PDA

View Full Version : For Cowher, it's about the family..NOT MONEY or Another Team !!!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-05-2007, 01:10 PM
Everybody that watched or listened to the press conference today, Bill stressed on several occasions during his speech and questions that it's time to prioritize things in his life and give time back to his family.

Thank you Bill, you da man !!!

AZ_Steeler
01-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Watching it brought a tear to my eye, but when when he said

You can take Pittsburgh away from people, but you can't take the Pittsburgh out people... Younz know what I mean!
It brought a smile to my face!

I personally don't see him coaching on 07. He seems genuine when he says he wants to be with his family but we will see.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-05-2007, 01:13 PM
Now we can put an end to all this BS about Cowher leaving and going somewhere else for the money or to coach somewhere else right away. He said on several occasions during his press conference that all he wants to do is hang out with his family and play some golf !

He'll miss the game, but he's ready for a break and family time. He has no timetable as to when/if he'll return to coaching.

AZ_Steeler
01-05-2007, 01:17 PM
If it is about the money he is definitely putting on a good show! He seems very sincere.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-05-2007, 01:18 PM
I shed a tear too, as a Steeler fan, how can you not !

BlitzburghRockCity
01-05-2007, 01:18 PM
I don't believe for a hot second it's about the money or another team, nor did I since this process started. The man is sincere and he's speaking from the heart !

AZ_Steeler
01-05-2007, 01:21 PM
I don't believe for a hot second it's about the money or another team, nor did I since this process started. The man is sincere and he's speaking from the heart !

You can tell this is truly from the heart! He had a piece of paper but it only had the names of people to Thank so he didn't forget.

What a guy! :clap:

AZ_Steeler
01-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Best memory beside the Super Bowl...

Home playoff games because of what it does for the city

Here is a slide show highlighting Cowher's career: http://kdka.com/slideshows/local_slideshow_004154356

TampaSteelGirl
01-05-2007, 02:08 PM
I always knew it was NEVER about the money as some were saying on here!! I have such mixed emotions, I"m going to miss him and his coaching spitting chin but in the same aspect I want him to enjoy his family and life. God Bless him and his family, he sure will be missed by so many people!!:tt02:

Koopa
01-05-2007, 04:11 PM
**** cowher, he is dead to me lol

House of Steel
01-05-2007, 04:21 PM
I am shedding a lot of tears today, a very sad day in the Steeler Nation. I feel like we lost someone in our family. Bill Cowher is and always will be Pittsburgh in my heart. I just feel emotional today. God Bless you, Bill, enjoy your time of relaxation and Thank You for everything you've given to the Steeler Nation in your 15 years of coaching, been one hell of a ride!!!!

Koopa
01-05-2007, 04:22 PM
damn, some of y'all are crazy, it's just a head coach, it's not like we have a horrible team and he was the only one to hold us together, after next season we'll all be saying cowher who??

SteelersWoman
01-05-2007, 04:27 PM
I've read too many "insider" stories to not believe it didn't have something to do with money, and although some will say it was just a rumor, it was also just a "rumor" that Bill was gonna be retiring after this year, it was just a "rumor" that Nick Saban was gonna leave to coach for Alabama, it was just a "rumor" that Art Shell was gonna be fired, and the list could go on and on.

I'm a firm believer that a rumor starts somewhere--somebody close to them heard something, and like the old saying--where there's smoke, there's fire.

But at the end of the day, Bill still has fond feelings for the Rooneys (and vice versa), and Bill's not classless enough to get on the podium and say that money was the reason, Besides, money probably wasn't the only issue in this decision, so it's not like he was lying, I'm sure he felt all the emotion he showed.

TampaSteelGirl
01-05-2007, 05:13 PM
**** cowher, he is dead to me lol

Say wha???? :chair:

TampaSteelGirl
01-05-2007, 05:14 PM
I am shedding a lot of tears today, a very sad day in the Steeler Nation. I feel like we lost someone in our family. Bill Cowher is and always will be Pittsburgh in my heart. I just feel emotional today. God Bless you, Bill, enjoy your time of relaxation and Thank You for everything you've given to the Steeler Nation in your 15 years of coaching, been one hell of a ride!!!!

I feel EXACTLY the same way you do...it hurts to have him leave..

Ambridge
01-05-2007, 05:53 PM
I shed a tear too, as a Steeler fan, how can you not !

As much as I have bashed Bill Cowher over the years I have to admit it was very saddening to see hime step down today. All those years with all those memories both good and bad it makes you realize that Bill Cowher was a true Pittsburgher and an Ambassador of what the Steelers and the city of Pittsburgh is all about.

Koopa
01-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Say wha???? :chair:

meaning once you know longer sport black and gold, i could care less if he's dead or alive lol, well i'd care if he died, but i could care less if he ever wins a game again, in fact i hope he flops and never coaches again, he should've stayed here where he has everything handed to him that makes him look great lol

K Train
01-05-2007, 06:10 PM
im sorry but i just cant cry over something like this...esspecially since....come one....we all have known for weeks

BlitzburghRockCity
01-05-2007, 06:14 PM
As much as I have bashed Bill Cowher over the years I have to admit it was very saddening to see hime step down today. All those years with all those memories both good and bad it makes you realize that Bill Cowher was a true Pittsburgher and an Ambassador of what the Steelers and the city of Pittsburgh is all about.

Once a Steeler, Always a Steeler. Bill will be forever known as the Steelers head coach. He was and is everything the Steelers stand for and what they represent.

I will most definately suck to see him coach another team sometime in the future, but in his heart of hearts, he's a Pittsburgher through and through. When you're born and raised in Pittsburgh, and you coach them for 15 years, nothing can take the place of that.