PDA

View Full Version : Heeeeeeeee's BACK!! (Bruce Arians)

LatrobePA
02-25-2011, 01:23 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81e79072/article/steelers-oc-arians-will-sign-oneyear-deal-to-stay-in-pittsburgh?module=HP_headlines

TampaSteelGirl
02-25-2011, 01:29 PM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!

Guess the Superbowl loss didn't mean one thing there....:thinking:

xBlitzBurghx
02-25-2011, 01:30 PM
Shoot me

LatrobePA
02-25-2011, 01:31 PM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!

Guess the Superbowl loss didn't mean one thing there....:thinking:

Another year of his BS!!:banging:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-25-2011, 01:33 PM
Oh joy, oh bliss...atleast it's 1 yr deal :rolleyes: Why can't he just retire already :evilshake:

steelers4life66
02-25-2011, 01:54 PM
No surprise.... I think we all knew that was coming.

harpo
02-25-2011, 01:58 PM

Yep, no surprise at all.

bensshoes
02-25-2011, 02:06 PM
A one year deal thats a little odd? I know coach Lebeau was looking at a year at a time but don't the Steelers usually extend by 3 year spurts? I'm not complaining but just wondered.

steelersbabex25
02-25-2011, 02:27 PM
FO, here's a collective f you from Steeler Nation :bigfinger:

hit 'n run
02-25-2011, 02:28 PM

Yes, but why??

Rampage
02-25-2011, 03:16 PM
Yes, but why??

A real OC would be an unfair advantage. The Steelers figure it gives other teams a chance to compete.

:tt02:

Scorp
02-25-2011, 03:49 PM
Ignorance is bliss. :grin1: Hey, Arians you pathetic play calling bastard. Here's to ya. :banana:

KSSteelerfan
02-25-2011, 10:26 PM
Please BA just retire now...........

andyg1984
02-25-2011, 10:55 PM
it was the WR screen that sold them .. or maybe it was the run to the right..

LatrobePA
02-25-2011, 11:07 PM
it was the WR screen that sold them .. or maybe it was the run to the right..

Bubble screen into press coverage...

andyg1984
02-25-2011, 11:16 PM
what about the telegraphed deep ball .. that is awesome too ..

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-26-2011, 12:00 AM
He's back ,even if we feel he is terrible, because we keep winning...pure and simple. If we would have 2 or so losing season he may get fired or not renewed. I mean honestly in spite of his play calling, all we do is make the playoffs year after year...Isn't that what the STEELERS are supposed to do?? :stirpot:

SteelerDave74
02-26-2011, 12:13 AM
Arians here is what I think of you. :bigfinger:

coldrolled
02-26-2011, 08:56 AM
F*** No one else wanted him.. We let him sit for a month on the open market.. Why didnt any other team interview him??

Big clue... He sucks... F*** ing ruin my weekend... im going skeet shooting...

Raleigh Steel
02-26-2011, 09:12 AM
ATTENTION DEFENSE! arians will be the OC for another year. that means it is up TO YOU, to hold the opponents under 20 points!

now, there are going to be some tough times ahead...you're gonna be on the field A LOT! you're gonna get 3 plays of rest after you make a stop. so when you come off the field...catch your breath quickly and get ready to get back out there.

also, on occasion, you will be required to get a turnover or score to get the team a victory. and by "occasion" i mean weekly.

and lastly, you will not be given the credit you so surely deserve, because if you can drag that wreck of an offense to the super bowl again, BA will be given major props for his "genius".

now get out there and get the ball back!!!!!

steelersbabex25
02-26-2011, 12:30 PM
what about the telegraphed deep ball .. that is awesome too ..

or the delayed handoff in our own endzone.

andyg1984
02-26-2011, 03:37 PM
as far as BA is concerned its all about safety in that part of the field ..

HUNT4SEVEN
02-27-2011, 12:10 AM

Yea what she said, this BS is just plain ridiculous:cursin:

Real Deal Steel
02-27-2011, 01:13 AM
No surprise. One more year of the idiot.

86WARD
02-27-2011, 09:56 AM
lol @ people that want him gone this year. With the CBA the way it is and the possibility a lockout could occur into the summer, Arians and LeBeau coming back is HUGE for this team and gives them a big advantage over teams with new coordinators and coaches. If the Steelers lost Arians this past week instead of him signing for one more season and a lockout occurred, it would be virtually impossible to run an offense if the season started with 2 weeks of preparation before the first game. lol...

Arians may be as vanilla as they come, but at least it's a stable situation for the team right now.

coldrolled
02-27-2011, 10:14 AM
lol @ people that want him gone this year. With the CBA the way it is and the possibility a lockout could occur into the summer, Arians and LeBeau coming back is HUGE for this team and gives them a big advantage over teams with new coordinators and coaches. If the Steelers lost Arians this past week instead of him signing for one more season and a lockout occurred, it would be virtually impossible to run an offense if the season started with 2 weeks of preparation before the first game. lol...

Arians may be as vanilla as they come, but at least it's a stable situation for the team right now.

Let arians coach and design his plays..... Just let someone else call and control the play calling... Not every OC calls the plays.. Arians should be one of those. try that for a year.

steelersbabex25
02-27-2011, 10:55 AM

lol @ people who don't want him gone this year.

KSSteelerfan
02-27-2011, 06:27 PM
lol @ people who don't want him gone this year.

:yellowthumb:

LatrobePA
02-28-2011, 09:31 AM
lol @ people that want him gone this year. Arians may be as vanilla as they come, but at least it's a stable situation for the team right now.

LOL at this comment! WTF are you smoking? The guy is a joke, and this offense will again sputter all season long under his direction!

Rampage
02-28-2011, 10:52 AM

I can understand where you are coming from. Maintaining that continuity from year to year is important. The problem is that Arians oftentimes calls poor games that are unacceptably mundane. While he may be a source of stability off the field, he is a source of weakness on it.

I would much prefer a new coaching prospect that will call good games and tell Ben to shut up if/when he starts whining, not try to be his friend.

steelersbabex25
02-28-2011, 02:55 PM
I can understand where you are coming from. Maintaining that continuity from year to year is important. The problem is that Arians oftentimes calls poor games that are unacceptably mundane. While he may be a source of stability off the field, he is a source of weakness on it.

I would much prefer a new coaching prospect that will call good games and tell Ben to shut up if/when he starts whining, not try to be his friend.

I'm not getting where this whole idea of stability is coming from. BA is the farthest thing from stable for everyone but Ben Roethlisberger.

LatrobePA
02-28-2011, 05:03 PM
I'm not getting where this whole idea of stability is coming from. BA is the farthest thing from stable for everyone but Ben Roethlisberger.

:yellowthumb::cope::tt02:

Rampage
02-28-2011, 05:33 PM

That's what I was alluding to. Aside from being Big Ben's Buddy, Arians does very little to improve this team. The only good thing is that his three-play playbook is easy for the players to understand.

steelersbabex25
02-28-2011, 05:59 PM
That's what I was alluding to. Aside from being Big Ben's Buddy, Arians does very little to improve this team. The only good thing is that his three-play playbook is easy for the players to understand.

Exactly. The worst thing that would happen if BA were to go would be Ben's inevitable hissy fit. No big deal. He'll get over it.

steeldoc
02-28-2011, 08:26 PM
It's not that bad..remember Joe Walton with Bubby Brister, the O was so complicated that Bubby routinely ran into someone from his own team every game. Or the Ray Sherman Kordell mess? Or Gilbride and any qb here who played under him. Even Earnhart had an unbelievably predictable O...23 versions of the draw play. Players make the plays, and coaches coach. I like the steelers odds always. :cope::cope::cope:

coldrolled
03-03-2011, 10:57 AM
There is still hope... This sounds so temporary... We will sign you but you dont need to goto the combine... Maybe were picking all defense... Or maybe Arians Sucks at that too....

ARTICLE.. They could not make it much shorter or more exciting.... Like Yeah.. Hes back or something...

Arians signs one-year contract with Steelers

Wednesday, March 02, 2011
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Offensive coordinator Bruce Arians, whose contract expired after the season, has signed a one-year deal to return for the 2011 season.

The Post-Gazette reported last week that Arians, who was excused from attending the NFL combine in Indianapolis, intended to sign a contract and return for his fifth season as offensive coordinator.

Rampage
03-03-2011, 11:15 AM
There is still hope... This sounds so temporary... We will sign you but you dont need to goto the combine... Maybe were picking all defense... Or maybe Arians Sucks at that too....

ARTICLE.. They could not make it much shorter or more exciting.... Like Yeah.. Hes back or something...

Arians signs one-year contract with Steelers

Offensive coordinator Bruce Arians, whose contract expired after the season, has signed a one-year deal to return for the 2011 season.

The Post-Gazette reported last week that Arians, who was excused from attending the NFL combine in Indianapolis, intended to sign a contract and return for his fifth season as offensive coordinator.

Maybe they'll just give him a shiny red ball to play with out by the street to keep him occupied on draft day.

LatrobePA
03-03-2011, 12:55 PM
Get rid of his *** Tomlin!!

Scorp
03-03-2011, 04:29 PM

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11061/1129106-100.stm#ixzz1FZflJ7VY

This is all they wrote because even in the newspaper he's a freakin wste.

nuclearchihuahuas
03-03-2011, 05:26 PM

Thank you steelersbabex25 for taking the initiative. Your efforts are appreciated and applauded! :reddevil: