JollyRob68
02-19-2011, 01:46 AM
2 Robert Sands or Duenta Williams 3 Will Rackley or John Misfit
5 Sione Fua. 6. Alex Henery 7 Aldolfo Smith smu

MDSteel15
02-19-2011, 01:59 AM
2 Robert Sands or Duenta Williams 3 Will Rackley or John Misfit
5 Sione Fua. 6. Alex Henery 7 Aldolfo Smith smu

Are you serious? Sands in the 2nd? Isn't it John Moffit? And Fua is probably a DT not a NT...

Deviouz1
02-19-2011, 05:22 AM
Ellis probably shouldnt be such a high pick. he's good but in the 3rd? i dunno man, im thinking 4th/5th.

and GLlyod jr? 7th or undrafted FA. his blown out knee (MCL/ACL in '09) is my concern. from what i understand it was a pretty serious injury and while i would have said middle rounds pre-injury, i would have a hard time drafting him at all for any other reason than bloodline and nostalgia.

and i seriously doubt Smith will still be around at 31.

JollyRob68
02-19-2011, 01:11 PM
Are you serious? Sands in the 2nd? Isn't it John Moffit? And Fua is probably a DT not a NT...

Sorry for the misspelling( auto phone made adjustment) John Moffit.
Yes Sands, We lack speed,height. He has Speed,Height and Hits Like Clark & Troy. We need guys that can stick to WR like flies to Sh*t. Fua is a NT.

IF, we can get 1 OL in free agency,1 DE(marcus Spears) in free agency we can get the rest in the draft.
I would spend the first two rds on Defense,Rd3 on Oline,4 on WR/TE RD5 K Alex Henery, RD6 on Defense RD 7 Offense.

It all depending on who falls in rd 1? IF Cam Heyward,Phil Taylor, AAron Williams,Brandon Harris or Rahim Moore are available. I'd take them over the 5th or 6st OL. Who do you select from that list? Steelers need to get young & faster on Defense NOW. My Selection is 5 tech Cam Heyward because of the injuries to Aaron Smith and Hammies of Bret keisel. Cam Heyward will rotate ASAP

Mr. Goosemahn
02-20-2011, 02:38 AM
Yes Sands, We lack speed,height. He has Speed,Height and Hits Like Clark & Troy. We need guys that can stick to WR like flies to Sh*t.

Sands does not have speed. At least not that I know of. I expect him to run somewhere between 4.5 and 4.6, which is not bad, but nothing great either. And I agree that Sands would be a reach in round 2. I'm not completely against reaching for a player, but I'm just not feeling it with Sands. And Sands would absolutely never play man coverage. Ever. He wouldn't be able to keep up with any receiver, except maybe some tight ends. Plus, in our current system, we don't need safeties that excel in man coverage, we need safeties that excel in zone, as that's what they play, mostly. CB's take man much more often than our safeties do, S's help over the top, which is why Clark is always 20 yards off the LOS. Troy, well Troy is Troy, they let him roam around and kind of pick his assignment, even though he undoubtedly has one when the play starts.

If the CB's are struggling (like they did vs. NE and GB) then Troy has no chance to play in the box and he too helps over the top, leaving TE's and others open. That's why Gronkowski absolutely raped our defense when he played us.

It all depending on who falls in rd 1? IF Cam Heyward,Phil Taylor, AAron Williams,Brandon Harris or Rahim Moore are available. I'd take them over the 5th or 6st OL. Who do you select from that list? Steelers need to get young & faster on Defense NOW. My Selection is 5 tech Cam Heyward because of the injuries to Aaron Smith and Hammies of Bret keisel. Cam Heyward will rotate ASAP

Hmm, that's a solid list of players. I'd take Brandon Harris over Aaron Williams, so I guess that leaves AW out. Harris isn't as big as Williams is, but he's good in run-support and is good in man coverage too, which is what we need. Taylor is really elevating his stock, but I wouldn't pick him with both Harris and Williams still there. NT is a future need, no doubt about it, but CB is an immediate need. Finally, Cam Heyward. I really like this guy as a 5 tech. He offers virtually nothing as a pass-rusher, but we don't need him to. He'd be the #4 behind Hood, as I think Hood backs up both positions (might even take a starters spot, will definitely compete for one). I still take Harris though, I really, really like the guy.

As for Rahim Moore, he'd be a good pick for us, but in the second. He's got exactly what we need in pass defense, IMO, a centerfield with fantastic hands and good in zone, but he's a hard-playing softie. He gives his best effort but just can't deliver a big hit.

So for me, it'd be Harris. I think it's easier to find a good 34 DE later in the draft than a good CB.

Also, it kind of surprised me you want Moore in the first and Sands in the second, considering they're completely different types of players. Just a thought. :lol:

andyg1984
02-20-2011, 09:35 AM
I am thinking now that Pouncey (Bears, Giants), Harris (Baltimore) and Heyward (NE, NYJ) are all gone by 31 ..

i might guess Phil Taylor to be our pick now - the team that may take him off the board .. NYJ, KC (KC in a trade back right ahead of us) ??

if that happens i am afraid we pick moore or even kerrigan

Mr. Goosemahn
02-20-2011, 12:01 PM
I am thinking now that Pouncey (Bears, Giants), Harris (Baltimore) and Heyward (NE, NYJ) are all gone by 31 ..

i might guess Phil Taylor to be our pick now - the team that may take him off the board .. NYJ, KC (KC in a trade back right ahead of us) ??

if that happens i am afraid we pick moore or even kerrigan

I'd have no problem with Kerrigan if that's how the situation plays out, he's a great teammate, great all around football player, hard worker, and a talented pass-rusher. But I seriously doubt he gets past Tampa Bay in the first, unless of course he blows this week.

JollyRob68
02-20-2011, 07:40 PM
I love what you wrote. Great explanations. I said Moore over sands based on him being compared to a young Brian Dawkins. What I saw of Sands I'm expecting a good 40 time. I think we Def need Cb but our Dline NT & DE are old as well as Ryan Clark plus he's slow. We got torched because were old & slow. Id like to get Brandon Harris. I just think better penetration would free up our LBs and take pressure of CB. Thanks for the feed back.