PDA

View Full Version : Release time

jpele
02-26-2011, 07:51 AM
Believe it or not, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger did not lead the NFL in holding the ball too long and creating a sack in 2010.

According to a report on nflfanhouse.com, Baltimore's Joe Flacco was the king of all NFL quarterbacks for holding the ball a long time, with 25 of his 40 sacks coming when he held the ball for 3.1 seconds or more. That was five more than Roethlisberger (20), who was second.

That, though, was fine by Ravens coach John Harbaugh, who called the report "interesting."

"Joe's the kind of guy that can make plays by being creative; that's something we really want him to do," Harbaugh said. "I think Joe's capable of being a creative playmaker quarterback, moving around in the pocket, shrugging off guys. He's a big, strong guy. He's only going to get stronger.

"He's way more athletic than what you think. He made more of those plays down the stretch. I want to encourage him to make those plays. There's nothing wrong with the way Ben Roethlisberger plays, or Aaron Rodgers. One thing I think we can do is help him a little bit offensively.

"I don't think we've been a great quick game-type of a team in the last three years with Joe. So, we build that quick game in there a little bit and then obviously the release time is going to be a little bit faster because of the nature of the offense and that will help those numbers."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11057/1128204-66.stm#ixzz1F4KmGFG0

Callax
02-26-2011, 08:54 AM
Harbaugh is an idiot.
His lips move and all I hear is: BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-26-2011, 10:21 AM
Right now Flacco is not on the same level as Ben yet, it's as simple as that. He can't beat Ben in the playoffs and he can't consistently beat him in the regular season. While these guys don't technically go head to head, they are somewhat matched against each other in terms of wins, losses, and play making ability.

DanRooney
02-26-2011, 06:18 PM
Right now Flacco is not on the same level as Ben yet, it's as simple as that. He can't beat Ben in the playoffs and he can't consistently beat him in the regular season. While these guys don't technically go head to head, they are somewhat matched against each other in terms of wins, losses, and play making ability.

Can't consistently beat Ben in the regular season? He has never beaten Ben :yellowthumb:

Scorp
02-26-2011, 06:30 PM
Can't consistently beat Ben in the regular season? He has never beaten Ben :yellowthumb:

And he probably won't.......ever. :yellowthumb:

LatrobePA
02-26-2011, 07:10 PM
I personally hate the way Flacco looks, my mother in her mid 60's says she'd like to punch him in the face!!

Rock on momma!! lol

SteelDad
02-26-2011, 11:01 PM
Not impressed with Flacco at all. Has yet to win in a truly pressure situation and until he beats Ben in the playoffs I will continue to be bored by him...

Real Deal Steel
02-27-2011, 01:15 AM
Flacco is one of my favorite Steeler players! When we play the Ravens, I know that I can count on Flacco to do what it takes for the Steelers to win. I don't get this Flacco bashing at all. He's been good to us and I won't turn my back on him now.

jpele
02-27-2011, 08:30 AM
Flacco is one of my favorite Steeler players! When we play the Ravens, I know that I can count on Flacco to do what it takes for the Steelers to win. I don't get this Flacco bashing at all. He's been good to us and I won't turn my back on him now.

:clap:

steeldoc
02-27-2011, 01:08 PM
2 thoughts...Harbaugh reminds me of Cowher, a bit of a lug nut who THINKS he's smart...but isn't. Cowher is actually smarter. Secondly, Vinny Flaccoverde will always be Ben's bitch, until he wins a game against Ben that actually matters. For now he should stick with Depends commercials as he always craps his pants when his team needs him most.:lol::lol::lol:

HUNT4SEVEN
02-27-2011, 01:40 PM
Harbaugh is an idiot.

:lol: I was thinking the same thing....:lol:

Phenomenal TJ
02-27-2011, 04:17 PM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/12/1/128726144607865209.jpg

SteelerDave74
02-27-2011, 07:32 PM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/12/1/128726144607865209.jpg

My goodness if that doesn't give you a sick feeling of seeing this, I don't know what would. UGH. :eek1::eek1:

bensshoes
02-28-2011, 05:33 AM
Harbaugh is an idiot.

I tend to disagree Harbaugh is a good coach and the Ravens are the best competition we have in the north to consistantly keep us honest. that is why these games are always so great! I commend him for supporting his QB and trying to strengthen his team not a year at a time(Bungles) and not ever (Browns) but for the long haul. Do i want him and his Ravens too beat the Steelers, NO. But competition is a good thing.

cmerrifield
02-28-2011, 06:25 AM
My favorite part about this is that Harbaugh is wrong. Flacco sucks moving in the pocket. I watched something on nfl.com about how the Falcons beat the Ravens and they said Flacco is a spot QB. If you get him off his spot his accuracy goes down. His passer rating is above 100 when on his spot, but like 50 or lower cant remember, when he is moved off his spot. He will never be a move around make plays kind of QB.

bensshoes
02-28-2011, 11:28 AM
My favorite part about this is that Harbaugh is wrong. Flacco sucks moving in the pocket. I watched something on nfl.com about how the Falcons beat the Ravens and they said Flacco is a spot QB. If you get him off his spot his accuracy goes down. His passer rating is above 100 when on his spot, but like 50 or lower cant remember, when he is moved off his spot. He will never be a move around make plays kind of QB.

I'd buy that one and he dosen't see the corner/safety blitz coming, just ask Troy!