PDA

View Full Version : Loss Lingers For Ward

SteelDad
02-09-2011, 09:19 AM
Great article not so much for the content, but for the proof of what warriors these guys really are when you look at the surgeries they will have. Unreal.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11040/1123988-66.stm

SteelerDave74
02-09-2011, 09:35 AM
Wow. I didn't realize so many of them are hurting bad. I guess the Steelers like to keep quiet on things.

steelersgal86
02-09-2011, 10:32 AM
Hines:tt02:

LatrobePA
02-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Good read, I wonder if Ben was invited to 51's house??

BlitzburghRockCity
02-09-2011, 01:29 PM
Nice to see some of the guys get together to talk and vent, and start working on putting this behind them. Ward will still be big part of this offense for as long as he wants to play. Im glad he's coming back.

Scorp
02-09-2011, 01:31 PM
Makes me feel good about all this. One more year for 7.

Blazedby92
02-09-2011, 01:40 PM
Ward coming back is A very good thing, not so much for unexpecting defensive opponents

Scorp
02-09-2011, 01:52 PM
Can't blame him or any other of the players. They want to win a 3rd championship. Hope this offseason goes by fast.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-09-2011, 04:15 PM
Good read, I wonder if Ben was invited to 51's house??

I can't imagine he wasn't. I'm sure it was an open invitation to whoever wanted to join. Farrior is a team leader and has opened his house to the team many times for meetings, film sessions, etc.

K Train
02-09-2011, 04:24 PM
i wish hed retire personally...he keeps sanders and brown off the field more often then he should at this point in his career. hes just not the player he used to be, sucks he couldnt get his third ring but hes the kind of guy theyd never cut he has to walk away

cmerrifield
02-09-2011, 04:27 PM
i wish hed retire personally...he keeps sanders and brown off the field more often then he should at this point in his career. hes just not the player he used to be, sucks he couldnt get his third ring but hes the kind of guy theyd never cut he has to walk away

I hear you, but I am glad he is staying for one more year, I think the young guys could use one more year with Ward as player before he becomes the WR coach. I do think that Ward and Farrior will have to start seeing reduced roles if they both come back. Foote and Randle El had to this year. Next year it needs to be them.

Goodfrom55
02-09-2011, 04:31 PM
TEAM. Through the good times and the bad times, they stay together and make each other stronger, more unified. NFL BEWARE the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2011/2012.

pimplydan
02-09-2011, 05:01 PM
Your sorta right with were your going about Ward taking playing time from the young guys.
But one more year will help these guys out , they will still learn and Ward is by far the best blocking receiver. Plus with all the injuries that can happen in a season , he isn't too much .
We have seen more shotgun sets naked shotguns this year , so they can all be out there .

K Train
02-09-2011, 05:11 PM
i do still kinda consider WR a need, which is why i will PRAY that julio jones drops to 31. if you thought ward is a good blocker, wait til you see that man get his hands on a defender.

what we dont need is slot guys...we have too many of them now if you include ward.

id be all for drafting jones, a big play, physical who is a terror after the catch.

id even be ok bringing back plax for a year

Clevelandsux
02-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Are u kidding? Ward played a helluva game. One of the few that did. Randle el of all people played well also. Be careful what you wish for.

Goodfrom55
02-09-2011, 06:55 PM
I think my head would explode if they drafted a WR with the 31st pick.

Don't forget, Ward put up those average numbers without Ben for the 1st 4 games.

I honestly believe whether or not the Steelers win the Super Bowl next year, if Hines get 1,000 career receptions, he will retire.

K Train
02-09-2011, 10:19 PM
id be totally fine with julio at 31....hes my #1 WR this year and BPA reigns supreme

ward needs to retire...so does farrior, its just time to move on

DanRooney
02-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Dick figures Farrior is good enough to cover Greg Jennings. He'll never leave.

Real Deal Steel
02-09-2011, 11:10 PM

I love Hines. But it's time for him to move to his second career. He's inhibiting the growth of the younger WR's.

Clevelandsux
02-10-2011, 06:12 PM
This was by far the worst loss I ever endured as a Steelers fan. Worse than sb 30, or any playoff loss. Worse than any loss to the Browns. I was just certain we would take #7 this year. I never thought the Packers would beat us. This one will take a longtime to get over. But, if we bounce back next year it will be soon forgotten.

jd1000
02-10-2011, 10:45 PM
He can, and deserves to play. Glad he is coming back. The man is a WARRIOR!!!

JD from Utah

Scorp
02-10-2011, 11:40 PM
Till the wheels fall off baby. Go out on top.

KSSteelerfan
02-10-2011, 11:53 PM
What a tough gritty hard nosed blue collar team..makes me glad to call myself a Steeler fan. :imho::cope::tt02:

SteelDad
02-11-2011, 08:44 AM
I think my head would explode if they drafted a WR with the 31st pick.

Don't forget, Ward put up those average numbers without Ben for the 1st 4 games.

I honestly believe whether or not the Steelers win the Super Bowl next year, if Hines get 1,000 career receptions, he will retire.

We are NOT the Lions! We have needs far greater than WR right now.

steelchamp204
02-11-2011, 10:10 AM
Farrior needs to go, Yea he had a good season, but hes going to get scortched next year with the pass and such, I want to see sylvester in there, its time for him to shine.

harpo
02-11-2011, 10:42 AM
Farrior needs to go, Yea he had a good season, but hes going to get scortched next year with the pass and such, I want to see sylvester in there, its time for him to shine.

Farrior and Clark make the calls on defense (heard this from LeBeau's lips), so I expect them both to be back next year. Timmons is being groomed to make the defensive calls, I would assume and you can expect to see Sylvester get more playing time next year.

Rampage
02-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Farrior and Clark make the calls on defense (heard this from LeBeau's lips), so I expect them both to be back next year. Timmons is being groomed to make the defensive calls, I would assume and you can expect to see Sylvester get more playing time next year.

This is what I hope happens. The coaching staff cannot be naive. Clark and Farrior will eventually be gone or injured, and then what are you going to do? It would be nice to see them start grooming some of these young guys so that they can step in without being completely lost out there, otherwise this team will be completely hosed.

harpo
02-11-2011, 12:20 PM
This is what I hope happens. The coaching staff cannot be naive. Clark and Farrior will eventually be gone or injured, and then what are you going to do? It would be nice to see them start grooming some of these young guys so that they can step in without being completely lost out there, otherwise this team will be completely hosed.

Yep, I totally agree. :yellowthumb:

Clevelandsux
02-11-2011, 07:07 PM
I think Aaron Smith is done. The guy was a helluva player, but Ziggy Hood proved he is worthy of being his successor. The guy is just injured too much and has become a liability.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-11-2011, 07:14 PM
We are NOT the Lions! We have needs far greater than WR right now.

Exactly. The Steelers are not going WR in this draft unless it's a late value pick.

Keeping this one on topic, this loss will longer for awhile for these players but they will get over it far quicker than us fans do. They will get back to work after the draft and start getting into mode for 2011. It will be a big motivator for them for sure.

They go back to their mansions and 100K vehicles after the season is over. Many of them are back in their home towns now in their 2nd houses, or vacationing in the tropics. ;)

Rampage
02-11-2011, 07:16 PM
The thing is, this could be good. We know that they play like feces after winning the Super Bowl, maybe they'll be better after losing.

HUNT4SEVEN
02-13-2011, 12:28 AM
"It's tough," Ward said. "I was really depressed. I didn't want to watch TV because all you saw was Green Bay and stuff. It hurts more I think because we had an opportunity to win the game. This is why i didn't take the loss so hard myself, because WE blew the game ourselves...

Ward will return for his 14th season in 2011, but it was still good for him to hear coach Mike Tomlin does not want him to retire.Tomlin loves his veterans SMH...

"He just told me it's not even an option, so don't even think about it. He wants me back. I just have to get away. Once I get all my surgeries cleaned up, I'll come back fresh. I'll feel better. I've been playing with that all year long.I wish he would retire also and become our WR coach we have alot of young talent that needs to be on the field, and Hines would make the perfect WR coach

Dr. James Bradley, the team's orthopedic surgeon, will have a busy three weeks as players rush to get their surgeries before their insurance runs out with the expected March 4 lockout. Players cannot even visit the trainers room for rehab once they are locked out.The lock out is coming because the greedy @$$ owners want more money, hell even if they have a lock out the owners stilll get paided from the TV contract...