PDA

View Full Version : Anyone re watch the SB?

madtowndrunkard
02-15-2011, 10:58 AM
I just did. I'd recommend doing it your self. I saw a completely different game the 2nd time. First of all I was sober...so I'm sure that had something to do with it. Secondly my emotions weren't through the roof. I saw what was really going on....and it was what I thought, but even more obvious.

What I saw was a very tentative QB.... almost scared looking in the first quarter. It appeared Ben was one step behind the rest of the team. Like he was emotionally over whelmed is my guess? Which of course produced some sloppy play on offense. 2 turnovers early instantly turned that game into something that should have never happened. Everyone wants to say Mendy's fumble was the killer...lt was the final nail that sealed our coffin...but it was definitely not the reason we lost. Ben's 2 INT's took us away from our running game. That is what killed us. If we were able to stick to the game plan and eat up clock in the 1st half (even if we didn't score) the packers also would have had few points. I suspect we would have at least produced 2 FG's...if not TD's in the first half....plus subtract a pick 6. We should have gone into the 3rd quarter with a tie or maybe even a lead.

IT was very clear that we were dominating the Packers up front. Our running game should have / could have taken over that game. We had an opportunity to (dare I say) easily win that game. By the time Ben got his head into the game, Mendy fumbles the ball and game over.

It was also pretty obvious to me that our play calling on that last drive was classic Arians. Going deep when you only need 5-10 yards.... really a stupid decision but it's something Arians does all of the time. At that point why are we not using Ward, Heath, and more Mendy running right? 4 and out was completely on Arians. The defense was playing back to prevent the big play.

The rest of it, was just Ben playing sloppy. He was pretty bad against the Jets as well...in both games Ben missed wide open WR's on several occasions.

Props to the Packers because they were flawless. They took advantage of mistakes and made no crucial mistakes them selves. You often see teams with 21 point leads make big errors to let the other team back in. You did not see that. You saw the Steelers force their way back in because they were clearly the superior team in every way but at QB. The Packers did the only thing they could have..... they allowed the steelers to lose the game....and made enough plays to seal the deal. I will say Rogers accuracy was pretty impressive. He was hitting WRs' with rockets and right on target. I think our defense did it's part considering just how good Rogers was throwing it.

I predict the steelers #1 priority will be OT.... the Packers #1 priority will be DE.

LatrobePA
02-15-2011, 11:20 AM
Hell NO, I haven't had the NFLC on since the loss, I even walked out of the game, I had no idea who won MVP for a few days after!

AZ_Steeler
02-15-2011, 11:23 AM
Yeah... easy to do when you were there to watch it live :)

BlitzburghRockCity
02-15-2011, 11:51 AM
Yeah... easy to do when you were there to watch it live :)

YOU SUCK!! :lol:

Honestly no I haven't watched it again. i plan on it at some point possibly. I was glued to the TV and online the whole time so it's still fresh in my mind.

Phenomenal TJ
02-15-2011, 12:08 PM
Nope. I analyzed it as it was going on, and was pointing out how scared Ben was playing, lol.

LarryNJ
02-15-2011, 12:16 PM
You saw the Steelers force their way back in because they were clearly the superior team in every way but at QB.

Many were freaking out before the game that people were saying they would rather have Rodgers than Ben in a big game. Well in this game they were right. Ben played well below how I thought he would most of the year. I really expected him to come back from the suspension on fire and have a "GREAT" year. The team had a very good year but in the end Ben failed to make it a great year.

I doubt that I'll ever watch a replay of that game.

SteelDad
02-15-2011, 12:16 PM
Can't do it. Like nails on a chalkboard. At some point, I'll go back and look at some of the offensive tape just becasue I'm curious about a lot of the decision-making by Ben and the play design.

andyg1984
02-15-2011, 12:27 PM
no way .. have even avoided sportscenter

pimplydan
02-15-2011, 01:03 PM
I watched it . Yes the whole offense didn't start off well , Ben was off for some reason . Heinz looked miserable during the coin toss and the national athem .
Despite going down 14 zip , the steelers made a game out of it . Even with 3 turnovers to none we came a TD short to winning this game . We shoot ourselves in the foot for sure . It just seemed that it was not meant to be .
Maybe the taught of being a dynasty effected some of our guys , who knows , but they didn't play steeler football .

Rodgers played very well , he had his A game going . Anything less we still could of won this thing .
Very sad watching it again because you ask yourself how can so many things go so wrong ?
We would be in heaven had we won this one 3 for 3 in the past 6 years """"

SteelCityKid5
02-15-2011, 01:14 PM
No and never will

steelersbabex25
02-15-2011, 02:47 PM
Hell NO, I haven't had the NFLC on since the loss, I even walked out of the game, I had no idea who won MVP for a few days after!

I still don't know who the MVP was. Had to be Aaron Rodgers though, am I right?

Agree with your entire post mad, except for the part where you said Ben seemed "overwhelmed." He seemed underwhelmed to me.

JollyRob68
02-15-2011, 02:53 PM
They looked like they never been there before. Scared and Sloppy. Ben never looked for the check down s on that final drive that were open. It wasn't about Arians & Ben trying to make Ben an MVP. Its time to move on from Arians or for Mike Tomlin to put his 2 cents into how he wants a power offense. They abandoned the Run when we ran 5 times and TD.

WASTED OPPORTUNITY

Troy was hurt and should of came out of the game. Team first. He couldn't push off that ankle.
I watched the video interviews after and losing Sanders messed up their game plan. He was the game plan. Check the videos out on Steelers.com

Troyisabeast_43
02-15-2011, 03:04 PM
I did end up rewatching and it was very painful to relive once again. We can still sit here and analyze this game until we are blue in the face about how we could have and should have won and it wont make a damn bit of difference. The Packers simply were the better team that day and the Steelers made too many key mistakes in the game and simply didnot get it done... The bottom line is the game is over and we as fans here at some point have to get over it and move on from it because there is nothing any of us or the Steelers organization can do about it now. We gotta live with it and deal with it for the entire off-season and it doesnt feel good one damn bit it still hurts a ton....

TampaSteelGirl
02-15-2011, 03:18 PM
Can't........

Goodfrom55
02-15-2011, 03:40 PM
My only observations were it seems like Ben was force-feeding Wallace the bal when other guys were open. and #2 and to me the most important observatios, WHERE AND WHY WAS BEN NOT WEARNING THE GLOVE THAT HE HAD WORN SINCE NOVEMBER? I honestly believe that had almost everything to do with his accuracy and sailing the ball high issues which plagued the Steelers all game.

IMO, this will forever be SuperBowl XLV - The one they gave away.

kgreen
02-15-2011, 04:00 PM
My only observations were it seems like Ben was force-feeding Wallace the bal when other guys were open. and #2 and to me the most important observatios, WHERE AND WHY WAS BEN NOT WEARNING THE GLOVE THAT HE HAD WORN SINCE NOVEMBER? I honestly believe that had almost everything to do with his accuracy and sailing the ball high issues which plagued the Steelers all game.

IMO, this will forever be SuperBowl XLV - The one they gave away.

Much like Super Bowl XXX...............

Clevelandsux
02-15-2011, 05:16 PM
Watched it again, don't know why. Still same result.

Scorp
02-15-2011, 05:30 PM
Kinda makes sense to me. Doesn't mean much now that the game is waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy over. Nicely posted.

Rampage
02-15-2011, 07:03 PM
That would be like getting kicked square in the nuts and going back for another round.

No thank you.

steelers4life66
02-15-2011, 07:46 PM
Haven't watched it again and probably never will.

steelchamp204
02-16-2011, 12:00 PM
Ben is not a great superbowl qb, yea he did a great thing against the cards a few years back,bt if we need to put the game on his should with more than 35-45 pass attempts, were going to lose. If it wsnt for that cardinal drive to win, he pretty much sucks *** in the superbowl, probably one of the worst of all time.

TampaSteelGirl
02-16-2011, 12:19 PM
That would be like getting kicked square in the nuts and going back for another round.

No thank you.

:rofl: I don't have any nuts but yes I would agree!!!

xBlitzBurghx
02-16-2011, 01:01 PM
I will never watch it again. It breaks my heart.

Goodfrom55
02-16-2011, 05:25 PM
After watching it agin, it's like I have closure. the 1st time was likr a blur, but the 2nd time allowed me to see all the plays the Steelers left on the field. 3 turnovers, a pick-6, a missed FG and only lost by 5 points? Makes me wonder if the better team really won the game.

WindyCityShaker
02-16-2011, 06:06 PM
After watching it agin, it's like I have closure. the 1st time was likr a blur, but the 2nd time allowed me to see all the plays the Steelers left on the field. 3 turnovers, a pick-6, a missed FG and only lost by 5 points? Makes me wonder if the better team really won the game.

I don't think I'll ever say the better team won this one.........What I will say is the team who had the juicier match up won the game; as will any team that has 4 above average serviceable receivers. Most any team with a good quarterback that game plans to spread us out and not go toe to toe with us has an above average chance to beat us. The exception to this rule seems to be Indianapolis maybe because of Peyton's lack of mobility, overrated offensive line, or the fact that their plays on a whole take longer to develop than say the Pat's short rhythm game.

I think we would have beaten any of the NFC teams save GB and MAYBE New Orleans. Sure we left plays on the field and still ended up with a chance to win, but GB left a lot out there too. Until our secondary catches up we'll be at a distinct disadvantage to teams like the Pats and GB. If a team wants to try and out-physical us, play the game in a phone booth so to speak I'll take that match up every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

steelersbabex25
02-16-2011, 06:33 PM

The better team didn't win the game. If the Packers were the better team they would have crushed us with all the gifts that we gave them.

kgreen
02-16-2011, 08:18 PM
The better team didn't win the game. If the Packers were the better team they would have crushed us with all the gifts that we gave them.

The Packers were the better because they made fewer mistakes. Championship teams don't turn the ball over 3 times.

mos07
02-16-2011, 09:07 PM
I did not watch tv, listen to the radio, check the internet. I still have not watched SB , or turn on my cell til TH.....I basically withdrew from society for a few days. I am slowly recovering, but have no plans ever to watch it. I have never watched SB XXX - never plan on watching that either.

steelersbabex25
02-16-2011, 09:17 PM
The Packers were the better because they made fewer mistakes. Championship teams don't turn the ball over 3 times.

If the Packers were as good as everyone projected them to be, the Steelers wouldn't have had a chance at the end of the game.

LarryNJ
02-16-2011, 09:57 PM
If the Packers were as good as everyone projected them to be, the Steelers wouldn't have had a chance at the end of the game.

They were 2-3 point favorites. So they were actually better than projected. There's no doubt that the difference was Rodgers was MUCH better than Ben.The rest of the 2 teams were pretty even. I'd guess that was the reason they were favoed too. The bookies knew Ben wasn't what we thought.

SteelerCountry58
02-16-2011, 11:49 PM
No,can't watch that again. It would be similar to watching a
boxing match with you're favorite fighter going the distance in
a slugfest only to be TKO'd in the last round under two minutes.:evilshake:
No looking back,it's done. We'll be back!:cope:

steeldoc
02-17-2011, 07:14 AM
Probably not. What 's to rehash? They played great, the Steelers not so. They did to the Steelers what the Steelers
have been doing to teams for years. Play better, get turnovers, and hang on to win.

RW318
02-17-2011, 03:34 PM
You saw the Steelers force their way back in because they were clearly the superior team in every way but at QB.

You're joking right? The Packers dropped at least three MAJOR passes those WRs would have normally caught (two of those would have probably gone for TDs on drives that ended in punts).

The Packers were literally crippled with injuries to that defense in the second half...and they still held ground and made the plays when needed. That's what the superior team does.

Sugarcoat all you want but the better team won that game. (without their best corner (was it both their starters at CB?), a banged up safety and random other injuries to their D (all in that game...not over the season). Donald Driver too...almost forgot about him.)

Deviouz1
02-17-2011, 06:43 PM
I did not watch tv, listen to the radio, check the internet. I still have not watched SB , or turn on my cell til TH.....I basically withdrew from society for a few days. I am slowly recovering, but have no plans ever to watch it. I have never watched SB XXX - never plan on watching that either.

uuuugh. i watched it (XXX) live. theres NOTHING i hate more than losing to the dallas cowgirls. it just makes my blood boil. to this day i hope i never meet odonell. it would take a heroic dose of restraint to not rip his throat out with my teeth. i would say the same about Ben but there are two lombardis in the case that he was a part of. note the term "a part of" rather than "because of". Ben is and always will be perfect for the steelers as long as the majority of his passes are play action. our biggest mistake of this SB was getting away from steelers football. run it down their fn throats and make em eat more. then hit em with a surprise play action occasionally to keep em honest. when we get away from that we lose when it counts.

jnes1216
02-17-2011, 07:31 PM
Rewatch? No. It took me this long to even come back on this site let alone rewatch that debacle.

NorCalSteel
02-17-2011, 08:09 PM
Yes I rewatched it only because I got a little hammared during the Game. The offense choked, they had a ton of chances to make plays and didnt. the Defense played well enough to win the game. The special teams couldnt make a play to save there ***. After I watched it I erased from my DVR and still think the Steelers could have easliy won that game. Four straight Punts for GB in the third QTr and the offense still couldnt get it right. Why would we use ward in the clutch :rant2:

hit 'n run
02-17-2011, 09:12 PM

__________________________________________________ ___
As I posted on this site the morning after (Blue Monday the 7th) -> Our guys GAVE this one away. It's not "sugar coating", it was theirs to lose...

And making fewer mistakes is not a valid standard for a championship team.

P.S.
To Deviouz1:
O'Donnell got his when he left the Steelers to QB the Jets, where he had the career-killing season of his life. After he collected his 6 million $$$ signing bonus from the chump Jets,,,

steelersbabex25
02-17-2011, 09:28 PM
Ok, ok. After I'm completely deprived of any sports (AKA after the Penguins season ends) I'll probably watch it again.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-17-2011, 09:48 PM
The more I think about this, the more I'm thinking I will never rewatch it. Knowing how close we game and how many turnovers we had, it just irritates me to even think about it now. I think I'd feel better if we just got blown out, atleast then I would know for sure we were in over our heads. The fact that we did so many bad things and still had a chance to win in the last 2 minutes is the worst...

Scorp
02-17-2011, 11:37 PM
I will rewatch it soon and it still won't hurt knowing the packers will win the third time around. That's just the way it goes in any sport. One team will win and the other will lose.

KSSteelerfan
02-17-2011, 11:49 PM
no need to watch it again...the outcome will still be the same.....

hit 'n run
02-18-2011, 02:34 PM
...as soon as Havana freezes over, that's when I'll watch XLV again.

NHStlrfan
02-18-2011, 02:53 PM
Assessment seems pretty spot on. It wasn't the defense that lost this one. Ben was average at best. I'm an unappologetic Arains basher and this is just one more reason he has to go. He NEVER sees what's going on to make adjustments. It's always HIS gameplan or bust. Well, we see what his gameplan does when the QB is average.