PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger wedding "plans" in full swing thanks to TMZ

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-26-2011, 07:38 PM
Website Posts Copy Of Roethlisberger’s “Save The Date” Cards

February 26, 2011 6:03 PM

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — An image of a “save the date” card for the wedding of Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger to Ashley Harlan has surfaced on the Internet.

Entertainment news website TMZ.com has posted the image of the card announcing the date as Saturday, July 23, 2011.

In late December and early January, there was buzz across the blogosphere that Roethlisberger had popped the question to Harlan.

But saying it is his personal life, Roethlisberger declined to comment on the Internet rumors back in January.

The card says the nuptials will be in Pittsburgh, but there’s no word the location.

RELATED LINKS:
http://www.tmz.com/2011/02/26/big-ben-roethlisberger-wedding-invitation-pittsburgh-steelers-quarterback-marriage-wife-ashley-harlan/

BlitzburghRockCity
02-26-2011, 07:40 PM
Leave it to TMZ to keep digging dirt up on anyone they can find. :evilshake: If Ben is indeed getting married then I'm happy for him, if he's not then TMZ will eat crow.

SteelDad
02-27-2011, 12:05 AM
What I'd like to know is who handed this over to TMZ and for how much. Whoever they are should be ashamed of themselves. Let the man have his day in private for crying out loud.

steelersbabex25
02-27-2011, 12:19 AM
So..wow. Who'd have thought this rumor might actually turn out to be true?

SteelerDave74
02-27-2011, 01:44 AM
it's TMZ, that is all you got to say.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-27-2011, 10:20 AM
Another thing too is, if Ben is actually getting married it's highly unlikely it would be on this date. Late July is when training camps usually start, getting married the week before wouldn't make much sense at all.

steelersbabex25
02-27-2011, 11:56 AM
it's TMZ, that is all you got to say.

Take it from someone who knows, TMZ is usually a very accurate source.

Rampage
02-27-2011, 12:52 PM
I feel like Lloyd Christmas in Dumb & Dumber

"I don't caaaaareeee. Bartennnderrrr..."

LarryNJ
02-27-2011, 01:21 PM
Anyone know how long they have known each other?

Rampage
02-27-2011, 01:42 PM

About a year. I think they met in a bar in Georgia last summer...

:reddevil::stirpot:

Scorp
03-03-2011, 05:38 PM
Tuesday, March 01, 2011
By Sally Kalson, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Ben Roethlisberger will get married in Pittsburgh ... and honeymoon in Latrobe?

The Post-Gazette has confirmed that the Steelers quarterback will be married July 23 somewhere in the Pittsburgh area to Ashley Harlan, of Hickory Township, Lawrence County. The website TMZ originally reported the news over the weekend after people began receiving "Save the Date" cards from Mr. Roethlisberger and Ms. Harlan.

The two were engaged around Christmas. Mr. Roethlisberger repeatedly has declined to talk about his engagement and did so again today through a Steelers spokesman.

The July 23 wedding won't give Mr. Roethlisberger much time for a honeymoon. Steelers training camp traditionally opens in late July/early August at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe.

Meanwhile, the couple apparently have signed up for at least two online bridal registries -- assuming the listings are legitimate.

An entry on Macy's bridal registry under "Ashley Harlan and Ben Roethlisberger," with a wedding date of July 23, 2011, reveals a taste for neutral color and simple design.

White porcelain dishes ($84 for a four-piece place setting), serving dishes and bakeware; unadorned stainless steel cutlery ($63 for a five-piece setting), an ice bucket and serving pieces of polished metal and wood; Champagne flutes and wine glasses ($50 for a set of four) are all on the list.

Another listing under "Ashley Harlan" at Crate & Barrel, also with the July 23 wedding date, has one unusual item: a plush, burgundy-colored chaise lounge with a curved arm and a $1,200 price tag. The other items are less than $50 -- white earthenware serving bowls and platters with ruffled edges, mixing bowls, a hand-blown glass pedestal and glass storage containers.

Online bridal registries are easy to fake. One, under the name "AshleyandBen" on Amazon lists handcuffs, padlocks and a dog muzzle.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11060/1128699-348.stm#ixzz1FZi8Hovn

franchise3
03-03-2011, 06:52 PM
"Online bridal registries are easy to fake. One, under the name "AshleyandBen" on Amazon lists handcuffs, padlocks and a dog muzzle."

Ravens fan

HUNT4SEVEN
03-03-2011, 06:57 PM
So i guess TMZ was right on this one:lol: Congrats to Ben and Ashley

Rampage
03-03-2011, 07:22 PM
If I were a guest I would buy Ben a Packers 2010-2011 DVD.

SnakeEyes43
03-03-2011, 09:14 PM
If I were a guest I would buy Ben a Packers 2010-2011 DVD.

Haha, ouch. But seriously, congrats to Ben and his future wife is this news is true. Maybe he will settle down now and Steeler nation can take one big sigh of relief.

steelersbabex25
03-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Haha, ouch. But seriously, congrats to Ben and his future wife is this news is true. Maybe he will settle down now and Steeler nation can take one big sigh of relief.

For God sakes Ben, just don't beat her.

Scorp
03-04-2011, 12:20 AM

They knew eachother since Scorp's pants down party. :yellowthumb:

Farrior Fan
03-04-2011, 09:58 AM

I really do think Ben has seen the light. Lets just be glad he wasn't starting up dog kennels, killing people in Atlanta, or betting on the Steelers......

Rampage
03-04-2011, 12:57 PM

As long as she isn't opposed to meeting little Ben, I don't see any problems.

:banana:

--- Added 3/4/2011 at 10:57 AM ---

I really do think Ben has seen the light. Lets just be glad he wasn't starting up dog kennels, killing people in Atlanta, or betting on the Steelers......

Actually, if he killed someone that may have been better. Ray "The Knife" Lewis did it and nobody talks about that anymore. Now he is just considered tougher.

:thinking:

SteelDad
03-04-2011, 02:25 PM
About a year. I think they met in a bar in Georgia last summer...

:reddevil::stirpot:

Rampage, this is Satan. Satan, I'd like you to meet Rampage...:clap:

LatrobePA
03-04-2011, 02:35 PM
I wonder what color wedding gown Bruce (assuming that's who Ben will be marrying) will be wearing, I bet black since he's f**ked everyone in Pittsburgh!!

Rampage
03-04-2011, 04:41 PM
Rampage, this is Satan. Satan, I'd like you to meet Rampage...:clap:

tnepPZChA5U

--- Added 3/4/2011 at 02:41 PM ---

I wonder what color wedding gown Bruce (assuming that's who Ben will be marrying) will be wearing, I bet black since he's f**ked everyone in Pittsburgh!!

:hilarious:

I let out a chuckle!

hit 'n run
03-11-2011, 10:28 PM
So i guess TMZ was right on this one:lol: Congrats to Ben and Ashley

What a cute couple.
(and 1 more post for me - what's next after "rookie free agent"?)