PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben vs. Kobe Bryant

Three Four
02-13-2011, 03:46 PM
So many people were relieved that the white hat Greenbay Packers won the Superbowl instead of those evil black hat steelers. The media did a go job of playing up the good vs. evil in this title fight. The packers could do no wrong. The steelers could do no right. so it was only fitting that the Steelers played one of their worse games of the year in the SuperBowl. Poetic Justice. Very little was made of Clay Matthews steroids allegations. USC teammate Brian Cushing has confessed. Time to clean the dirty laundry on the Packers. That doesn't sell tickets. Anyway, a true steroids investigation would condemn half or more of the leagues players. The NFL is all about safety now isn't? The league picks and chooses its battles. The NFL hung Big Ben out to dry.

The hypocrisy in the media goes even further with the rape allegations leveled at Big Ben. We may never really know what happened down in Georgia. The media has exploited the event far beyond on what is necessary. Yet, Kobe Bryant's rape allegations have all been but forgotten. The Lakers have gone on to win additional tittles. The questions have stopped about what happened at the Vail Resort hotel.

Bryant's situation was much more serious because first the woman pressed charges and second, Bryant was married .

In Ben's case, the woman did not press charges and Ben is not married. That does not stop the media and the NFL to find him guilty and then attempt to destroy him and paint the steelers as an evil team. Only if Ben leaves, can the team be redeemed. Yet the Lakers are near the top of the conference and are looking for another title.

Goodell could have called his friends in the Media to tone down the rhetoric about Ben. He is married to Jane Skinner. Goodell didn't. He decided the Good Vs. Evil battle was more beneficial than protecting Ben and the Steelers. In Roman times, NFL emperor Goodell put his thumbs down and fed Ben to the media wolves.

Many have said that as long as Ben is QB, that the steelers don't deserve to win another Superbowl. Yet, these are the same people that cheer when the Lakers win. It's hypocrital. It's not right. These are the times we live in. It's easier to build someone up and then watch them fall. This is great drama. But it's not healthy and destructive.

Ben has proven that he is a real man, and I believe he has changed his ways. I'm all about giving him a second chance. The best way to final redemption will be to win another Superbowl and prove his critics wrong.

Go Steelers! 2011 is for number 7.

chisteeler
02-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Goodell can lick my sweaty sack!

steelers4life66
02-13-2011, 04:48 PM
:clap: Nice post dude. Welcome to SA.

Speeed
02-13-2011, 05:18 PM
All kinds of other shenanigans going on in the league; manslaughter, DWI's, 17 year girlfriends, sexting to offended recipients, sexual assaults, etc. no problem. Just don't get convicted and you are safe. You can lie, mislead, and just ignore the leagues toadies and you are safe.

Just don't try to atone for your self, you will pay.

SteelDad
02-13-2011, 06:11 PM
You have to remember that Steelers have been THE class orgainzation of the NFL for decades and when there is any opening to go after them the haters will strike. Shame on Ben for giving them the huge opening they had, but don't forget, a lot more goes into this stuff than most of us stop to contemplate. Things like race, image, bank-a-bility are all factors and ignoring them is ignoring the issue. Had GB had to have dealt with the Mark Chmura incident in this day and age it would have been every bit as big as Ben's issues or Kobe's. GB is not without incidents. They have had their share from 'Dumptruck' Davenport to the Favre saga. Ben is doing all the right things now and let's hope that continues.

Scorp
02-13-2011, 06:36 PM
I back Ben 100%, Kotex Bryant can take a f-in hike. I just don't give a sh!t for him or the sorry Flakers. A very nice post Bro. Only the football part.

Farrior Fan
02-14-2011, 03:18 AM
http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/062010/haters-14.jpg

If Ben was the QB of some worthless organization like the redskins this would have never made the front page.

Dumptruck Davenport? I thought it was Dookie? And remember we took him under our wing for a little while.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Im so over this whole Ben off season issue, if the media wants to harp on it that's their business. Any Steeler fans this is old news, Ben will always be treated differently as will the Steelers in general. It's just how it is as long as Goodell is in charge.

LatrobePA
02-14-2011, 01:04 PM
In my eyes Ben did nothing wrong other than poor judgement. So this is a dead issue for me as well as many others!!

Kobe is a slimey cheating *** prick, Ben isn't married so you can't even compare the two.

steelersbabex25
02-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Im so over this whole Ben off season issue, if the media wants to harp on it that's their business. Any Steeler fans this is old news, Ben will always be treated differently as will the Steelers in general. It's just how it is as long as Goodell is in charge.

Seriously. Isn't this all over and done with now? We're coming up on a year since "the incident." A year? Really? We're still talking about this a year later? Time to move on.

airbrake 1
02-14-2011, 07:59 PM
Thank god the inquisition of ben finally appears to be over...i will hold my breath until the 2011 season starts...i can really see the media trying to bring it back up next year (as long as there is a next year)... But now we have a new story , let us see how the media reacts to the mark sanchez situation...it's really beautiful that this sleazy 17 year old girl knows how to find out if it's legal for sanchez to get with her... i hope when sanchez is done with this tramp... she's a complete wreck...ready to take the bridge...she wants to play with the big boys she had better be ready for the big boy fall...sanchez will dump her like the hoe she is and then she will show up on TV talk shows dressed up like daddy's little princess looking for sympathy and the really screwed up thing is that she will probably get it...well she'll get none here ... go take that bridge baby

bensshoes
02-15-2011, 04:01 AM
The Media and the NFL in general are haters and don't want too see the Steelers win another championship it just rubs their noses in the fact that we do it right here in Steeler nation and have for a long time.

Phenomenal TJ
02-15-2011, 05:02 AM
Hate is love in the media. I'd have a hard time believing that Ben Roethlisberger wasn't the most searched name in sports over the past year, because of that incident. Doesn't mean much. Give it another year and it'll only be brought up by people that really hate Roethlisberger and the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Kobe Bryant's incident is generally only brought up now, when people run out of things to say to detract from his play on the court, and sooner or later it will be the same with Roethlisberger.

Don't let it get to you, or it'll drive you nuts as a fan.