PDA

View Full Version : A beef to pick now that's it's offical....

LatrobePA
01-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Alright now we all know he's gone, does anyone feel he gave it half effort this season?? I'm sure I'll get lit up for this thread, but I can help it!!

We have all said it, this guy is diffrent this year, could it be:

1) Blow the season so he can get home quicker?
2) I don't care I'm planning on resigning??
3) Me (latrobe) don't know my *** from a hole in the ground??

All in all I and very sad to see him go, I loved what he has done for the great city of Pittsburg and the BEST blanken team in the world. I have just a hint of bad taste in my mouth!!

I'll be even more pissed if somehow Miami sways him to coach this season (it could happen)!! We all know he'll be back in 08' playing against us....Can you say browns??

Seacrest out!!

Steelersfan
01-05-2007, 05:52 PM
More than once this year I didn't think his heart was in it so on that I can agree with you. I don't blame the whole season on him though. The players are the ones who turned the ball over 3-4 times a game. I think that was a combination of Cowher not pushing the issue with his players as much as he usually did.

AZ_Steeler
01-05-2007, 05:56 PM
I think that was a combination of Cowher not pushing the issue with his players as much as he usually did.

His mind wasn't in it so the fundamentals were not being enforced in practice like they normally would be which is what lead to the massive amounts of turnovers and the players not being in the game mentally. Everything can't be put on Cowher's shoulders but 'it' does roll down hill and everything starts with the coach.

Koopa
01-05-2007, 05:58 PM
yeah, he didn't give a **** about us this year, sure he looked like it some games, but overall everytime i saw him on tv you could tell he wanted to be at home, and that is what f'ked us over in the end.......oh well, it was a good 15 year ride, time to move on and get a new guy for me to bash lol

Captcoolhand
01-05-2007, 05:58 PM
We get all of our coaches from the Browns:banging:
http://www.nfl.com/teams/coaching/PIT 6 out of 13 came from the Browns.
I can't see him going back:nono: :2cents:

House of Steel
01-05-2007, 06:00 PM
You mind telling me what the Browns have to do with the Steelers, Capt??? I am not getting you here.

AZ_Steeler
01-05-2007, 06:01 PM
He is saying that a lot of the Steelers coaches have come from the Browns. For example, Cowher was a player for the Browns and then he became the coach of the Steelers. Chuck Noll played for the Browns too.

Captcoolhand
01-05-2007, 06:06 PM
Alright now we all know he's gone, does anyone feel he gave it half effort this season?? I'm sure I'll get lit up for this thread, but I can help it!!

We have all said it, this guy is diffrent this year, could it be:

1) Blow the season so he can get home quicker?
2) I don't care I'm planning on resigning??
3) Me (latrobe) don't know my *** from a hole in the ground??

All in all I and very sad to see him go, I loved what he has done for the great city of Pittsburg and the BEST blanken team in the world. I have just a hint of bad taste in my mouth!!

I'll be even more pissed if somehow Miami sways him to coach this season (it could happen)!! We all know he'll be back in 08' playing against us....Can you say browns??

Seacrest out!!

You mind telling me what the Browns have to do with the Steelers, Capt??? I am not getting you here.
Did I miss something here or did i misunderstand Something:dunno:

He is saying that a lot of the Steelers coaches have come from the Browns. For example, Cowher was a player for the Browns and then he became the coach of the Steelers. Chuck Noll played for the Browns too.Thats AZ!:yesnod: Cowher was also a ST Coach for the Browns

LatrobePA
01-05-2007, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the replies guys!!

Captcoolhand
01-05-2007, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the replies guys!!
You were talking about the Browns right? :dunno:

House of Steel
01-05-2007, 06:36 PM
Sorry Capt. I get it now. Oh please I don't want anything from the shitters. PLEASE!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-05-2007, 06:38 PM
Latrobe, I was one of the first on this site questioning Cowher's heart being 100 percent into coaching this past season. I thinking I started talking about it as early as Sept if I recall correctly. I first had some doubt though back in training camp when I read that Cowher didn't run his typical camp. It was much more loose then years past and players had a more lack luster feel in camp was some of the reports I read.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-05-2007, 07:17 PM
BC did at times seem that he wasn't the same guy. The more I've thought about this, I don't question one bit his dedication to the team. I do think this year though he was just didn't have the fire anymore and that he needed a break more than he realized or let on.

LatrobePA
01-05-2007, 07:58 PM
He knew last Feb. that 06' was it I think. I don't want to bash him for this past year just due the the previous years where he rocked the joint!!

But damn, we all saw it!!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-05-2007, 08:21 PM
I think his fire and passion for the game and life in general may have clouded his realization that maybe he needs to step down, but just didn't want to come to grips with it for as long as he could off :dunno:

LatrobePA
01-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Agreed, but at this point the only one who would know is him and Dr.Phil!!

SteelerFan87
01-06-2007, 10:50 PM
Cowher won't be coaching in 07. First of all, I don't think he'd be able to turn his back on his hometown so soon. Second, any team that wants him would have to get the Steelers' permission/trade for him, and I don't see that happening.

As for his passion, I don't think it was as gone as people think. I mean, look at that last game against the bungles. He was running around, running onto the field to yell at Colon, the jaw was out and everything. Classic Cowher. I've heard that alot of the reason Cowher didn't seem as intense this year is because the cameras never showed him when he was acting like Cowher, and only showed him when he seemed calm or subdued.

SteelersWoman
01-07-2007, 02:31 AM
I personally didn't see the passion from pre-season. I just "felt" that the there was something up when he bought a home in NC, and for the first time ever he didn't sign an extension, and then he just wasn't "The Chin" on the sidelines.

In previous years, the camera man would have to do some creative editing to get THAT many subdued shots of BC.