PDA

View Full Version : Ramon Foster should return as the starter

BlitzburghRockCity
03-03-2011, 05:31 PM
If you ask me, and for some reason many people don't think so, but Ramon Foster is a viable option for the future of the RG position on our line. He worked very well with Flozell Adams this season. Mendenhall got a lot of his big gainers off the right side running behind these 2 big buys. Foster brings a mean streak and a toughness, similar to what Flozell has, along with a solid, level, head on the field.

Personally having a line of Starks, Kemo, Pouncey, Foster, and Adams for 2011 would be a pretty good thing if you ask me.

HUNT4SEVEN
03-03-2011, 06:07 PM
Yea i'm ok with Foster being our RG he did a very good job IMO, I think he will work well with Willie or Colon...

Rampage
03-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Alright, I might catch **** for this, but here goes:

Starks - Pouncey - Pouncey - Foster - Adams

:thinking: :stirpot:

I actually like Foster quite a bit, but I am not overly fond of Kemoeatu's play.

pimplydan
03-03-2011, 06:25 PM
We still have a chance to keep Colon don't we . Or to you think he is gone ?

Rampage
03-03-2011, 06:25 PM
We still have a chance to keep Colon don't we . Or to you think he is gone ?

Of course there is a chance. The issue is whether or not they want him. Personally, I say see you later Willie.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-03-2011, 07:53 PM
Last I heard there wasn't much of a chance of the Steelers drafting Mike Pouncey...apparently they worked him out at the combine and there's more than enough interest for him to way off the board before we get there. Plus he also wants to play Center and we obviously don't need another Pouncey at Center when we already have one.LOL

But yeah overall, I'm quite happy with Foster at RG, and having another year of him and Adams, yeah I'd be all for that.

cmerrifield
03-03-2011, 08:00 PM
I am good with Foster, so I am hoping for a good OT or CB when we pick. I think Foster>Kemo

Dee Mca
03-03-2011, 10:02 PM
I'm sure Pouncey would come to Pittsburgh to play with his brother.

Blazedby92
03-04-2011, 07:39 AM
I think the only reason he says he wants to play center is for more money, smart but I don't think he is that good at center, we still won't get him regardless.

Mike Tomlin
03-04-2011, 11:15 AM
I think the only reason he says he wants to play center is for more money, smart but I don't think he is that good at center, we still won't get him regardless.
He's not good at center all he's being picked that high as a guard. I still think he'll be there between 20 and 26 I think we could still move up and snatch him away from the Ravens. Harbaugh is a grade A ******* and if he has a chance to do something like that he will, plus they need a guard.

JensK
03-04-2011, 11:23 AM
He's not good at center all he's being picked that high as a guard. I still think he'll be there between 20 and 26 I think we could still move up and snatch him away from the Ravens. Harbaugh is a grade A ******* and if he has a chance to do something like that he will, plus they need a guard.

You may think Harbaugh is an *******, but he is not stupid enough to draft a player just to make sure Steelers get him. Should he pick Pouncey it would be, as you said, because they actually need a guard badly. I still believe Ravens will take a long hard look at Jimmy Smith, and they may even trade up for him.

Mike Pouncey seems to believe he is better than his brother, and he claims that a lot of scouts believes so too. I don't see us being in a position where we can even make a move for him at this point.

If thats the case, I would fine with Foster playing guard, although there is a couple of pretty good guards in this draft beside Pouncey.

SteelDad
03-04-2011, 01:30 PM
Intersting thing about Foster is that how often did you ever hear anyone mention his name during the course of a game? Almost never, which for an OL, is great. I agree that he should remain a starter.

No way Mike Pouncey makes it to us at 31. If he does, then something screwy has to have happened higher up like the Lions trading 3 times to get 3 different WR's.

LatrobePA
03-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Ravens will pick Pouncey.....

JollyRob68
03-04-2011, 02:57 PM
I like foster and think we can get a OT/OG in the second. This will be a tough draft and we'll have to wait and see who falls. We need a good CB especially now that the Steelers didnt sign Ike Taylor before the deadline. However, Keeping with the Steelers tradition they can update the front 7 to increase pressure on QB and not worry so much about which CB they get. Big mistake but thats what they may do. Fabian Washington said he wont be back with Ravens,so theirs a Free agent to look at.
I like Aaron Williams,Brandon Harris & Curtis Brown. My sleeper CB/S is Richard Sherman in the 3rd or 4th. I also see RAs I Dowing falling due to injuries.
If the Steelers can get a top 5 tackle then Great if not dont reach for an Olineman grab Defense.. WILD CARD PICK IF HE'S NOT DRAFTED EARLIER IS MARTEZ WILSON ILB.
WHY, HARRISON IS OLD AND JUST HAD 2 BACK SURGERIES,TIMMONS IS A FREE AGENT NEXT YEAR. SIGN TIMMONS AND THANK HARRISON FOR HIS OUTSTANDING SERVICE BUT YOU CANT PAY HIM THAT KIND OF MONEY AFTER THIS YEAR.

Jakey
03-05-2011, 11:41 AM
I like foster and think we can get a OT/OG in the second. This will be a tough draft and we'll have to wait and see who falls. We need a good CB especially now that the Steelers didnt sign Ike Taylor before the deadline. However, Keeping with the Steelers tradition they can update the front 7 to increase pressure on QB and not worry so much about which CB they get. Big mistake but thats what they may do. Fabian Washington said he wont be back with Ravens,so theirs a Free agent to look at.
I like Aaron Williams,Brandon Harris & Curtis Brown. My sleeper CB/S is Richard Sherman in the 3rd or 4th. I also see RAs I Dowing falling due to injuries.
If the Steelers can get a top 5 tackle then Great if not dont reach for an Olineman grab Defense.. WILD CARD PICK IF HE'S NOT DRAFTED EARLIER IS MARTEZ WILSON ILB.
WHY, HARRISON IS OLD AND JUST HAD 2 BACK SURGERIES,TIMMONS IS A FREE AGENT NEXT YEAR. SIGN TIMMONS AND THANK HARRISON FOR HIS OUTSTANDING SERVICE BUT YOU CANT PAY HIM THAT KIND OF MONEY AFTER THIS YEAR.

Martez would be to replace Farrior, Harrison will be a starter for as long as possible, and when he isnt capable anymore, Jason Worilds will be there to take over. I love Martez too, but he is a risk, after having a serious neck injury, he played well this last year but if he got injured again, you cant expect his play to stay at a high level.

Clevelandsux
03-05-2011, 12:53 PM
I don't like Foster. Ok as a back up, maybe. Only person worse is Scott.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Scott was vastly improved by the end of the year, don't sell him short as being all THAT bad. He struggled big time when he first came in for Starks but as the year went on and by the time the playoffs hit he was doing very well. He's not going to replace Starks or anything but lets give the guy some credit.

Zachintosh66
03-05-2011, 04:22 PM
isnt Adams due for like 7 mil next season? if so, id bet he gets cut

Rampage
03-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Scott was vastly improved by the end of the year, don't sell him short as being all THAT bad. He struggled big time when he first came in for Starks but as the year went on and by the time the playoffs hit he was doing very well. He's not going to replace Starks or anything but lets give the guy some credit.

I was completely disappointed with Scott when he came in and by the playoffs I felt he was no longer a weak link. I definitely want to see him retained as a backup.

Mike Tomlin
03-05-2011, 06:04 PM
I agree thats why in another post I said we are stacked at tackle with 3 (1 being a rookie) coming back from injury and Scott along with Flozell and Essex. We won't get a good tackle at 31 we should move up and get you know who between maybe 20-25 and get another sure thing who can start at either guard spot. As much as Kemo is hurt we need depth at guard, and we're playing with a back up starting at the other spot. We need a good guard either way. Why not trade up and get a for sure starter. The corners that could start for us will be gone in the top ten.

greg1964
03-06-2011, 08:24 AM
Provided everyone come back healthy:

Starks, Foster, Pouncey, Colon, Adams would be may choices

If the Steelers get Mike Pouncey in the draft: I could see:

Starks, Pouncey, Pouncey, Foster, Colon

Reserves:
Leg, J. Scott, Kemo, (provide he can take the demotion)
Leg: backup C/G
J. Scott backup LT/RT: the last part of the season, he played great.
Kemo backup G