PDA

View Full Version : Another Week! UGH!

K Train
01-03-2007, 03:54 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2717313
Steelers chairman Dan Rooney and team president Art Rooney II met Tuesday with Bill Cowher and asked Cowher to make an immediate decision on whether he will resign after 15 seasons as head coach of the Steelers. Cowher had hoped to take up to a week from the end of the season before making a decision.

However, indications after the meeting are that Cowher has been given until the beginning of next week to make his decision. Cowher is expected to work as a television analyst this Saturday for NBC Sports.

A team source told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that the Rooneys believe Cowher likely is going to walk away, and therefore they want to start the process of finding a new coach, in part because their in-house potential replacements, offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt and assistant head coach/offensive line Russ Grimm, are potential head coaching candidates for other NFL teams.

The Steelers granted permission to two NFL teams to talk to Whisenhunt and Grimm. The Arizona Cardinals will talk to both both coaches while the Atlanta Falcons will talk to Whisenhunt only. Both teams fired their head coaches on Monday.

The 49-year-old Cowher, whose tenure with the same team is the longest of any current NFL coach, began weighing retirement shortly after the Steelers won the Super Bowl in February. He is signed through 2007 but, for the first time since being hired in January 1992, could not work out an extension.

TampaSteelGirl
01-03-2007, 04:02 PM
Bet the Rooneys are losing their minds at the thoughts of everyone possibly leaving!!!

AZ_Steeler
01-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Another week!!! :cursin: This feels like that long 2 week wait we had before the Super Bowl!!!

TampaSteelGirl
01-03-2007, 04:18 PM
Ohhh! that was horrible!!

Captcoolhand
01-03-2007, 04:31 PM
TSG- you are becoming like HOS, a real hijacker:scratch: :bigthumb: :lol: :hilarious:

Troyisabeast_43
01-03-2007, 05:17 PM
This is all about money here with Cowher and if he says it isnt or anybody else says otherwise they are full of ****. You keep hearing Cowher say he has to talk to some people and talk to his wife and blah blah blah and stuff. Why would he talk to his wife about this. He has known what he has been wanting to do for almost a year now. Make no mistake about it this is a money issue and Cowher is trying everything in his power to get one last big offer from the Rooney's here within the next week that will put him right up there as one of the highest paid coaches in the league. Cowher basically until he makes a final decision here is holding the Steelers hostage in terms of them being able to go out and search and interview coaches if Cowher does indeed decide that he is going to leave. The bottom line is this is still a money issue when push comes to shove. I think Cowher knows right now what he wants to do and its very frustrating that he is holding out like this for another week. He owes the Steelers an answer to what he is going to do ASAP. I do expect him in my opinion to make an official announcement Monday and I think he is going to leave.

Ambridge
01-03-2007, 06:47 PM
This is all about money here with Cowher and if he says it isnt or anybody else says otherwise they are full of ****. You keep hearing Cowher say he has to talk to some people and talk to his wife and blah blah blah and stuff. Why would he talk to his wife about this. He has known what he has been wanting to do for almost a year now. Make no mistake about it this is a money issue and Cowher is trying everything in his power to get one last big offer from the Rooney's here within the next week that will put him right up there as one of the highest paid coaches in the league. Cowher basically until he makes a final decision here is holding the Steelers hostage in terms of them being able to go out and search and interview coaches if Cowher does indeed decide that he is going to leave. The bottom line is this is still a money issue when push comes to shove. I think Cowher knows right now what he wants to do and its very frustrating that he is holding out like this for another week. He owes the Steelers an answer to what he is going to do ASAP. I do expect him in my opinion to make an official announcement Monday and I think he is going to leave.

I agree.
The Rooney's need to get the process rolling in order to find a new head coach and all Bill Cowher is doing is throwing a monkey wrench in the works with his cat and mouse routine.
He could potentially do more harm to the Steelers with this little "I need more time" stunt.

IMO the Rooney's need to make the decision for Bill Cowher and announce that he's stepped down and that the organization is moving ahead.

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Funny thing is I heard. Another week was given. Seems Cowher has his eye on other jobs. As the rumor goes.

Steeler RN
01-03-2007, 08:04 PM
There are at least 3 head coaches making more money than Cower, and he as the best record, can't blame him for wanting more money.

Troyisabeast_43
01-03-2007, 09:30 PM
I dont blame him for wanting more, but the bottom line is he needs to decide what he wants to do here so that the Rooney's can go out ASAP and interview people who want the job if he is not coming back. If anybody believes for one second still that Cowher still doesnt know what he wants to do and that he has to talk to his wife and family still to decide?? Gimmie a break. If anybody believes that still then you have to be a complete and total idiot.

House of Steel
01-03-2007, 09:34 PM
TSG- you are becoming like HOS, a real hijacker:scratch: :bigthumb: :lol: :hilarious:

:bigfinger: You know something Capt, GROW A BRAIN!!!!! :nahnah:

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-03-2007, 09:36 PM
:bigfinger: You know something Capt, GROW A BRAIN!!!!! :nahnah:

Children play nice now are your both going to time out. :nahnah:

House of Steel
01-03-2007, 09:40 PM
Yeah I know. I need to cool off.

TampaSteelGirl
01-04-2007, 09:55 AM

Ummm..is that good or bad? I wanna be bad!!! hehehehehe!

Captcoolhand
01-04-2007, 10:14 AM
Ummm..is that good or bad? I wanna be bad!!! hehehehehe!
Hijacking is when you change the thread from its original Subject:yesnod:

House of Steel
01-04-2007, 10:59 AM
Capt is a damn good pro for that one!!! He is definitely a good hijacker at it.

Captcoolhand
01-04-2007, 11:33 AM
Capt is a damn good pro for that one!!! He is definitely a good hijacker at it.
And I tried to leave your name out of it:willybs:

House of Steel
01-04-2007, 11:34 AM
Hey Capt, you have a problem denying the truth too. :nahnah:

Captcoolhand
01-04-2007, 11:39 AM
:blah: :blah: :blah: :sleepy:

TampaSteelGirl
01-04-2007, 11:41 AM
Hijacking is when you change the thread from its original Subject:yesnod:

Oh,i was trying to see where I hijacked it! I was replying to AZ Steeler...

House of Steel
01-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Don't deny the truth, YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH :bigfinger: :nahnah:

Captcoolhand
01-04-2007, 11:47 AM
TSG- See what I mean? Who's the real hijacker here? i won't tell you HoS but I'm sure you can figure it out!:bigthumb: :lol:

TampaSteelGirl
01-04-2007, 11:50 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA! You crazy boys!!! :hilarious:

House of Steel
01-04-2007, 11:59 AM
Shut up, Capt. You just keep looking like an *** and denying it. Your the one that hijacked it, I am just going along with the flow.

TampaSteelGirl
01-04-2007, 12:34 PM
:girlfight: :girlfight: :girlfight: :girlfight: :girlfight: :girlfight: :girlfight:

Steelerlyn
01-04-2007, 01:12 PM
LOL back to the topic, Chris you are soooo right. It is about money with all of them and nothing else, all the rest of the BS talk is simply a red herring. :bigthumb:

Steelerlyn
01-04-2007, 01:15 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07004/751251-100.stm

DIESELMAN
01-04-2007, 07:55 PM
As hard as it may be for some people. The thing to do right now and you got maybe 3-4 days to do it, is to get it in your head that Cowher is not coming back. No wishful thinking, no miracle "he'll change his mind". Its over, time to plan for the future without Cowher.....:helmet: