PDA

View Full Version : Whiz is An Atlanta Guy

Steelerlyn
01-05-2007, 11:10 PM
He went to GA Tech and played for the Falcons and his family lives in Atlanta and he is going to interview for the job. Many similiarities to Cowher and Pittsburgh. We may be saying goodbye to Wiz and perhaps for the same reasons we said hello to Bill Cowher. :dunno:

:popcorn:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-05-2007, 11:34 PM
He went to GA Tech and played for the Falcons and his family lives in Atlanta and he is going to interview for the job. Many similiarities to Cowher and Pittsburgh. We may be saying goodbye to Wiz and perhaps for the same reasons we said hello to Bill Cowher. :dunno:

:popcorn:

Yes Whiz is a Atlanta guy but at the sametime all I have to say is Mike Vick and Arthur Blank. Vick is still a work in a progress as an NFL QB and really could be turning into a coach killer. As for Arthur Blank the Falcons owner that guy is almost as strange as Uncle Al in Oakland.lol

I think coaching in his hometown would be very attractive for Whiz. But in my opinion I think being the HC in Pittsburgh would be number one on his list. The Steelers have a ton of talent and the best ownership in the NFL. What else could a first time head coach ask for?

Steelerlyn
01-05-2007, 11:47 PM
Yes Whiz is a Atlanta guy but at the sametime all I have to say is Mike Vick and Arthur Blank. Vick is still a work in a progress as an NFL QB and really could be turning into a coach killer. As for Arthur Blank the Falcons owner that guy is almost as strange as Uncle Al in Oakland.lol

I think coaching in his hometown would be very attractive for Whiz. But in my opinion I think being the HC in Pittsburgh would be number one on his list. The Steelers have a ton of talent and the best ownership in the NFL. What else could a first time head coach ask for?

All good points!~

SteelCityMan786
01-05-2007, 11:48 PM
I say if Whiz wants to have a non coach killer QB as a head coach, I'd say stay in Pittsburgh and take the promotion.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-05-2007, 11:51 PM
I say if Whiz wants to have a non coach killer QB as a head coach, I'd say stay in Pittsburgh and take the promotion.

That AZ job could be attractive to Whiz with Leinart and those WR's. What you think SCM?

If the Steelers promote from within then I hope its Whiz over Grimm. Thats why I don't want Whiz to leave since in my opinion the Rooney's top two choices are Whiz and Grimm. For some reason I just think Whiz would make a better head coach.

House of Steel
01-05-2007, 11:54 PM
Grimm will get the job. I am pretty sure of this one.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-05-2007, 11:56 PM
Grimm will get the job. I am pretty sure of this one.

Care to state why you're so sure House? Just interested in your opinion bro.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-06-2007, 06:34 AM

:iagree: 100% Every assistant coach wants the chance to be an NFL head coach, but you have to be smart about it. Arthur Blank is a complete idiot and Vick is a headcase and inconsistent, still needing alot of work.

If Im Ken and the Steelers offer me the job, I jump on it in a heartbeat !

Blitzburgh55
01-06-2007, 09:39 AM
Well Whiz likes to do trick plays im sure he can think of alot of trick plys with Micheal Vick

House of Steel
01-06-2007, 09:45 AM
First off, Grimm is an offensive minded coach, Secondly, I am pretty darn certain he will keep the system intact. IN fact, Grimm wants to go back to the Power Running Football that the Steelers are known for and the winning forumla. He even said, more likely he would keep Dick LeBeau on board to run the Defense. I also believe the Rooneys are going to stay in the house to make the transistion a very smooth one as the players are recommending that the Rooneys stay in the house. I also believe speculation wise, 32, Whiz is being very tempted to take the Atlanta job being the fact that his family is there, he was a Falcon, and I am pretty darn sure with his tricky antics of playcalling, he could make Vick become one hell of a rushing guy. What I am concerned about, instead of making Vick the starting QB, why not shift him to Running Back where he could use his skills and talents the most??? Think about it, Whiz has to be tempted highly to take this job.

Ron Rivera is a 4-3 guy and a Cover 2 mastermind. There is no way the Rooneys will accept a system change. Kirk Ferentz, I believe he is happy in Iowa, I really don't sense him leaving for the Steelers. Mike Singletary, I am not sold on him, I don't have a clear indicator of his career as a coordinator, but you know the Rooneys will interview a few minority candidates as part of Dan Rooney's Rule.

I hope that sums it up, 32. I don't blame you for questioning me.

SteelCityMan786
01-06-2007, 11:48 AM
That AZ job could be attractive to Whiz with Leinart and those WR's. What you think SCM?

If the Steelers promote from within then I hope its Whiz over Grimm. Thats why I don't want Whiz to leave since in my opinion the Rooney's top two choices are Whiz and Grimm. For some reason I just think Whiz would make a better head coach.

Well hear is the thing. I don't think they'll be a competitor right away in the NFC West reguardless of who is coaching. Another thing is, I believe Whiz wants to be coaching a contender. The Steelers are a contender. So I think he'll stay put.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-06-2007, 12:21 PM
First off, Grimm is an offensive minded coach, Secondly, I am pretty darn certain he will keep the system intact. IN fact, Grimm wants to go back to the Power Running Football that the Steelers are known for and the winning forumla. He even said, more likely he would keep Dick LeBeau on board to run the Defense. I also believe the Rooneys are going to stay in the house to make the transistion a very smooth one as the players are recommending that the Rooneys stay in the house. I also believe speculation wise, 32, Whiz is being very tempted to take the Atlanta job being the fact that his family is there, he was a Falcon, and I am pretty darn sure with his tricky antics of playcalling, he could make Vick become one hell of a rushing guy. What I am concerned about, instead of making Vick the starting QB, why not shift him to Running Back where he could use his skills and talents the most??? Think about it, Whiz has to be tempted highly to take this job.

Ron Rivera is a 4-3 guy and a Cover 2 mastermind. There is no way the Rooneys will accept a system change. Kirk Ferentz, I believe he is happy in Iowa, I really don't sense him leaving for the Steelers. Mike Singletary, I am not sold on him, I don't have a clear indicator of his career as a coordinator, but you know the Rooneys will interview a few minority candidates as part of Dan Rooney's Rule.

House you're crazy dude. I wasn't questioning you. Just interested in your opinion which I stated bro.

BlitzburghNation
01-06-2007, 08:02 PM
Great Points,,,,,,,,,,,,I still have a feeling it's gonna be Whiz !

Koopa
01-06-2007, 08:14 PM

and how do you expect to be a power running team with willie??? we will never be a power back team again, we may run a lot, but the power game is over in the steel city

also we never won a damn thing with the power running, it wasn't until we finally opened **** up through the air is when we finally got over the hump and won it all.....all our failures in the past was cowhers refusal to change his power running game plan when it was obviously not working

and stuff i've read on grimm, he is not a offensive minded coach, he is a coach like cowher, defense first, and that never wins you anything when you don't have a good offense

grimm will not be a good head coach, he will fail if he goes to any team, the steelers are good enough to make him look good, but what's gonna happen when this team is getting split up??? can you say tampa bay??

i'd rather have rivera, you say he's a 4-3 guy, but he's not stupid, he'll keep dick on his staff and he and dick will make this defense better, we'll have one hell of a 3-4 defense with him.....and on offense it might be nice to see a change with a totally new coach

and if whiz is our head coach i'd like that a lot too, he has a good relationship with ben, and he's the reason we won it all last year

so whiz or rivera should get the job, or someone other then grimm, that andy reid looking mother****er will not succeed as a head coach in this league

also, rivera is hispanic, so there's your minority

Friday133
01-06-2007, 09:13 PM
i just love how everyone knows how the rooney's hire coaches. they've done it TWICE in the last 38 years. who knows what they are going to do. but if they do hold to what they've done it will be a young assistant coach OUTSIDE of the organization.

Koopa
01-06-2007, 09:20 PM
i just love how everyone knows how the rooney's hire coaches. they've done it TWICE in the last 38 years. who knows what they are going to do. but if they do hold to what they've done it will be a young assistant coach OUTSIDE of the organization.

if not whiz, i hope they do it this way, lets get a high school coach lol

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Steelers got permisson to interview Mike Tomlin

Koopa
01-06-2007, 09:23 PM
who is he???

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-06-2007, 09:25 PM
African American, defensive cordinator of the vikings

House of Steel
01-06-2007, 09:26 PM
HE SUCKS KOOPA!!! They will interview him and pass on him. Believe me.

Koopa
01-06-2007, 09:27 PM
African American, defensive cordinator of the vikings

lol @ african american, all politically correct and ****.....i just looked him up, he's in his 30s, that would be tight, get another young coach and have him for 15 years lol

Koopa
01-06-2007, 09:28 PM

says the guy that wants grimm as the head coach lol

Black@Gold Forever32
01-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Keep in mind Rivera and Tomlin are 4-3/cover2 guys. The Steelers are build for the 3-4 and have LeBeau. Those two might want to switch to their style of defense and ditch LeBeau. Which I don't see happening. Now if one those guys would be willing to stick with the 3-4 and LeBeau then no problem.

Koopa
01-06-2007, 09:37 PM
i don't even give a **** anymore, just as long as it isn't that fat *** andy reid looking mother****a lol

Black@Gold Forever32
01-06-2007, 10:14 PM
i don't even give a **** anymore, just as long as it isn't that fat *** andy reid looking mother****a lol

:bluelol: koop you're crazy man. You crack me up man. I'm glad your back. I don't want Grimm either. I want Whiz if the Rooney's go within the organization. I wouldn't mind Rivera or Tomlin just as long as they stayed with the 3-4 and kept LeBeau. Not that I would against going to the 4-3 one day. But it would take a couple seasons to get the right players to run the 4-3. So whoever the next coach is needs to keep the 3-4.

Koopa
01-06-2007, 11:22 PM
lol, yeah i don't want to switch either, i've always liked the 3-4......and i'm sure during these interviews, that the rooneys are saying that you gotta keep dick on the staff

Friday133
01-07-2007, 10:47 AM

since you know so much on what the steelers are going to do, maybe you should send your resume over to the steelers complex.:rolleyes:

House of Steel
01-07-2007, 10:49 AM
ROTFLMAO, like the Rooneys would give a damn, although, I wonder if I would fall into the Rooney's Rule as a disabled coach.

Koopa
01-07-2007, 01:23 PM
you wouldn't make a good coach either, players wouldn't listen to a disabled coach as you put it, a monkey would do better lol

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-07-2007, 01:37 PM
you wouldn't make a good coach either, players wouldn't listen to a disabled coach as you put it, a monkey would do better lol

No one listens to Koopa either. :lol:

House of Steel
01-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Who the **** asked you for your opinon, you damn burrito? :bigfinger:

I have coached before in small town football leagues 7-8-9 years old. I have done 13-14 year old coaching leagues. I know what the hell I am doing. The kids always listen to me and they do a fantastic job.

Koopa
01-07-2007, 03:56 PM
owa, this dude bringing racist jokes, maybe i should break out the handicap jokes

coaching little kids isn't the same as coaching men......and you sure do have a lot of stories, first your a football player for toledo, now your a coach, then this and then that..... damn i smell something, it smells like a load of bullshit

House of Steel
01-07-2007, 03:57 PM
I don't have stories, pal. I have facts.

Koopa
01-07-2007, 03:58 PM
i still smell it, damn that bullshit is strong........

House of Steel
01-07-2007, 03:59 PM
call me a bullshitter, HOW ABOUT GETTING BACK ON THE TITLE. I am not a racist either. Sorry for the burrito comment.

Koopa
01-07-2007, 04:02 PM
hey you had two post calling me a burrito but you edited one of them.......i'm just going by the way you've come at me since i've said i was half mexican in that thread

anyway, i hope whiz is our head coach in the end, but i've only been kidding about russ grimm, i wouldn't really mind him as the head coach, i read he wanted to make good changes to the line but cowher wouldn't let him, so i know russ grimm will make the line better to help ben out, and he knows the offense and defense, i'm sure he'll get a good offensive coordinator to do good stuff with our offense

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-07-2007, 04:03 PM
owa, this dude bringing racist jokes, maybe i should break out the handicap jokes

That was far from a racist joke.

House of Steel
01-07-2007, 04:06 PM
Koopa, it was a joke. I never, ever go to a racist side EVER!!!! Please, I mean it, I never intended to put a bad racist comment to that. I've heard a lot worse, Koopa. Seriously, I care about everyone here and would never intend to hurt anyone. If you take this seriously, you got a problem.

Koopa
01-07-2007, 04:06 PM
That was far from a racist joke.

he's calling me a burrito, why would he call me that??? he's calling me it cause i'm half mexican....

Koopa, it was a joke. I never, ever go to a racist side EVER!!!! Please, I mean it, I never intended to put a bad racist comment to that. I've heard a lot worse, Koopa. Seriously, I care about everyone here and would never intend to hurt anyone. If you take this seriously, you got a problem.

you still said it....you've never called me a burrito before....you just started doing it after my post saying i am half mexican

House of Steel
01-07-2007, 04:09 PM
Oh My God. Koopa are you serious? My God, I didn't mean it that way? Damn, grow a brain and chill out.

Hburg
01-07-2007, 04:11 PM
From inside the organization I would rather see Whiz than Grimm step up to the HC position. My reason behind this is because of Whiz's ability to keep a defense guessing. Pittsburgh is known for their running game. That running game did take a shot to the arm with the loss of a reliable back like Bettis and even with Willie as a good rusher and starter we've seen multiple times this season that he is not the power back we want in a 3rd and goal on the 2 situation. When Whiz really opened up the passing game just a lil last year it had extraordinary success as most defenses weren't used to seeing Pittsburgh go to the air to make major offensive strides. Whiz looks to be able to balance the offense slightly yet still keep the reputation of Pittsburgh as a running team intact and keep defenses guessing. With Willie and Najeh plus the addition of a power running back picked up either the draft of free agency the running game will be set. I'm not guaranteeing immediate success if that happens, the Offensive Line needs to be kicked into shape so that the backs can get some holes to run through. If Ben can be kept safe and healthy this entire off-season I believe he can come back like the Ben we saw in his super bowl season. With Ward+Holmes+Washington+Reid there is already four good receivers that can become a scary possibility for the deep ball plus Miller at TE for the short gains. Right there is already a good foundation for a scary offense and that is not counting the possibilities already there for the gadget plays the Whiz loves so much.

On the defensive side the 3-4 is Blitzburgh and should not be changed even with the only mediocre success it achieved this year. The Steelers defense's strength comes from a strong blitz that prevents the formation of a clean pocket for the quarterback and allowing him the time to get eyes downfield and make a good pass. Dick LeBeau is a master at this scheme and one fluke year of unsuccessful use of the scheme is not enough in my mind to order a revision and risk losing what is on the verge of perfection. The Defensive line should be ready to be mixed up and have players fighting for that top position. The Secondary for the first time I can remember in a while has the potential to become the brick wall behind the Steel Curtain. With Polomalu healthy opposite Anthony Smith it will be pickfest 07 in the flat and with McFadden, Townsend, and Taylor the corners can be covered.

If Whiz wants to play the kind of offense he is strong at he would have a better chance in Arizona than in Atlanta. Leinart and the Cardinals' receiver core is much stronger than Vick and the Falcons receiver core. Vick relied too much on his legs for too long and now is getting too old to really be able to relearn his game in being able to pass and pass consistently. This situation is only worsened by the poor Falcon receivers who seem to wash their hands in melted butter before taking the field. Whiz is a more vertically minded coach on offense and Atlanta's offense is too one dimensional at this point to have much success unless it is reshaped. The Falcons organization is too impatient to allow that to happen and the owner holds too tightly to Vick....which not only feeds into Vick's ego of actually being the quarterback to get it done but also hurts his chances of ever becoming a good quarterback by preventing him from starting over and gaining control of the passing game. The Cardinals need an offensive line right now but the Falcons have too many holes that need fixed and not enough patience to fix them.

Overall the Steelers and Steelers organization needs to not be afraid of change. Too much after last season was put into desperately trying maintain the same team that won the super bowl but not enough into being aggressive and attacking the next season with as much and in any way possible. Just like in the Korean War....you can't win if you just try to hold the line and stay in the same place...you got to keep moving forward in order to keep your competitor on the edge and surprised. It looked too much this year that other teams were learning how to rattle and shake and handle the Steelers on both sides of the ball and the Steelers seemed to welcome and allow it by remaining in a strategic rut. I'll even agree with Koop that I had much frustration with the offense and Cowher's play calling and lack of creativity in short run run pass plays that would often put them at 4th and 5 and punting the ball away. No matter who becomes the coach being aggressive and allowing change while respecting the good things that the organization has in place will at this point bring the most success for the Steelers.

BuFu

Koopa
01-07-2007, 04:13 PM
smh, you called me a burrito cause i'm half mexican....what other way did you mean it??? you've never called anyone else a burrito, and you've never called me a burrito before until after i posted that....so therefore you meant it the way i see it, you are just changing the way it means casue i scared you by acting like i cared....stop acting like a pussy lol, i don't care, but i sure did scare you lol

anyway, again let me attempt to bring this back......i want whiz as the head coach.......but i wouldn't mind grimm or rivera......i just like making fun of grimm cause he looks like andy reid

holy ****, bufu wrote a ****ing novel lol

Hburg
01-07-2007, 04:16 PM
holy ****, bufu wrote a ****ing novel lol

Yea....it took around two hours because I got interrupted halfway through to go help out my sister and her friend because their battery had died.....it is a lil long because I went way past the coaching aspect in breaking down teams....it was still incomplete to me but at that point I figured I can add anything I thought I missed later. :lol:

BuFu

Captcoolhand
01-07-2007, 04:21 PM
owa, this dude bringing racist jokes, maybe i should break out the handicap jokes It probably wouldn't bother him because he doesn't have a problemm cracking on other peoples Handicaps

coaching little kids isn't the same as coaching men......and you sure do have a lot of stories, first your a football player for toledo, now your a coach, then this and then that..... damn i smell something, it smells like a load of bullshit
I'm glad that I'm not the only one that notices this :yesnod: But then again I'm just an old drunk:blah: :blah: :blah:

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-07-2007, 04:24 PM
Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black.

House of Steel
01-07-2007, 04:25 PM
I'm glad that I'm not the only one that notices this :yesnod: But then again I'm just an old drunk:blah: :blah: :blah:

You don't want to go there, Capt. You know I got aresnal on your ***. Don't you ****ing play incident.

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-07-2007, 04:27 PM
Capt has to play innocent. You know he does not remember.

DIESELMAN
01-07-2007, 07:11 PM
I heard the Falcons were going to make a decision by as early as monday. Whiz has alreay interviewed with them BUT not with the Steelers yet.

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-07-2007, 07:35 PM
Whiz also interviewed with the dolphins last night. Went extremely well. From what I gather.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-07-2007, 07:41 PM
The Steelers won't make Whiz a quick offer just to snag him unless they feel that strongly that he should be the successor to Cowher. If he goes, then he won't have been the guy we really wanted.

Captcoolhand
01-07-2007, 07:43 PM
You don't want to go there, Capt. You know I got aresnal on your ***. Don't you ****ing play incident.
you got nothing on me:nono: You just think you do

Koopa
01-07-2007, 07:43 PM
if he goes, i hope he's a complete failure, and never gets a job again lol

Hburg
01-07-2007, 07:53 PM
if he goes, i hope he's a complete failure, and never gets a job again lol

How valiant! :lol:

BuFu