PDA

View Full Version : The Somber Post

chisteeler
02-20-2011, 01:54 AM
Hey guys and gals,
I know that I rarely post (Not to concerned 'bout post counts) anyway, I just want to say that I continuously read all the posts and enjoy the updates about FA and other office moves concerning the team. However, the reason for my post is that I am sitting in my Steelers room and I'm looking at my pictures (8x10) of my son and me, that we take each opening season and if the Steelers make the Super Bowl we take a picture at the beginning of the game or at half time, (depending on my mood or the score). The kicker is this... I am so disappointed that the picture that I put up next is when my wife gets it back from Shutterfly that it is going to be be a pic of a father and son that have a face of gloom.

That is what I love about our Nation...we take it personally, and second best is never good enough!

I just hope my son gets over it sooner than I do...but then again, he's only 4.

Go Steelers! :cope:

Phenomenal TJ
02-20-2011, 02:11 AM
Second place is indeed the first loser.

Deviouz1
02-20-2011, 03:13 AM
Hey guys and gals,
I just hope my son gets over it sooner than I do...but then again, he's only 4.

wow LOL

Beginning of game:

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad268/OMFGJUSTGIVEMEANACCOUNT/Steelers001.jpg

End of game:

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad268/OMFGJUSTGIVEMEANACCOUNT/Steelers003.jpg

poor little guy :(

but :tt02: forever!!!

KSSteelerfan
02-20-2011, 08:09 AM
wow LOL

Beginning of game:

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad268/OMFGJUSTGIVEMEANACCOUNT/Steelers001.jpg

End of game:

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad268/OMFGJUSTGIVEMEANACCOUNT/Steelers003.jpg

poor little guy :(

but :tt02: forever!!!

Way cool pics...How awesome...:yesnod: :yellowthumb: :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-20-2011, 10:27 AM
It's what we do, we take the Steelers personally. People who aren't Steeler fans just really never quite get it. I feel your pain on every level, believe me. While most of us have returned to our normal lives since the Super Bowl, the sting is all too evident when we see a Packers jersey at the store or see a reference to the Super Bowl on TV.

Life goes on but we won't forget this one, that's for sure.

jnes1216
02-20-2011, 11:11 AM
It's what we do, we take the Steelers personally. People who aren't Steeler fans just really never quite get it. I feel your pain on every level, believe me. While most of us have returned to our normal lives since the Super Bowl, the sting is all too evident when we see a Packers jersey at the store or see a reference to the Super Bowl on TV.

Life goes on but we won't forget this one, that's for sure.

Well said

SteelDad
02-20-2011, 11:52 AM
Those are fantastic pics!! We Steelers' fans are definitely a rare breed. We deal with wins and losses differently than any other franchise IMO because we tend to be among the most educated fans. We will all wonder just what might have been had we not turned the ball over 3 times, but it is what it is. 2011 can't get here soon enough!

Clevelandsux
02-20-2011, 05:54 PM
Ya but people accuse us of being frontrunners too. I'm dissapointed as hell that we lost the Super Bowl, it still upsets me even two weeks later. But, I still love my steelers and very proud of them. Hopefully they'll remember the bad taste in there mouths after losing the sb, then go and use it as motivation to win it all next year (if there is one).

Scorp
02-20-2011, 06:37 PM
Priceless pictures. Very great. We all or most of us share your pain in the loss. Can you use a good laugh? Here is one of my many lame jokes.

Why was the blonde sitting on the roof?
She heard drinks were on the house.

Yeah, go ahead and throw your rotten vegetables at me.

KSSteelerfan
02-20-2011, 07:05 PM
Priceless pictures. Very great. We all or most of us share your pain in the loss. Can you use a good laugh? Here is one of my many lame jokes.

Yeah, go ahead and throw your rotten vegetables at me.

Good one Scorp.............:hilarious:

hit 'n run
02-20-2011, 08:14 PM
... one of my many lame jokes.

It's funny, really, for a lame joke. However, you misspelled one word:

"She" - the male pronoun is spelled "he". Therefore, "He heard drinks were on the house."
Get it?

Lots of blonde boys out there... smile, y'all!