PDA

View Full Version : first rd offensive linemen vs Defense

JollyRob68
02-20-2011, 11:28 PM
What offensive linemen should be on the Steelers radar in the first round? What Defensive players would you take in the first? What linemen don't fit our Scheme, what is our blocking scheme?

PeachStatesteeler
02-26-2011, 09:35 AM
O-Linemen:
1. Pouncey FLA
1A. Cannon TCU
1C. Carimi WIS

D-Linemen
1. Smith CB Colorado
1B. Taylor DT Baylor

Tyvon Smith from USC is a reach at best in the first round. Only 285LBS and way overrated.

Callax
02-26-2011, 09:50 AM
O-Linemen:
1. Pouncey FLA
1A. Cannon TCU
1C. Carimi WIS

D-Linemen
1. Smith CB Colorado
1B. Taylor DT Baylor

Tyvon Smith from USC is a reach at best in the first round. Only 285LBS and way overrated.

1 Smith CB
1A Pouncey C/G
I agree for the most part,but of me wants to see Pitt trade a pick or 2 next year to get Smith AND Pouncey
need CB's and F/A pickups would help alot!!

JollyRob68
02-27-2011, 02:39 PM
I've sen mocks where Smith is going early. It seems the Steelers are mocked with Aaron Williams in the first, Ras I Dowling or Curtis Brown in the 2nd. I liked Brown at The Senior Bowl as well as Richard Sherman( Sherman in the 3rd but he played like a 2nd rounder)

Phenomenal TJ
02-27-2011, 05:14 PM
I'd take Brandon Harris at the end of the first as well, DB from Miami.

JollyRob68
02-28-2011, 04:58 PM

We'll see how the corners & safeties do tomorrow. I like Richard Sherman as a sleeper later in the draft.

coldrolled
03-01-2011, 12:00 PM
I've sen mocks where Smith is going early. It seems the Steelers are mocked with Aaron Williams in the first, Ras I Dowling or Curtis Brown in the 2nd. I liked Brown at The Senior Bowl as well as Richard Sherman( Sherman in the 3rd but he played like a 2nd rounder)

of these names curtis brown is looking quick and ready to go today... Brown will not see #63

Chris Culliver also... 2nd at #63...

--- Added 3/1/2011 at 10:00 AM ---

we have 5' 9 players. we need 6+

he is good.. but short again.

andyg1984
03-01-2011, 01:24 PM
harris is not undersized imo...you cant compare him to Peterson, Prince or Smith imo in terms of size

andyg1984
03-01-2011, 08:52 PM
speaking of bigger DB's i wish i could have seen Ras-I-D in some of the drills today ..

JollyRob68
03-03-2011, 04:25 PM
speaking of bigger DB's i wish i could have seen Ras-I-D in some of the drills today ..

RAs pulled up with a tweaked Hammie again.

andyg1984
03-03-2011, 05:18 PM
yeah, thats why i wanted to see what he looked like in the drills

JollyRob68
03-04-2011, 04:01 PM
yeah, thats why i wanted to see what he looked like in the drills

OK. I think RAs will Slip to the 3rd unless he has a monster pro day.
I like Aaron Williams Texas in the first if a top rank Oline doesnt slip.
Then if Ras slipped in the 3rd you snatch him up.

nuclearchihuahuas
03-04-2011, 04:59 PM
I don't think Pouncey makes it down to 31 in the first. We have a better shot at getting Carimi at Tackle. The secondary could be taken care of through free agency if the Rooney's would consider it. Still, drafting a CB and DE in the second and third in that order would be useful.

andyg1984
03-04-2011, 09:55 PM
OK. I think RAs will Slip to the 3rd unless he has a monster pro day.
I like Aaron Williams Texas in the first if a top rank Oline doesnt slip.
Then if Ras slipped in the 3rd you snatch him up.

Williams is an interesting one because he makes a case to move to FS if things did not work out at DB or he might just make a good DB to begin with..sounds like a good problem to have.. I will be surprised if RID slips to our 3rd pick ..

JollyRob68
03-10-2011, 05:17 PM
RID is an injury concern. They were making comments(reporting comments being made about him) at the combine. we already have that with Bmac but if he was there in the 3rd you take him.

--- Added 3/10/2011 at 03:17 PM ---

I don't think Pouncey makes it down to 31 in the first. We have a better shot at getting Carimi at Tackle. The secondary could be taken care of through free agency if the Rooney's would consider it. Still, drafting a CB and DE in the second and third in that order would be useful.

As long as your not thinking we should sign Nnamdi? Steelers aren't going to do it. People keep mentioning it and thinking fantasy football. Thats not how the steelers do business. I can see them signing Fabion Washington and Al harris(not as starter).

I see them moving Ike to safety, Drafting young CB's to go along with Butler ( and new coach Carnell Lake) and Trading Ryan Clark to Arizona for a 2nd or 3rd pick.