PDA

View Full Version : Harrisons Days Numbered?

Zachintosh66
03-15-2011, 06:02 PM
James Harrison just had his second back surgery and is already over 32 years of age.

Could this spell the beginning of the end?

What you think?

K Train
03-15-2011, 06:09 PM
Hes a young 32 and they arent chronic back problems....he takes really good care of himself during the year, i dont see this being an issue. i think hes got at least 3-4 years left in him and could probably shift inside during or after that time

andyg1984
03-15-2011, 06:14 PM
i am not expecting to see him playing at such a high-level 2012ish due to the reasons you mentioned above.. age is unavoidable and the back-surgery has to, at minimum, impact his training regimen this year ..

K Train
03-15-2011, 06:20 PM
he should be good to go when the lockout is done lol

BlitzburghRockCity
03-15-2011, 06:37 PM
Nah it's not a long term issue. He's had that injury since the game when the Jets came to Pittsburgh in the regular season (if I remember right). The first surgery was to fix that and the 2nd one to clean up some scare tissue and what not from the first one. He's been doing acupuncture and oxygen therapy ever since, along with regular massages. He'll be more than good to when off season activities start up...whenever that is.

The dude spends thousands of dollars on acupuncture therapists that he flies in from all over the country, and he does the hyperbaric chamber regularly to aid with healing and recovery from physical toll his body takes each week.

steelersbabex25
03-15-2011, 06:43 PM
Well hey, he's already threatened to retire once.

JensK
03-15-2011, 08:28 PM
two back surgeries are kind of miss-leading as well. He had one, and then he had a follow up to clean up some stuff. Nothing was repaired on the second one.

andyg1984
03-15-2011, 08:40 PM
any guesses as to how long until he is able to fully lift and everything?

Rampage
03-16-2011, 01:55 PM
any guesses as to how long until he is able to fully lift and everything?

Back surgery recovery time can vary significantly from one injury to another and from one person to another. Harrison had a portion of a herniated disc removed in his lower back and I believe it was arthroscopic surgery. I am confident that he is already exercising; however, I don't think he is going after any PR deadlifts or squats where he needs that lower back stability. Probably just using Hammer Strength machines for now.

Deviouz1
03-16-2011, 02:32 PM
that dude is a beast. i dont forsee any real issues either. he reminds me of one of those 50 year old dudes that is in as good a shape as any 20 year old. i think he could survive and perform well for the next 5 years on nothing but pure mean-n-nasty.

LatrobePA
03-16-2011, 02:45 PM
Pretty sure this will be a non-issue, this guy wipes his *** with a cheese grater!

DIESELMAN
03-16-2011, 02:53 PM
Like KTrain said, he's a young 32. He bounced around the NFL and Europe for a few years before finally getting a starting gig with the Steelers. He doesn't have that much mileage and he keeps himself in better shape then most players that are 10 years younger. No age issue here.....:yellowthumb:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Real Deal Steel
03-17-2011, 01:44 AM
If you factor in the fact that Goodall is changing the rules so physical players like Harrison will be squeezed out the game, the end is near for Harrison.

jnes1216
03-19-2011, 02:05 AM
yea, harrison's days are numbered. Are you serious? Not havin' it. The guy doesn't know the meaning of the word quit. Can I emphasize this last sentence enough? I, for one, am anxious to see him put some left tackle in a spin that reminds me of my last trip to sturgis... what happened and did I pay the bartender? I "made it through" to the next party (offensive play)--that's what these Joe Thomas's should be thinking.

nuclearchihuahuas
03-19-2011, 10:33 AM
Of course his days are numbered. Everyone's are. He is already 32 and plays like a wild man with no regard for his body. He ruptured a disk and continued to play. (WOW! Any one who has ruptured a disk knows how impossible that seems) Injuries are cumulative over time. The body does remember. He will eventually pay for that decision. I think he is such a tough guy that he will ignore any symptoms until his career is over and will choose "pay for play" later in life. This man is going to have major arthritis and degenerative joint issues when he gets older. Right now though, because of his personality type, I'd say his days are numbered to 3 or 4 years at most.

Blazedby92
03-19-2011, 01:00 PM
None issue and if it is oh well we will just plug another backer in, next

BlitzburghRockCity
03-21-2011, 08:09 PM
Latest tweets from Harrison is that he's doing well. I'm sure he's already starting to get back into light workouts knowing the gym beast that he is.

Rampage
03-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Latest tweets from Harrison is that he's doing well. I'm sure he's already starting to get back into light workouts knowing the gym beast that he is.

When I hear "light workout" and "James Harrison" I think of this:

-FLZfgsRebg