PDA

View Full Version : Congrats from a Packer Fan

fritz
02-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Hello All -

I just wanted to say congratulations to you and your Pittsburgh Steelers on a great season and hard-fought game.

I am a member of a couple Packer websites, and everyone on each site has said nothing but good things about the Pittsburgh organization and its fans.

You guys are classy, your organization is classy, your team is classy. It was an honor to see two great franchises matched up.

I also think Mike Tomlin is a helluva coach.

Just wanted to tell you what we Packer fans are saying.

LarryNJ
02-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Thanks,
Enjoy your parade and being champs for a year. You guys deserve it. See you next Feb! ;)

franchise3
02-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Hello All -

I just wanted to say congratulations to you and your Pittsburgh Steelers on a great season and hard-fought game.

I am a member of a couple Packer websites, and everyone on each site has said nothing but good things about the Pittsburgh organization and its fans.

You guys are classy, your organization is classy, your team is classy. It was an honor to see two great franchises matched up.

We appreciate it. Same to you guys. Great season you guys had, fun SB for everyone but the Steelers fans. Here is to playing you in more SBs in years to come... :yellowthumb:

LarryNJ
02-07-2011, 08:31 PM
You should send us gifts for giving you so many Pittsburgh connected coaches. I'll take http://www.beermonthclub.com/

:lol:

Farrior Fan
02-07-2011, 08:32 PM
If we play ya'll again can you please turn the ball over? At least once?

Enjoy the title.....because we will hopefully be coming back for it next year.

Great job by your boys in the biggest game of the season.

SteelDad
02-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Watch out!! LarryNJ is on a roll!!!

Lunchbucket
02-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Congratulations to Green Bay,You guys deserved to win this one,hope to see ya this time next year.

SteelerDave74
02-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Hello All -

Classy Post. I congratulate you and the Packer fans for a hell of a Super Bowl. You all deserved that win. Live it up and enjoy the Championship. Hope we see you all back next season.

Rampage
02-07-2011, 08:46 PM
Cool post dude. Savor the moment because fans from both these teams know that crazy things can happen at any time. Green Bay played a hell of a game and earned the hardware.

Clevelandsux
02-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Congrats GB. You deserved to win the championship. No excuses here from me, you were the best team yesterday. You have a great young team, and should for many years to come. Who knows we could meet again in the near future in the SB. We'd like to return the favor. LOL.

Real Deal Steel
02-07-2011, 10:05 PM
Hello All -

Thank you so much. I've liked the Packers as a franchise for a long time and I respect the history of the Packers and their fans.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2011, 10:05 PM
You earned it, you forced turnovers and turned them into TD's. The difference in the game no question. Enjoy, we'll be back...

franchise3
02-07-2011, 10:20 PM
This thread to me is the perfect example why we have the best fans. We lost the game and everyone is so nice to the Packers fans. I try the same at the Packers forum and received about 10% love and read bunch smack about Steelers.

Good job steeleraddicts!

Prosdo
02-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Congrats on the win. Enjoy the win and everything that comes with it. It is an amazing experience as a fan. I loved every moment celebrating our last two.

igor0190
02-07-2011, 11:38 PM
I like the Packers because Kevin Greene was one of my favorites when he played for Pittsburgh... He is just one of the 9 coaches GB has that either played for the Steelers, or lived near Pittsburgh and cheered for the Steelers. Packers run the same 3-4 D that I love, and both have quality fans with the similar blue-collar mentality and passion for the game.

That being said, I was cheering for the Bears to Win the NFC... Just because I knew how tough of a game the Packers would be.

Phenomenal TJ
02-07-2011, 11:40 PM
Major props to you for coming over here and saying that bro, you guys deserve the time in the spotlight, enjoy it. It's a great feeling.

TampaSteelGirl
02-08-2011, 10:23 AM
Thanks so much for coming on the site and saying that...If we were going to lose to anyone I"m glad it was the Packers...great organization and players, coaches etc.

I was upset and very hurt our boys didn't play well but was glad to see Aaron Rodgers and Mike McCarthy get a well deserved Lombardi. Most Steeler fans I hear of don't see to be so upset because we lost to a great team. Congrats again on your win and hope to see you back again next year!!!

Enjoy your team being the Superbowl champs...it's an amazing experience!!!
God bless!!!

heknowsyouknow
02-08-2011, 02:31 PM
I like the Packers because Kevin Greene was one of my favorites when he played for Pittsburgh... He is just one of the 9 coaches GB has that either played for the Steelers, or lived near Pittsburgh and cheered for the Steelers.

well said ..was not happy about not winnin g but seeing kev get a ring put a smile on my face ...just wish he had won one in black and gold
have had a running in with a packer fan over this side of the pond and as most are was nothing put saying good things about the steelers so good on him ....and yes we will be back ...!!!

matowens13
02-08-2011, 06:56 PM
:bigthumb: i have to say, it is an honor to lose to the green bay packers because historically, with our 6 super bowl wins :helmet:, and their 4 super bowl wins, along with their 9 NFL championship wins from before the NFL/AFL merger,it was the two best teams facing each other. and even if they weren't the other best team, its still better than loosing to the cowboys like we did in our only other super bowl loss. :cowboyssuck:

--- Added 2/8/2011 at 05:56 PM ---

and also, the fact that we have gotten here and lso, means that out of the 31 other teams, only one is as good or better than us.