PDA

View Full Version : An Empty feeling inside is a tough pill to swallow...

Troyisabeast_43
02-07-2011, 10:51 PM
I tossed and turned all night as I went to bed last night around 130 in the morning, and all I thought about yesterday during the day was going out and celebrating for a good majority of the night on Sunday night, and then waking up early Monday morning and buying my Steelers championship merchandise,hat,shirts,pennants,posters you name it. I had it all planned out in my head on Sunday during the entire day starting when I woke up early Sunday morning. I thought about a million times in my head how my Sunday night and Monday morning and Monday afternoon would go, followed by the parade Tuesday. I thought about the Rooney's and Ben and Coach Tomlin on the podium getting the Lombardi Trophy and the players celebrating their 3rd championship in 6 seasons. I had a vision of it in my head 1000 times of how it would all look and how it was suppose to look. And just like that at about 10:02 last night it all got taken away and there was nothing. It was about as empty a feeling as I have had as a Steelers fan in my 25 plus years of watching this team. I know how you all felt guys last night when it was all over it was completely and totally gut wrenching...It was heartbreaking and I'd be lying if I said I didnt shed a tear or two when it was all over it was tough...

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Spent much of my day with the same thoughts...getting ready to buy some stuff and wait on the parade. When the game got over it sucked ,not so much losing but how we lost. if we play our A game and lose ,it's no big deal. When we play like crap,and give them all those turnovers it really sucks !! I'm not taking anything away from the packers, but man I feel like we gave them the game.... That's what makes this loss really suck !!

Real Deal Steel
02-07-2011, 11:00 PM
I did too.

This was a tough loss because we gave them so many points. And when we settled down, we put up 17 to their none.

If we wouldn't have turned the ball over in the second half, we would have won.

I like Green Bay and I have nothing against them personally. But we played out of character so I really don't think their a better team then us. But they got the win.

So I'll give them their props.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2011, 11:09 PM
Dude, we all thought that. Not because we were over confident really but just that the Steelers seemingly had themselves prepared and ready to go. They were in the right frame of mind, so we thought. They just don't lose super bowls...

It's a tough pill to swallow indeed, taking one like that knowing how close it was. I took off work today well in advance so hopefully we could be celebrating but alas it wasn't to be and now it just plain sucks...

Troyisabeast_43
02-07-2011, 11:29 PM
I did too.

This was a tough loss because we gave them so many points. And when we settled down, we put up 17 to their none.

If we wouldn't have turned the ball over in the second half, we would have won.

I like Green Bay and I have nothing against them personally. But we played out of character so I really don't think their a better team then us. But they got the win.

So I'll give them their props.

Even after the turnover by Mendenhall the Packers still had to go 50 plus yards to score a TD and the defense who we all had grown accustomed to getting the big stops this year and making the big play simply didnot do it. Rodgers completed big 3rd down passes to Jones, and then again to Nelson to the Steelers 4 yard line followed by the Jennings TD which looked like complete confusion going on in the secondary. Then, after the Steelers cut it to 28-25 they had the Packers 3rd and 10 after a sack by Ziggy Hood to start the drive and they let Rodgers complete a 3rd and 10 pass right over the middle of the field for 37 yards to Jennings. Those were the moments in the game where the Steelers defense like it did all season needed to rise up and make a play and they just failed and failed miserably to get the job done...I seriously kept waiting for Harrison or Troy to make a big play in that 4th quarter on defense because it had happened all year and you thought that it was once again going to happen last night. But it didnt and the Steelers defense really had a huge huge letdown in this game and never made one big play in the entire game to change the outcome...

Rampage
02-08-2011, 11:56 AM
I think it was tough to swallow because we saw this team squander so many opportunities and they did not capitalize on weaknesses present in the Packers' game that everyone could see coming in. Just like Super Bowl 35, you had to like the chances this team had, they just didn't put together a solid game.

Here's to hoping that we get another crack at the big one next year!