PDA

View Full Version : Help: Steelers Top Ten Plays Of 2010-2011 Regular Season

Phenomenal TJ
03-24-2011, 03:52 PM
Alright, I've narrowed it down to 13 plays, but need to cut it to 10.

So, if you'd be so kind as to tell me the three you'd cut out, I'd really appreciate it.

-Week One (Atlanta Falcons) Rashard Mendenhall scores on a 50 yard run in overtime.

-Week Two (Tennessee Titans) Antonio Brown scores on an 89 yard kick return on the opening play of the game, which also happens to be the first time he touches the ball in an NFL regular season game.

-Week Two (Tennessee Titans) Troy Polamalu hurdles the line, sacking Kerry Collins near the end zone.

-Week Two (Tennessee Titans) James Harrison and multiple other defenders add a little extra pepper to a sack of Vince Young.

-Week Three (Tampa Bay Buccaneers) DE Brett Keisel takes a tipped pass 79 yards to the house.

-Week Six (Cleveland Browns) Ben Roethlisberger throws a 29 yard touchdown to Mike Wallace - Roethlisberger's first since his suspension.

-Week 9 (Cincinnati Bengals) Antwaan Randle El takes the handoff and tosses a touchdown pass to Wallace.

-Week 9 (Cincinnati Bengals) William Gay flies in, untouched, to block a Bengals punt.

-Week 13 (Baltimore Ravens) Issac Redman score's the game winning touchdown after shaking three Baltimore defenders.

-Week 13 (Baltimore Ravens) Troy Polamalu sacks Joe Flacco, forcing the fumble, LaMarr Woodley recovers and the Steelers go on to win.

-Week 14 (Cincinnati Bengals) Polamalu intercepts Carson Palmer and takes it to the house.

-Week 14 (Cincinnati Bengals) Woodley intercepts Cason Palmer and also takes it to the house.

Zachintosh66
03-24-2011, 05:33 PM
take out:
-Week Two (Tennessee Titans) James Harrison and multiple other defenders add a little extra pepper to a sack of Vince Young.

-Week Two (Tennessee Titans) Troy Polamalu hurdles the line, sacking Kerry Collins near the end zone.

or keep them all and include them in honorable mention... just sayin

-Week Six (Cleveland Browns) Ben Roethlisberger throws a 29 yard touchdown to Mike Wallace - Roethlisberger's first since his suspension.

Deviouz1
03-24-2011, 07:37 PM
take out:

or keep them all and include them in honorable mention... just sayin

what he ^ said.

although i was rather fond of that sack. i was like

http://www.tonym302.com/uploads/MISC/Smiles/dayum.gif

Zachintosh66
03-24-2011, 07:56 PM
could keep the sack and get rid of the troy sack flacco, fumble recovery by wood

Phenomenal TJ
03-24-2011, 08:22 PM
Why get rid of the play the essentially sealed the AFC North title, though?

franchise3
03-24-2011, 09:06 PM
Take out:

Week 14 (Cincinnati Bengals) Woodley intercepts Cason Palmer and also takes it to the house.

Week Two (Tennessee Titans) James Harrison and multiple other defenders add a little extra pepper to a sack of Vince Young.

Week 9 (Cincinnati Bengals) William Gay flies in, untouched, to block a Bengals punt.

Zachintosh66
03-24-2011, 09:09 PM
but that was the first blocked punt in how long?

franchise3
03-24-2011, 09:14 PM
but that was the first blocked punt in how long?

For me, the play has to be important to be on the top 10 list. Blocked punt at 7-0 lead in the 1st quarter of the regular season game is not that important.

Templar72
03-24-2011, 10:38 PM
how bout a short clip of each, then make it into a full clip of the top ten ?

BlitzburghRockCity
03-25-2011, 09:16 AM

As much as I love the play where Aaron Smith and James Harrison planted Vince Young into the turf, it wasn't really a game changer, huge type of play. It was awesome to watch and proved the dominance we had in that game but not one that we couldn't have won the game with.

I'd probably say take out the Troy hurdle sack of Collins vs the Titans too. Again, one of the coolest plays to watch ever! Troy was absolutely amazing and that play spurred several others just like during the year.

The only reason I'd say take those 2 out again is because they weren't game changing, monumental plays. Just a pure highlight reel though, both of them are in.

Speeed
03-25-2011, 06:23 PM
For me, the play has to be important to be on the top 10 list. Blocked punt at 7-0 lead in the 1st quarter of the regular season game is not that important.

When Ben ain't in as quarterback it is! Every inch of turf counted in the first 4 games. I like the forced Flacco fumble by Troy as #1. If you had my in-laws, that would be your favorite too!

Steel Trap86
03-25-2011, 06:48 PM
Just a few that came to mind

Week 2 @ Titans - Brown's 98 kickoff return on the first play of the game. Steelers hadn't returned a kick for TD since 2006.

Polamolu's pick 6 on Palmer, Superman sack on Kerry Collins & Strip sack on Flacco.

Ben's 50 yarder to Wallace vs, the Bucs

Phenomenal TJ
03-25-2011, 07:52 PM
In a season full of both highs and lows, there was never a question of whether or not the players would actually show up to play. Or whether they would play down to the level of their competition, as they had a nasty habit of doing in the previous season. They would always go out and leave it all on the field.

Today, we’re going to remember that by taking a look at the top 10 plays of 2010-2011.
http://www.steelerschronicle.com/2011/03/pittsburgh-steelers-top-10-plays-of-2010.html/

Zachintosh66
03-25-2011, 10:10 PM
the importance of #1 over-shaddowed the actual play itself... just being honest

who needs OL when you can run behind 2 TEs and a WR (refering to Mendys OT run)

i also forgot how sweet Redmans route, catch and run was!

and maybe its bc i was a lineman, that i might be a little biased, but i cant help but think BKs return should be ranked higher, makes me chuckle when big boys score :lol:

franchise3
03-26-2011, 12:07 AM
When Ben ain't in as quarterback it is! Every inch of turf counted in the first 4 games.

The play is from week 9. Ben was QB.

Callax
03-26-2011, 01:07 AM
There only 12 plays listed, so I would remove:

1) -Week Six (Cleveland Browns) Ben Roethlisberger throws a 29 yard touchdown to Mike Wallace - Roethlisberger's first since his suspension.

I HATE TO REMOVE THIS BUT.....

2) -Week Two (Tennessee Titans) James Harrison and multiple other defenders add a little extra pepper to a sack of Vince Young.

Phenomenal TJ
03-26-2011, 01:16 AM
Yeah, originally I had 13, but cut one out before posting and apparently didn't realize it, lmao.

Speeed
03-26-2011, 04:10 PM
The play is from week 9. Ben was QB.

I knew that - to be more specific, I meant throughout the entire year. There were not throw away games!

I remember on the game winning touchdown after that play when we had possession:

Ray Lewis tried to make the tackle (I think he tried to strip the ball instead) got knocked on has ***, and watched the TD from his hands and knees a scant 5 yards away. That was sweet!

Phenomenal TJ
03-26-2011, 05:13 PM
Isaac Redman earned his paycheck for the entire year on a single play, lol.