PDA

View Full Version : With the 31st pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Steelers select...

DFlo
03-23-2011, 11:13 AM
Hey guys,

I'm running an interactive mock draft with the fan forums of all NFL teams where the fans get to vote and make the pick for their respective team.

So far the fans have voted:
Carolina - Fairley
Denver - Dareus
Buffalo - Newton
Cincinnati - Green
Arizona - Bowers
Cleveland - Peterson
San Francisco - Von Miller
Tennessee - Blaine Gabbert
Cowboys - Prince Amukamara
Redskins - Julio Jones
Texans - Robert Quinn
Vikings - Ryan Mallett
Lions - Tyron Smith
Rams - Aldon Smith
Dolphins - Mark Ingram
Jaguars - Christian Ponder
Patriots - JJ Watt
Chargers - Cameron Jordan
Giants - Anthony Castonzo
Bucs - Ryan Kerrigan
Chiefs - Phil Taylor
Colts - Derek Sherrod
Eagles - Gabe Carimi
Saints - Cameron Heyward
Seahawks - Mike Pouncey
Ravens - Jimmy Smith
Falcons - Brandon Harris
Patriots - Muhammad Wilkerson
Bears - Corey Liuget
Jets - Justin Houston
Steelers - ???

You can vote for the player you want the Steelers to select in this poll:

Interactive Mock Draft Poll (http://www.footballdraftnotebook.com/interactivemock)

Also, if you write a short 3-sentence description as to why this player should be drafted in this thread, I will pick out the best write-up and post it in the mock draft section along with your name!

***Also for mods, I hope you don't see this as spam. I am just trying to get the right fans to vote for their team, so we get the right mock draft. If you have any problems, please let me know.

DFlo
03-23-2011, 02:53 PM
So far Solder is in the lead with 13 votes, followed by Aaron Williams at 9 votes.

andyg1984
03-23-2011, 04:14 PM
no thx on solder

Rampage
03-23-2011, 06:48 PM
no thx on solder

+1

Of those two, I would go with Aaron Williams. Maybe go after Danny Watkins (G).

Preferably, I would trade out of 31 if the board was that barren.

andyg1984
03-23-2011, 07:38 PM
yeah, i voted for williams and agree about trading out ..

JensK
03-23-2011, 08:04 PM
+1

Of those two, I would go with Aaron Williams. Maybe go after Danny Watkins (G).

Preferably, I would trade out of 31 if the board was that barren.

A 27 year old in the first round? No thank you. I like Watkins a lot, but he is simply too old to go in the first round, and I highly doubt that anyone will take a chance on him in the second either.

Rampage
03-23-2011, 08:23 PM
A 27 year old in the first round? No thank you. I like Watkins a lot, but he is simply too old to go in the first round, and I highly doubt that anyone will take a chance on him in the second either.

I was unaware of the fact that he was 27. In that case, no thanks. He'd be 30 before the Steelers would let him start.

andyg1984
03-23-2011, 11:06 PM
imo he would start day one and i think he will be gone by mid 3rd

DFlo
03-23-2011, 11:28 PM
Going to let it run overnight and tabulate the results in the morning.

So far Nate Solder leads with 20 votes, Aaron Williams in 2nd place with 16, and Marcus Cannon in 3rd place with 8 votes.

Keep voting guys!

DFlo
03-24-2011, 10:26 AM
Hey guys,

The results are updated! You can see who your team selected here:

Interactive Mock Draft Results
(http://www.footballdraftnotebook.com/fanmockresults)

You can see the voting breakdown in the Voting History tab!

And feel free to bookmark that page and continue voting guys - we do one team every day and the next one will start sometime soon! The Green Bay Packers are now OTC.

andyg1984
03-24-2011, 11:44 AM
recount!

JollyRob68
03-24-2011, 03:10 PM
Solder is a top 4 tackle and if you watched his pro day video you'd be happy with him. Plus he's a True Left Tackle. I wouldn't be upset. However I'd take Aaron Williams because he can play CB and then replace Ryan Clark at FS(if we dont resign IKE) or Replace Clark this year as we trade Clark to Arizona for a 3rd. I can see the Steelers taking Rahim Moore and if they did I'd know that Carnell Lake is going to Change The DB's for the better.
I think this years pick will be a surprise like Jacksonvilles last year. CURTIS BROWN TEXAS. It will be hard for them to not select Nate Solder. It will allow them to trade Max Starks saving money they can give to Woodley or FA Tyler Clabo.

--- Added 3/24/2011 at 02:10 PM ---

If we Resign Ike Taylor Move him to FS, Trade Clark to Arizona for a 3rd ( they'd want to give up a 4 or 5 but because of knowledge of LeBeaus System,Horton's DB scheme we want a 3rd). I'd even consider swapping 2nd rounders for Clark but the extra pick is better.
Then I'd know for sure they want CURTIS BROWN TEXAS in rd 1 or Steelers trade out of 1st into early 2nd then Select Brown & Cannon/Franklin/Ijalana.

$teelersRule
03-24-2011, 04:17 PM
Solder is a top 4 tackle and if you watched his pro day video you'd be happy with him. Plus he's a True Left Tackle. I wouldn't be upset. However I'd take Aaron Williams because he can play CB and then replace Ryan Clark at FS(if we dont resign IKE) or Replace Clark this year as we trade Clark to Arizona for a 3rd. I can see the Steelers taking Rahim Moore and if they did I'd know that Carnell Lake is going to Change The DB's for the better.
I think this years pick will be a surprise like Jacksonvilles last year. CURTIS BROWN TEXAS. It will be hard for them to not select Nate Solder. It will allow them to trade Max Starks saving money they can give to Woodley or FA Tyler Clabo.

--- Added 3/24/2011 at 02:10 PM ---

If we Resign Ike Taylor Move him to FS, Trade Clark to Arizona for a 3rd ( they'd want to give up a 4 or 5 but because of knowledge of LeBeaus System,Horton's DB scheme we want a 3rd). I'd even consider swapping 2nd rounders for Clark but the extra pick is better.
Then I'd know for sure they want CURTIS BROWN TEXAS in rd 1 or Steelers trade out of 1st into early 2nd then Select Brown & Cannon/Franklin/Ijalana.

why would you want to weaken two positions by moving Ike to Free safety, a place he has never even attempted to play? then Ike's old spot is assumed by a rookie that is a crazy reach? both while still leaving the formerly two weakest places of our secondary unchanged with Bmac and Gay… that seems like the opposite of what i would want to do for just about EVERYTHING!

--- Added 3/24/2011 at 03:17 PM ---

what needs to happen is resign Ike and leave him where he has been our second best player in the secondary, dont fix what aint broken! Then draft best player available from OL, DL, CB, or maybe ILB. Plus let hope that one of the young guys in Lewis or Butler decide to step up because we cant continue to draft failures in the middle rounds at corner and just expect something different to happen. who knows maybe the CBA will get done and Lake will be able to work some magic with one of them?

Zachintosh66
03-24-2011, 04:29 PM
If we Resign Ike Taylor Move him to FS, Trade Clark to Arizona for a 3rd

Wow, really? :lol: Clark isnt worth a 5th... Move Ike, that makes sense considering hes our best CB hands down...

andyg1984
03-24-2011, 05:28 PM
yeah, ike stays at CB and we are not getting a 3rd for clark lol ..

as for solder, why do you mention his pro-day as a reason to like him? i see him as a guy who is going to struggle with the bull-rush as well as benders..

Zachintosh66
03-24-2011, 06:59 PM
no need for Steeler mocks this year...

just sit back order a pizza and enjoy watching football b/c this years pick is already in the bag...

BEST PLAYER AVAILIBLE, plain and simple...

JollyRob68
03-25-2011, 05:54 AM
no need for Steeler mocks this year...

just sit back order a pizza and enjoy watching football b/c this years pick is already in the bag...

BEST PLAYER AVAILIBLE, plain and simple...

If Solders there at 31 he would be BPA and I guess that will pissu people off.lol

--- Added 3/25/2011 at 04:54 AM ---

As far as moving Ike. He's 31 still has speed & knows the system. With a new DB coach I hope we'd have a change on the back end. Time for Lewis or Butler to step up,draft a cover corner who will get a real chance to Start. Move Bmac to nickel and bye bye to William Gay or vice versa

$teelersRule
03-25-2011, 09:40 AM
If Solders there at 31 he would be BPA and I guess that will pissu people off.lol

--- Added 3/25/2011 at 04:54 AM ---

As far as moving Ike. He's 31 still has speed & knows the system. With a new DB coach I hope we'd have a change on the back end. Time for Lewis or Butler to step up,draft a cover corner who will get a real chance to Start. Move Bmac to nickel and bye bye to William Gay or vice versa

That makes a little more sence but maybe switch Lewis to FS. If Ike is back he is entrenched as the starter at corner. I hope Butler is good... :crossfingers:

JollyRob68
03-25-2011, 11:56 AM
That makes a little more sence but maybe switch Lewis to FS. If Ike is back he is entrenched as the starter at corner. I hope Butler is good... :crossfingers:

Troy will trust Ike and so will LeBeau. I know IKE is our best Corner I just really what some new blood in the back part of that Defense. With Troy & Ike having The Safety spots lock down We start the youth movement.

We have Picked up Donovan Warren,Have Lewis & Butler, Mundy is good & Bmac is ok.
They need to decide if they want Bmac or are going to Resign William Gay. I think they like Gay Better and he's healthier.

DFlo
03-25-2011, 05:43 PM
Hi guys, the first round is now complete.

You can check out a little summary of the results here:

Interactive Mock Draft (http://www.footballdraftnotebook.com/interactivemock)

Click on the results tab to see who each team took and how the first round played out.

Also, I'm going to be running a new Interactive Mock starting Sunday, so feel free to bookmark the page and get ready to vote again if you are interested.

DFlo
03-27-2011, 08:11 PM
FYI, for those interested, Interactive Mock 2.0 is officially live and the Panthers are OTC.

You guys will be OTC in a few days, but in the meantime feel free to bookmark the page and vote daily for all the teams!

Also, if anyone is interested in providing some commentary and write about the team picks, let me know!

coldrolled
03-28-2011, 06:39 AM
So far Solder is in the lead with 13 votes, followed by Aaron Williams at 9 votes.

Rising
Curtis Brown, CB, Texas. Brown originally projected as a fourth- or fifth-round pick, but he has continued his steady rise. He has been helped by a strong performance at the Combine and scouts reevaluating on his play on film, making him rate better than fellow Longhorns cornerback Aaron Williams. Brown is looking more like a tough, competitive starter whose ball skills would enable him to be productive anywhere. He is reminiscent of another former Texas defensive back named Brown, the 49ers' Tarell Brown.

Chris Conte, S, California. It was easy to see that Conte was highly productive in college because of his intelligence and physical style, but there was some worry about his limited athleticism. He proved, however, that those concerns were unwarranted, both at the Combine and at Cal's pro day. He has many of the tools to become a solid defensive starter who also contributes heavily on special teams, making him an intriguing third- or fourth-round pick.

Phil Taylor, DT, Baylor. Taylor went into 2010 viewed as an underachiever because he reportedly played at more than 390 pounds in 2009. After losing more than 50 pounds, however, he has shown the agility and quick feet to make it as a strong NFL nose tackle. If he always had been at the lighter weight and wasn't once dismissed from Penn State, he would be a sure first-rounder. Now that teams are meeting with Taylor and getting to know what he can do, he likely will go in either late Round 1 or early Round 2.

LatrobePA
03-29-2011, 03:45 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/03/29/steelers-look-to-austin-for-defensive-help/?module=HP_headlines

Phdboy2020
03-29-2011, 08:46 PM
I would really like a CB or DT/DE with our first round pick. I think that unless Mike Pouncey is there when we pick, there is no need to spend an early draft pick on the o-line. After all, we proved this year that we do not need great lineman to get to the big game. Plus, there are plenty of good lineman in the 3rd round or later.

andyg1984
03-29-2011, 11:05 PM
if carimi is there (which he wont be) he is the pick imo .. sherrod would also get a look too and i would guess he would get scooped based on the other available players at the time ..

guys like that are not around in the 3rd, some of the OG's (Cannon, Watkins) might be..