PDA

View Full Version : "Mr. Cheapshot" aka Rodney Harrison not happy.

Ambridge
01-04-2007, 03:12 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs06/news/story?id=2716954

ESPN.com news services
On Sunday, the Patriots were fuming over what they considered an intentionally dirty block by Titans receiver Bobby Wade on Rodney Harrison. On Monday, the team learned it might be without its star safety for the rest of the postseason.

According to the preliminary diagnosis, Harrison suffered a sprained medial collateral ligament in his right knee that is expected to keep the 13-year veteran on the sideline for the Patriots' playoff opener against the New York Jets on Sunday, the Boston Herald reported on its Web site Monday night. Citing unidentified sources, the paper reported that the injury is a mid-level MCL sprain and could keep Harrison out of action for 2-4 weeks. The Super Bowl is in five weeks.

Harrison was hurt when he was blocked by Wade during the second quarter of the Patriots' 40-23 win over Tennessee. Harrison went to the ground and slapped the turf after Wade's helmet appeared to hit Harrison's right knee in a low block. Harrison walked off the field on his own.

On Tuesday the league announced that NFL director of officiating Mike Pereira has reviewed the play and deemed it legal.

Harrison did not agree with Pereira's assessment.

"He wasn't just trying to block me," Harrison was quoted as saying in The Herald. "He dove at my knees intentionally. He was trying to hurt me. The whole play was dirty."

The block happened near the Titans' sideline. Titans coach Jeff Fisher, co-chairman of the NFL's competition committee, didn't see the block but said it's permissible for a receiver to block low.

"I don't know what the issue was. It's unfortunate that Rodney did get hurt. I hope he's OK, but receivers block low all the time in this league," Fisher said.

For Harrison, Sunday's injury is merely the latest in an injury-filled season. He began the season not fully recovered from last year's injury to his left knee, and then broke his shoulder blade in early November, an injury that forced him to miss six games.

Rodney Harrison-One of NFL's All-Time Cheapshot Artists complaining about a dirty hit.

DIESELMAN
01-04-2007, 03:45 AM
I seen the replays on that play. The Pats need some cheese to go with that whine. Don't they say "protect yourself at all times"? Harrison made a somewhat lazy lookin shuffle move like he was going to tangle with Wade but then he eased up. Meanwhile Wade thinkin Harrison is coming after him drops down to block him below the waist not below the knees. I think Harrisons pride and ego are at play here cuz he got flipped in the air by a WR. Suck it up Big Boy!!!!!

AZ_Steeler
01-04-2007, 10:25 AM
I can't believe he would be getting so upset about somebody throwing a "cheap shot" that's how he's made a name for himself in the league! I hope he retires soon cause I'm sick of him!

House of Steel
01-04-2007, 10:53 AM
Harrison is the dirtest scumbag in existance when it comes to dirty hits. He should cover his mouth and swallow his whining.

Callax
03-15-2009, 03:56 PM
I know this is way past the time to respond, but who the hell cares if he claims a CHEAT SHOT.... WWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
This is so the pot calling the kettle black ( not a racial comment for you P.C. bitches)
Guy that distinguishes himself for all the cheap shots he dished out, now he cries like a little biatch when the shoe (or block) is on the other knee...
Just retire you has been and never will be lame *** pseudo safety

Silverback 92
03-15-2009, 08:06 PM
roids fried that boys mind it appears

Dean Denton
03-16-2009, 11:48 AM
I hope it still hurts.. I hate that dirty bastard. Even if it was a cheap shot, I would have never seen it that way. I see what I want to see. Just like with Kimo...lol