PDA

View Full Version : Saban leaving NFL for Bama

DIESELMAN
01-03-2007, 12:31 PM
Sporting News has learned that Miami Dolphins coach Nick Saban will take the Alabama head coaching position.

Saban returns to the SEC after coaching the Dolphins for two seasons. He coached LSU from 2000-2004, guiding the Tigers to the 2003 BCS national championship.

Cool....once they say I'm not leaving unless they fire me its a done deal.

AZ_Steeler
01-03-2007, 12:34 PM
He can kiss his NFL days good bye because he will probably never be given the opportunity again!

With Saban leaving though, I'm really concerned even more now because the Cardinals are already talking to Grimm and Whiz and now the Dolphins will probably be looking at them as well!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-03-2007, 12:34 PM
Wow I honestly didn't think he was going to leave this soon. Guess his heart will always be with the NCAA.

Steelerlyn
01-03-2007, 12:40 PM
I pretty much knew this would happen, I know Saban, he coached at Michigan State and he is all about the money, the more money he is showen, that is where he goes. Bama offers 40 million over 10 years as opposed to 4.5 million a year with the Dolphins, (Cowher makes 4 million a year and he is longest tenured coach in the NFL, how would you feel if a rookie NFL coach was making more than you are?)
Saban left with three years remaining on his five-year contract with the Dolphins. He made $4.5 million annually.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AoGYnf71aKM5HLdVNzKhjoY5nYcB?slug=jc-sabanleaves010307&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

BlitzburghRockCity
01-03-2007, 12:44 PM
Contract with 'bama for Saban: 8 years, 32 million dollars according to NFL network.

Steelerlyn
01-03-2007, 12:48 PM
I aqdded the link from yahoo sprts where I read it, it also says there are variable structures within the deal that Alabama put on the table.

Maybe the link did not come through here it is again http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AoGYnf71aKM5HLdVNzKhjoY5nYcB?slug=jc-sabanleaves010307&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Steelerlyn
01-03-2007, 01:02 PM
Just heard on ESPN that Saban had an emotional meeting with the Dolphins and he accepted the Bama job, the details were 8 years 32 mil all guaranteed money:)

One saga that is closed. This should make the guys and the staff at LSU feel real good. This is all they will talk about tonight:)

DIESELMAN
01-03-2007, 01:13 PM
show me the money or show me the door.....:helmet:

Ambridge
01-03-2007, 01:18 PM
I'm sure the SEC just loves seeing Nick back in the conference but I think it's a pretty easy prediction that once he gets Bama back to the National Championship stage maybe in 3-5yrs that he dumps the Tide and goes elsewhere.

Heard some angry Dolphins fan refer to him as "Suitcase" Nick. :bluelol:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-03-2007, 03:31 PM
Absolutely, you can't trust a word that man says. He goes on press conferences stating time and time again. "I'm not going to Alabama" "Im not taking the Alabama job" then, well oh by the way, Im leaving for bama this morning, see ya !!!

If the fans think he's going to be a savior they got a long wait coming, that program needs help and the SEC is as tough a conference in the NCAA that you'll find. It will be far from easy.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-03-2007, 03:50 PM
Nick Saban is a better college coach then NFL coach anyway so it was the right move for him. But Bama might not be the right team. The Alabama progam isn't what it used to be.

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-03-2007, 06:02 PM
It was no serect Saban was going to jump. Saban was not happy in south florida. Cowher to fins hmmm

House of Steel
01-03-2007, 10:57 PM
That is a huge blow to the face of the Dolphins. I would be in an uproar if I was a Dolphins fan. Don't let the door kick your *** clear to Alabama NICKO. What a damn douchebag!!!

Steelerlyn
01-03-2007, 11:31 PM
It is not the fact that he left the Fins that bothers me at all. It is the fact that as recently as 2 weeks ago when he was questioned by a reporter just doing his job and who had a good lead that he was going to AL, asked Saban about it and $$$$$$$$$Sellout Saban$$$$$$$$ jumped all over him telling him in a very rude and emotional manner that he was not at all interested in that position, he was a Dolphins coach, etc, etc, etc. His lieing and talking down to people is what bothers me. He could have nicely answered the reporter's question telling him that at this point he was only interested in talking about the Dolphins and then after the season was over Saban could have said he reevauluated his position and felt he was a better NCAA coach and was going to take the AL job. He could have done anything but out and out lied. That man has burned more bridges than most do in a lifetime.

He did the exact same thing at Michigan State to go to LSU, he left overnight, he did the same to LSU and to the Fins and if someone comes along to offer him more guaranteed money he will also leave AL.