PDA

View Full Version : Cowher is a lock for the HOF

BlitzburghRockCity
01-05-2007, 07:24 PM
Now that he's retired, the man is a guaranteed Hall of Fame inductee, IMO. I heard a stat today that really makes you realize just how successful he was in the league. In the last 15 years, Bill Cowher and the Steelers have won more games than anybody in the league, period ! More than Dallas, San Francisco, New England, everybody. That's a stat that not everybody realizes is true.

10 playoff appearances, 2 SB appearances, 1 Super Bowl Win, and the 13th winningest coach in NFL history.

Blitzburgh55
01-05-2007, 07:25 PM
Now that he's retired, the man is a guaranteed Hall of Fame inductee, IMO. I heard a stat today that really makes you realize just how successful he was in the league. In the last 15 years, Bill Cowher and the Steelers have won more games than anybody in the league, period ! More than Dallas, San Francisco, New England, everybody. That's a stat that not everybody realizes is true.

Green Bay is sencond the steelers have had one more win then them

Black@Gold Forever32
01-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Well Bill Cowher won't be retired for long within a year or two he will be back along an NFL sideline somewhere.

As for the Hall of Fame. Hell yes Bill Cowher is a Hall of Famer. First ballot all the way.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Yeah I agree he won't stay retired long enough this time to get in, but once he does, he's a shoe in !

yeah blitz, I forgot about Green Bay being second, I knew it was somebody but I just couldnt remember :lol:

Captcoolhand
01-05-2007, 07:34 PM
No Doubt, but wouldn't it be cool if BC and JB go in together, if Bill stays retired.:bigthumb:

Koopa
01-05-2007, 07:46 PM
he isn't retiered, he quit, he resigned.

and 1 super bowl with all those wins is crap, i'd rather be like the pats and suck and win 3 lol....

Black@Gold Forever32
01-05-2007, 07:58 PM
It would have been two if it wasn't for Neil O'Donnell choking and throwing Super Bowl XXX away. I know you're younger then me so that game might not stick out as much to you as did for those like me. But that game still stings and I hope Neil O'Donnell rots in hell.lol

Captcoolhand
01-05-2007, 08:11 PM
It would have been two if it wasn't for Neil O'Donnell choking and throwing Super Bowl XXX away. I know you're younger then me so that game might not stick out as much to you as did for those like me. But that game still stings and I hope Neil O'Donnell rots in hell.lol
I remember that game like it was yesterday:bigthumb: That win would of been a sweet achievement for Cowher. First 4-5 yrs coaching for the Steelers and take them to a SB win. Man, the memoreies.

AZ_Steeler
01-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Cowher will for sure be in the hall of fame and will more than likely be inducted as soon as he becomes eligible. 15 years with the same team, Super Bowls, AFCC games, playoof appearances :clap: He is/was a great coach!

House of Steel
01-05-2007, 09:24 PM
YOu got that right, Capt. It is a nice memory, but it sure sucked to lose that game.

Stairwayto7
01-06-2007, 02:41 PM
A lock for sure! Just might be awhile with him coming back next year