but also do not believe he will be available and do not think it wise to trade up. I think sitting at 31 is the best course of action. This draft class isn't the strongest (except maybe for D-line) so taking the best player available at 31 may be the way to go

Zachintosh66
04-02-2011, 12:08 PM
i think its funny, that just cause we got his brother and hes gonna be an all pro, that now people are foaming at the mouth for his younger brother to join him in the 'burgh... will never happen

JensK
04-02-2011, 12:45 PM
i think its funny, that just cause we got his brother and hes gonna be an all pro, that now people are foaming at the mouth for his younger brother to join him in the 'burgh... will never happen

Why not? plenty of things point in the direction of Pouncey landing in Pittsburgh:

1. Steelers have said they would like Pouncey if he is there.

2. Pouncey is a good player. He is not as good as his brother, but he would instantly be our second best lineman.

3. He could easily fall, as guards usually don't get picked very high.

Lots of coaches believe in blood. Same reason why Matthews brother will end up being a little overdrafted imo.

Phdboy2020
04-02-2011, 03:43 PM
I agree that while Mike may not be as polished as Maurkice that does not mean that he will not be a starter on our line for years. I think he is good enough as a guard that he would be an instant upgrade over our starters now. Plus he is versatile as is his brother. I think people forget that he is able to play more than one position. A lot of people have him projected as a guard but who's to say that he is not a great center. The last two guys we traded up for in the first round turned out well....or at least for a few years with Santonio.