PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Chuck Noll

AZ_Steeler
01-05-2007, 11:23 AM
I figured since Mr. Noll is probably on here everyday checking out what is going on in Steelers World that he deserved his own Happy Birthday thread, plus besides that this is Chuck Noll we are talking about! :) The guy who coached the Steelers to four Super Bowl victories and coached the Steelers for 23 seasons and finished with a record of 209-156-1... the man deserves his own thread!

So Mr. Noll "Happy 75th Birthday" you will always be a significant figure to the Steelers organization!

:birthday:

House of Steel
01-05-2007, 11:44 AM
:birthday: To a Great legend in Steelers History and one of the best Hall of Famers in Canton, Ohio! Former Head Coach Chuck Noll, Happy 74th Birthday. I wish you the very best. I tip my hat to you. You are the main reason that jumpstarted my decision to become a Diehard Steelers Fan in 1984. God Bless You, and enjoy your special day.

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towelwave: :towelwave:

DIESELMAN
01-05-2007, 11:58 AM
I've been watching the Steelers since 1972 and you are and always will be THE MAN!!!! Happy Birthday Bro.....:helmet:

Steelerlyn
01-05-2007, 01:36 PM
As we are on the verge of saying "goodbye and good luck" to one of our long-term coaches, Bill Cowher, we should also pause to wish a very happy 75th birthday to the "King of the Football Dynasties", Emperor Chuck Noll, STILL the only coach to have won 4 Super Bowls.
Last I heard, around SB XL time, his health was failing, and I haven't heard more on that front, hopefully he's feeling better and able to enjoy a well-deserved 3/4 of a century birthday celebration.

Amazing that many still don't give him the recognition he deserves.
Yes, he had great players, but he had a large role in drafting them, as well as molding them, a rag-tag bunch of guys from all over the place, wild, unruly, undisciplined, and shaped them into the greatest football team to ever play the game.

Chuck Noll is available for the next coach of the Steelers. LOL I'd love to see that, in a way, but his day has passed. He knows it more than anyone, and he has gone on with his life's work, a piece of advice he often offered
to players who were past their prime and ready to move on.

Happy birthday, Coach Noll!!!

Steelersfan
01-05-2007, 03:02 PM
This is the guy I grew up watching coach the Steelers. Hope you have a great 75th Mr. Noll!!!!

Blitzburgh55
01-05-2007, 03:03 PM
bring him back to coach the steelers

Friday133
01-05-2007, 04:52 PM
:birthday: To a Great legend in Steelers History and one of the best Hall of Famers in Canton, Ohio! Former Head Coach Chuck Noll, Happy 74th Birthday. I wish you the very best. I tip my hat to you. You are the main reason that jumpstarted my decision to become a Diehard Steelers Fan in 1984. God Bless You, and enjoy your special day.

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towelwave: :towelwave:

who did you cheer for prior to 1984?

House of Steel
01-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Well, Friday, I was just 10 years old and was into soccer and baseball more than anything, I was just learning Football. Nobody.

Ambridge
01-05-2007, 05:12 PM
Happy Birthday to "Emperor" Chaz.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Happy Birthday to a true man of steel and a legend beyond compare. :tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Well I remember Chuck Noll's last few years as HC of the Pittsburgh Steelers since I'm only 27. For you old bastards that saw the Steel Curtain era. You suck. Just kidding I'm just jealous that I didn't get to grow up in that great era of Pittsburgh Steelers history.

AZ_Steeler
01-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Happy Birthday Coach Noll!!! :cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-05-2008, 12:55 PM
I'll give ole Chuck a ring at home and tell him to hop on SA quick and post up ! :greengrin:

DIESELMAN
01-05-2008, 04:32 PM
For you old bastards that saw the Steel Curtain era. You suck.
:nahnah: :banana: :banana: :banana:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. NOLL!!!!! :woot:

BBG7
01-05-2008, 05:52 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHUCK

Ambridge
01-05-2008, 08:47 PM
I think Coach Noll would be deeply disturbed to know that Birthday wishes have been bestowed from a re-gifted thread that's from last year. :lol:

Happy Birthday Coach Noll and Good Health. The last time I saw him he was looking kinda frail and using a cane if I remember correctly.