PDA

View Full Version : Steeler Addicts is Mobile!

BlitzburghRockCity
03-07-2011, 04:46 PM
http://www.noticeorange.com/promo/PromoImage?tag=SteelerAddicts

SA is increasing our online and social media presence yet again! In addition to already being "android native" and online with Tapatalk, we now have our first Android App!

The app will give live updates on breaking Steelers news, new threads posted in the Steelers section, new articles posted up in the blog, and a timeline of our recent tweets. The app can be configured to turn on and off the alerts. If they are on, you'll get alerts in the notification bar of your phone and you can click on that alert and go right to the app to read the full story. If you prefer, you can turn off the Alerts and just view the app whenever you like to get the updates. Each time you launch the app it will refresh the feeds for you. You can also manually refresh the feeds anytime by clicking the "refresh" button to the right of each section of the app. This app is "read only" , but it's quite handy whenever you want to see what new posts are being made. It makes getting breaking news more convenient than ever!

The new app was created by an independent 3rd party, a very popular resource for many forums and blogs who want to have an android market presence. The banner ad at the bottom of the app does not generate any revenue for us, it's part of the setup determined by the app creator. Also, you will occasionally see a video ad when you launch a thread, which lasts for about 10 seconds or so. Again, we have no control over that but I have been assured you will not see it all the time when utilizing the app. This is basically how the company makes their money. They do have a plan that will eliminate ads completely, which we may go to at some point, and I would prefer that actually, but we want to see how this goes over for now.
http://www.steeleraddicts.com/topgun/androidavatar.png
We are also, and have been for quite some time, on Tapatalk. For those that use the Tapatalk app, all you have to do is search for "steelers" or "steeler addicts" within Tapatalk and you'll see us. You can immediately bring up a Tapatalk version of SA and view, reply, start new threads, for any section of SA. You can also check your PM's via Tapatalk too. If you like, you can add SA to your favorites so it's easily accessible anytime you launch the app or set a widget on your phone so you can launch directly into SA via Tapatalk.
http://www.steeleraddicts.com/topgun/tapatalk.png
=====================================

To see some screenshots of the app you can click here (http://www.noticeorange.com/r/SteelerAddicts)

If you have a barcode scanner on your phone now (such as shopsavvy), you can scan the image below and be taken directly to the app on the market. Or you can just search the Android Market for "steeleraddicts" and you'll find us. Please sure to comment and rate the app on the market.

http://www.noticeorange.com/promo/AndroidPromo?tag=SteelerAddicts

PsychoWard
03-07-2011, 05:12 PM
Way to go Matt SA keeps growing and growing have to love that! I downloaded the app it works great and looks great!!Job well done!!! :clap:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-07-2011, 07:51 PM
I am currently working on making an SA app that would incorporate things like Steelers ring tones, sound bites, and images for phone wallpaper.

NOVA STEELERS
03-07-2011, 08:29 PM
:waiting: for iPhone :club:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-07-2011, 08:47 PM
I actually have inquiries into the developer as we speak to find out the possibilities of getting us on the iphone too!

Steelersfan
03-07-2011, 09:51 PM
Installed. Looks good Matt!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

86WARD
03-07-2011, 10:28 PM
I actually have inquiries into the developer as we speak to find out the possibilities of getting us on the iphone too!

Get it done...

DIESELMAN
03-08-2011, 08:42 AM
:waiting: for iPhone :club:

Try the Tapatalk for IPhone, it's pretty cool. I have a IPhone and use it all the time. Like Matt said, you can reply to threads, view and send PM's, see who is online and u can even edit your replies. The only thing u can't do is mod privileges. Comes in handy when you are away from your comp. :yellowthumb:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlitzburghRockCity
03-08-2011, 08:52 AM
I got word back from the developers of the app on the status of one for the itunes store. Apparently Apple is quite picky (imagine that), and difficult to deal with when it comes to adding new apps to their store. Our app needs to be on the market for awhile and gain some popularity and download trends to reference before they can go to Apple ask to have this one submitted.

So it's not out of the question yet but it won't happen immediately unfortunately.

SteelerDave74
03-08-2011, 09:01 AM
Congratulations, Matt. I have a Blackberry so got to wait til next August til I get a upgrade on my phone. This is a very exciting time for SA. proud of all the work the guys here have done to make us so damn popular among the Steelers Nation.

LarryNJ
03-08-2011, 09:59 AM
Installed it and rated it!

I don't have tapatalk. What does it do that I can't do with any browser? And can you remove the signature? It's like all the emails that say sent from**** phone. I really don't like that.

Steelersfan
03-08-2011, 10:34 AM

I don't have tapatalk. What does it do that I can't do with any browser? And can you remove the signature? It's like all the emails that say sent from**** phone. I really don't like that.

That's up to me to remove it (least on my posts).......so no!......lol......:stirpot:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-08-2011, 12:15 PM

With tapatalk you can choose whether or not to show that signature, and you can also choose to edit it to say whatever you like.

It's basically a special app forums that gives you a different way to interface with the site. You can still use your browser on your phone if you like, and I do quite often. It's all personal preference but if you do decide to try Tapatalk you'll probably enjoy it :)

NOVA STEELERS
03-08-2011, 09:01 PM
:wtf: is a tapatalk

steelersbabex25
03-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Where's an app for smart phones? :waiting:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-10-2011, 07:38 PM
We're getting some positive feedback from those that have tried it out. Keep spreading the word everyone, the more downloads we get the better!

BlitzburghRockCity
03-11-2011, 06:19 PM
If you had the SteelerAddicts android app; you'd already know about the NFLPA Union decertification and the talks breaking down today.

Shameless plug... :lol:

BlacknGold Bleeder
03-11-2011, 11:10 PM
I just joined the Android nation and the first App I downloaded was ...the SA app of course...but i can't find where to rate it...

LarryNJ
03-12-2011, 08:44 AM
Go to market..my apps...SA..towards the top you will see My review let others know what you think..tap 5 stars..add comments.. :)

BlitzburghRockCity
03-12-2011, 10:21 AM
I just joined the Android nation and the first App I downloaded was ...the SA app of course...but i can't find where to rate it...

Awesome, welcome to the android world dude!

Go to market..my apps...SA..towards the top you will see My review let others know what you think..tap 5 stars..add comments.. :)

:iagree: You have to tap the star ratings before you can add a comment.

BlacknGold Bleeder
03-12-2011, 08:07 PM
Rated the app... Thanks for the help !! Now I gotta find out the must have apps,already got the most important one !!

BlitzburghRockCity
03-18-2011, 03:09 PM
There were some issues with the app not updating as often as it should over the last couple days. That has been resolved and all should be fine now.

StlersGuy
03-18-2011, 04:06 PM
Love the APP..

*Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-18-2011, 04:18 PM
Im actually adding a new section to the app so it will update when new podcasts are out too.

Prosdo
03-19-2011, 11:51 AM
First application I downloaded when I got my Thunderbolt out of the box!

BlitzburghRockCity
03-22-2011, 10:33 PM
New section has been added to the app. It will now update when podcasts are added too, and you can listen to them right on your phone.

SteelDad
03-29-2011, 05:18 PM
Do we have the SA app for my phone yet?
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZr3TF4upGq9INSjtI_EJ78B68xIuLu XcezJxAVDKdD3n6AaHb

Signed,

Jealous. (One month to go before the upgrade!)

BlitzburghRockCity
03-29-2011, 11:08 PM
Zack Morris!!!!!!!!! Put that phone down, NOW!!!

http://www.clevescene.com/images/blogimages/2011/01/17/1295279046-zack-morris-phone.jpg

Do we have the SA app for my phone yet?
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZr3TF4upGq9INSjtI_EJ78B68xIuLu XcezJxAVDKdD3n6AaHb

Signed,

Jealous. (One month to go before the upgrade!)

SteelDad
03-30-2011, 07:27 AM
I remember when my Dad got one of those phones. I thought it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen. Of course I remember having only 3 channels on TV too.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-30-2011, 08:47 AM
How old are you again :lol:

I have to admit I remember when those phones were popular too. As far as TV goes, I can remember being excited to finally get a remote to change the channel! :yikes:

SteelDad
03-30-2011, 12:21 PM
One shy of 4-0, but I honestly remember the day we got cable. They had this channel called 'HBO' and then another called 'ESPN.' Who the hell knew what they were going to turn into? Used to love Australian Rules Football.

HUNT4SEVEN
04-08-2011, 08:13 AM
:clap::clap:Congrats Matt, i have the Droid and i will be downloading this ASAP, i love the new look of the site also, keep up the great work, i'm glad i'm apart of the best steeler site ever, great job:tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
08-16-2011, 04:38 PM
Just received word from our app developer that this will be available for iphone users here very soon, as in the next few days hopefully. I'll have all the details once it's ready.

StlersGuy
08-16-2011, 09:49 PM
Just received word from our app developer that this will be available for iphone users here very soon, as in the next few days hopefully. I'll have all the details once it's ready.

Nice

Sent using the now network by way of the Htc Evo 4g

75Steeler
08-17-2011, 11:05 AM
Downloading the app now Matt! Thanks again for going above and beyond with this site as always! :cope:

Koopa
08-18-2011, 10:57 PM

chop chop!!! once this app is on a legit phone it will make this site legit lol

BlitzburghRockCity
08-18-2011, 11:54 PM
Damn android haters, be gone with you!!! LOL

Koopa
08-19-2011, 12:14 AM
Ugh I wish we could delete post on tapatalk.... Can someone delete this post? Thanks

Koopa
08-19-2011, 12:22 AM
I downloaded tapatalk because I was bored.... So far it's better then viewing on the phone browser, however having a hard time postining

Finally got one to post lol.... Damn 3G sucks out in the country lol

BlitzburghRockCity
08-19-2011, 06:20 PM
It is somewhat limited into what you can do from a moderation standpoint. If I need to do those types of things I just go through my browser on my phone. Still not the easiest thing in the world on a smaller screen, but it's doable in a pinch.

Koopa
08-19-2011, 06:41 PM
I'm really digging this tapatalk....I can now keep up with what's going on on the forum now.... Best 2.99 I've spent in awhile lol

BlitzburghRockCity
08-19-2011, 06:55 PM
I got an email from them the other day saying that SteelerAddicts one of the more popular forums for Tapatalk users. I use it pretty often myself.

Ibleedblk&gld
08-19-2011, 07:30 PM
when is this coming to the iPhone?!??! you said "days"

Zachintosh66
08-20-2011, 08:06 AM
newbie to the smart phone world... is there a taptalk free?

StlersGuy
08-20-2011, 08:10 AM
newbie to the smart phone world... is there a taptalk free?

Yes but you can't post from it only read

Sent by way of a Droid

86WARD
08-23-2011, 09:57 PM
I use Tapatalk on the iPhone a lot and it's great once you get the hang of it. You can also do a good amount of Mod stuff on it, but there is also a good amount of Mod stuff you can't do...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2011, 11:04 AM
Everyone, it seems that Notice Software has gotten into some trouble with Google for publishing apps using copyrighted or trademarked logo's. Obviously SA is not one of those but nonetheless our app and every app created by Notice Software is gone. If you already have the SA app it will still function and update, however just make sure you don't uninstall it or you won't be able to get it back.

Ive found a new company that I'm working with now and hope to have a new app up by the end of the week (knock on wood). I'll keep everyone posted as to the progress. If it works like I hope, it will blow our current app out the water.

Link to all new APP!!!! (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?p=455573#post455573)