PDA

View Full Version : Ive got the inside track...

BlitzburghRockCity
01-04-2007, 07:03 PM
I have it from a very reliable source, who is close with the family, and I know this source very well and trust it completely. Cowher will be making a decision to the public very soon and he is leaning very much towards retirement, as we most of us have forseen. His wife and family are ready for a break and would look forward to having him around more.

PITT23
01-04-2007, 07:06 PM
Hmm...I hope this turns out to be wrong and he stays. During the season I didn't want him back but if he brings the fire back next year he would rocket back up to the Top 3 coaches in the league.

Sadly, all reports I've seen are that he's gone.

AZ_Steeler
01-04-2007, 07:20 PM
Sounds to me like his his family is getting in the way of him making a decision and is trying to brainwash him into thinking he needs to retire! :dunno: His kids are out of school and off in college so ig he wanted to spend time with the family then he should have been around while they were in high school! He needs to go be on his own, get away from the family and make his own decision :)

Ambridge
01-04-2007, 07:49 PM
ESPN is reporting via the Pittsburgh Post Gazzette that Bill Cowher will be making an announcement on Monday that he will be stepping down as head coach.

Another "loose" rumor I've seen floating out there is that Bill and Kaye Cowher have been having marriage problems and have been unofficially separated since the summer time.........and that Bill has been debating whether to step down from the Steelers to try and save his marriage or keep on coaching and move forward with his personal and professional life.

House of Steel
01-04-2007, 07:54 PM
I have a hard time believing in marriage problem going on with the Cowher's, OH COME ON NOW!!! That is getting too personal.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-04-2007, 07:58 PM
ESPN is reporting via the Pittsburgh Post Gazzette that Bill Cowher will be making an announcement on Monday that he will be stepping down as head coach.

Another "loose" rumor I've seen floating out there is that Bill and Kaye Cowher have been having marriage problems and have been unofficially separated since the summer time.........and that Bill has been debating whether to step down from the Steelers to try and save his marriage or keep on coaching and move forward with his personal and professional life.

You can squash that rumor :bigthumb: From my source who is again close to the family, they are fine and just wanting to spend some relaxing time together, and be able to go see their daughters play basketball and such.

Steelerlyn
01-04-2007, 07:59 PM

LOL here is one rumor I have not heard, thanks Ambridge, that seriously makes more sense to me than he just doesn't wanna coach anymore. I can see leaving to save your marriage, although it does not seem that your spouse would ask you to stop doing what you love. but who knows, I still say he will be here next year. i hope and that it is all about money. :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :hilarious:

Ambridge
01-04-2007, 08:55 PM
:dunno: :dunno:
I know...I know!! I did say "loose" rumor though.:greengrin:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-04-2007, 09:05 PM
Yeah that's pretty loose alright :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-04-2007, 10:24 PM
Actually AZ Cowher still has one daughter in High School. His other two are in college.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-04-2007, 10:31 PM
Cowher loves going to see his daughters play sports and since they are a bit scattered around at college this will give him time to go watch them all play, plus get some time to chill and find out what he wants to do with the rest of his life.

Koopa
01-04-2007, 10:54 PM
Cowher loves going to see his daughters play sports and since they are a bit scattered around at college this will give him time to go watch them all play, plus get some time to chill and find out what he wants to do with the rest of his life.

he knows what he wants to do, he still wants to coach, he just wants a break, he'll be back coaching in 2008.....he's way to damn young to be retired full time

BlitzburghRockCity
01-04-2007, 10:56 PM
Oh yeah, there is little doubt he'll be back at some point coaching. I'd be he would go stir crazy if he just completely left the game forever.

House of Steel
01-04-2007, 11:21 PM
Watch him watch our Steelers during the whole season and then kick himself in the *** wishing he did stay for the final year.

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-05-2007, 06:41 AM
Steelers have something to prove. Even if cowher wants to spend time at home. :tt02:

SteelersWoman
01-05-2007, 07:40 AM
Most men know they have to work until age 68-70 (and sometimes beyond) before they can even THINK about retiring, or even taking a year or two off from work. Must be nice for those who can afford to do just exactly whatever it is that they want, whenever they want. :yesnod:

It's still my opinion that he's gone. He has been since apparently he wasn't offered almost double his already large salary.