PDA

View Full Version : Keyaron Fox...

Troyisabeast_43
02-07-2011, 08:55 PM
I am completely done with this guy and absolutely disgusted with him after that play he committed last night on the kickoff on the final drive of the game. This is definitely not the first time Fox has been a total selfish ******* and committed personal foul penalties or dumb special teams penalties late in the game this season or a few seasons before this. But for him to do it one more time at the most critical time in the game and back the Steelers up from near the 30 yard line to close to the 10 yard line was completely and utterly inexcusable. Keyaron Fox should be completely ashamed of himself for what he did that last series, and if I am running the Steelers seeing that Fox is a free agent next year he has most definitely played his last game as a Steelers as far as Im concerned...

Rampage
02-07-2011, 09:03 PM
I had high hopes for Keyaron Fox before this season. I loved the way he played on special teams last year and he did very well filling in at MLB in games like the Vikings one. This season was completely different. He contributed nothing defensively and he did little if anything on special teams. All he did do was help this team shoot itself in the foot with regular personal fouls and holds on kickoff and punt duties. I figured his veteran presence would be good, but I am not so sure now. He is going to have a hard time making the squad next year.

Farrior Fan
02-07-2011, 09:11 PM
No way he is back next year, in the very few plays he was in this year he committed 3 stupid penalties that I can think of off the top of my head. That is only topped by Kemo, and at least Kemo played a lot.

LatrobePA
02-07-2011, 09:23 PM
I liked the guy but he set this team back at the worst possible time!

franchise3
02-07-2011, 09:25 PM
I agree with the frustration, that flag was HUGE but I didn't give up on him just yet because I've seen him play well. We need to transition from Farrior and he may be able to help in that transition period.

LarryNJ
02-07-2011, 09:26 PM
I think he cleaned his locker out today for the last time. There's NO excuse for that. Good bye dude!

SteelDad
02-07-2011, 09:29 PM
I think he cleaned his locker out today for the last time. There's NO excuse for that. Good bye dude!

Ya, I think he and Gay were competing to see who could be cleaned out faster and out of the facility.

SteelerDave74
02-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Gay and Fox overstayed their welcome in Pittsburgh. They are outta here.

LarryNJ
02-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Ya, I think he and Gay were competing to see who could be cleaned out faster and out of the facility.

I don't need a dream analysis to know what the number 22 means in my weekly nightmares this year.

franchise3
02-07-2011, 09:37 PM
The sad part is... we were having this same conversation about Gay last year too... and Arians... nothing has changed. What makes me believe something will after a much much better year? Nothing

LatrobePA
02-07-2011, 09:38 PM
I had Willie as my darkhorse pick, 2 picks one for 6....Boy was I wrong, I do think he returns though.

Just think is Nelson caught the ones he dropped, holychit we'd been burnt much worse.

Rampage
02-07-2011, 09:44 PM
I had Willie as my darkhorse pick, 2 picks one for 6....Boy was I wrong, I do think he returns though.

Just think is Nelson caught the ones he dropped, holychit we'd been burnt much worse.

Nelson and Jennings both dropped sure touchdowns. The Steelers lucked out keeping the game that close.

Big T
02-07-2011, 10:34 PM
William Gay is a good nickelback he isn't a starter.

Clevelandsux
02-07-2011, 10:37 PM
Fox isn't the only one who has done this often this year. Kemo, Scott and Flozell have pulled these selfish stunts too. Tomlin needs to get in these guys faces. Reminds me of a guy we had on our team a few years ago, Anthony Smith. The guy had great potential, but was undisciplined and selfish. Not sure he's in the league anymore. (last i heard he was with Green Bay).

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Fox done stepped in it again and as far as I'm concerned he should be showed the door...we have enough other capable backers. Gay didn't do all that bad this year and is as good a nickleback as there is ,definitely not a starter though...

Goodfrom55
02-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Might have played himself out of Pittsburgh with his ignorance. Overall, good special teams contributor, but he has to be smarter than that. Without his penalty, Ben's pass to Miller puts the ball around the 40 yard line which changes the way GB has to play defense. When the ball is on the 10, it allows the Pack to be more aggressive.

DanRooney
02-08-2011, 12:02 AM
William Gay hopefully found his way out of Pittsburgh for just being awful. I liked how LeBeau tried to be cute and sent him on a blitz 3 times (all telegraphed enough for every drunk person in the room to call it 7 seconds before the snap), all of which were easily picked up by GB's OL.

Prime said it best on the post game show. "William Gay was picked on ALL DAY."

acero
02-08-2011, 12:11 AM
at the start of the season crezdon butler raised high regards, he might fit the role of william gay next season

cmerrifield
02-08-2011, 07:57 AM
With Foote and Sylvester, Fox should be gone. He is a FA and not worth resigning in my opinion. I would like to see Sylvester getting playing time as an ILB.

UKSTEELER
02-08-2011, 08:11 AM
Fox would have been better suited to stopping the Packers attack than Farrior was, . . .

he wouldn't even be on ST then,

. . . i'm afraid we're too stubborn to make the changes needed, It's what's starting to kill this team on the defensive side of the ball.

kosmoe
02-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Really you guys try to blame everyone but the team they lost as a team Foxy's play did not cost them the game. did you even watch the same game? I guess not! Fox is the next guy to take Farrior place so you need to respect his play because he is not a captian for nothing. They are grooming this guy to be a leader, and everytime he is needed to fill in a starter spot he out performs everyone. So you might want to watch the game instead of watching for mistakes. The Steelers are a family along with the true fans we don't turn our backs on each other when it gets rough! quit being a fake fan and posting who you think needs to leave the team because maybe you need to leave the team. CLEAN OUT YOU LOCKER YOU HAVE BEEN CUT! Real fans support your team don't give up on them!

MDSteel15
02-08-2011, 12:49 PM
How about wait til the draft and see who's leaving. I think Fox is out but not Gay... :popcorn:

steelersbabex25
02-08-2011, 03:51 PM
Fox is a good special teams player, but that's all he'll ever be good for. And honestly, nobody in the NFL wants to be just a good special teams player. I put my money on Sylvester to start filling in for Farrior when he leaves, not this guy.

SteelersWoman
02-11-2011, 03:36 AM
... Reminds me of a guy we had on our team a few years ago, Anthony Smith. The guy had great potential, but was undisciplined and selfish. Not sure he's in the league anymore. (last i heard he was with Green Bay).

Yep--GB.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Smith_(safety (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Smith_(safety))

After the (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Smith_(safety)Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/wiki/Pittsburgh_Steelers) failed to tender Smith an offer as a (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Smith_(safety)restricted free agent (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/wiki/Restricted_free_agent) in the 2009 offseason, Smith was signed by the:

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Smith_(safety)Green Bay Packers (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/wiki/Green_Bay_Packers) on March 9. He was waived by the Packers on September 5, 2009. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Smith_(safety)

St. Louis Rams

Smith was claimed off waivers by the St. Louis Rams (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/wiki/St._Louis_Rams) on September 6, 2009. He was waived on November 5. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Smith_(safety)

Jacksonville Jaguars

Smith was claimed off waivers by the Jacksonville Jaguars (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/wiki/Jacksonville_Jaguars) on November 6. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Smith_(safety)

Green Bay Packers

Smith was traded to the Green Bay Packers (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/wiki/Green_Bay_Packers) October 17, 2010.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Smith_(safety)

steelchamp204
02-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Really you guys try to blame everyone but the team they lost as a team Foxy's play did not cost them the game. did you even watch the same game? I guess not! Fox is the next guy to take Farrior place so you need to respect his play because he is not a captian for nothing. They are grooming this guy to be a leader, and everytime he is needed to fill in a starter spot he out performs everyone. So you might want to watch the game instead of watching for mistakes. The Steelers are a family along with the true fans we don't turn our backs on each other when it gets rough! quit being a fake fan and posting who you think needs to leave the team because maybe you need to leave the team. CLEAN OUT YOU LOCKER YOU HAVE BEEN CUT! Real fans support your team don't give up on them!

wwwwhhhhoooooaaaaaa, Hes a special teamer man, And hes not going to take farriors spot in the lineup, Sly will take his spot in the lineup. Hes been doing this all year long. And to pull some bs when we need the ball and gave them great field position is inexusable. And when he starts he doesnt out perfrom everyone. But to call us FAKE FANS because we want a guy off the team? That makes us fake fans? I seriously hope your older than what you speak as. Noone has given up on the team, we given up on a player and last time I checked, ONE player wasnt a team.

Farrior Fan
02-14-2011, 02:14 AM
Fox would have been better suited to stopping the Packers attack than Farrior was, . . .

he wouldn't even be on ST then,

. . . i'm afraid we're too stubborn to make the changes needed, It's what's starting to kill this team on the defensive side of the ball.

Fox is not better suited to stop anything better than Farrior (see my screen name)

Killing us on D? We allowed fewer points than any other team in the league. I'm pretty sure DL has a good handle on who needs to stay and who needs to go. I liked Fox a couple of years ago but he barely played this year for a reason - he's not that good. And when he did get into a game he got stupid penalties. Sorry but that doesn't cut it here.

Mr. Goosemahn
02-14-2011, 02:45 AM
Fox is not better suited to stop anything better than Farrior (see my screen name)

Killing us on D? We allowed fewer points than any other team in the league. I'm pretty sure DL has a good handle on who needs to stay and who needs to go. I liked Fox a couple of years ago but he barely played this year for a reason - he's not that good. And when he did get into a game he got stupid penalties. Sorry but that doesn't cut it here.

Yeah, Farrior gets way too much crap, even though he's still a good linebacker. He's not as fast nor as agile as Timmons, but then again who is?

He is still our defensive captain and he will be a starter as long as he's here. His body appeared to fail him last year, but he had a good rebound season. Farrior's #1 replacement right now (in case of injury) would be Larry Foote, barring release. Foote is a very underrated run-stuffer, though not great in coverage. Not bad, but not great.

Fox is basically somewhat of a poor man's Larry Foote. He was overrated based solely on that one INT he took to the house, which was a good play in itself, but I'm pretty sure most guys in our defense could have done that, including Farrior. He didn't make the INT, it was deflected by Chester Taylor and he was in the right place at the right time. Once we got Foote, it took the team maybe 30 minutes before Foote was officially #3 behind Timmons and Farrior, followed by Fox, followed by Sylvester.

And I don't think we should discount Fox so quickly.He did make a crucial mistake late in the game, but that didn't cost us the Superbowl. Kemo's bad block which turned into a pick 6 was far more important, as was Willie Gay struggling with the deep/out throws, as was Mendenhall's fumble, as was Wallace's inaccurate deep route that could have very easily equalled 7. Fox was a special teams leader and our captain, and unless he wants a very big contract, I would not be surprised at all if we resigned him. He offers more both in special teams and defense than Stevenson Sylvester currently does, and even though SS could still improve, I don't see him surpassing Fox next year (if he's brought back). If he's not resigned, then Foote will still be our #1 ILB backup, and I guess a rookie or a FA will replace his spot on special teams.

As for our defense, the only thing killing us is not having CB's that play well in the same scheme. We need to play man-to-man, which is where Ike plays best. Unfortunately, that's where Gay plays worst (can't cover deep/out), unless he's covering a TE or the slot receiver, and McFadden is mediocre at best. Teams fully take advantage of this. They can't run on us, so they pass. Ignore Ike Taylor, and just pick on McFadden and Gay, because they will give up the yards.

If you get a guy like Champ Bailey in the offseason, our defense would be soooooo much tougher to beat. Taylor and Bailey are both excellent in man-to-man (yes, Bailey too, even with his age he is still a very, very, very good (so close to saying elite) CB in this league. He constantly blankets #1 receivers successfully, and on our defense he'd take turns with Ike for #1, or maybe just take #2. That's why getting a good CB is so important and should be our #1 priority after resigning our guys. And a huge advantage would be to get a CB with good hands, for that matter, because they'd get the picks.

Man-to-man is the most effective scheme for us, because it allows Troy to roam free, and CB's will get help from Clark over the top. On some plays we do play zone, and there's a small gap where the receiver translates from the CB to the S, and if the QB reads it and makes the throw, that is not a mistake by our players, that's just perfect execution from the offense.

--- Added 2/14/2011 at 12:45 AM ---

Fox is a good special teams player, but that's all he'll ever be good for. And honestly, nobody in the NFL wants to be just a good special teams player. I put my money on Sylvester to start filling in for Farrior when he leaves, not this guy.

Fox is not the long-term answer, he's just a stop-gap at ILB, merely depth, and a good special teamer.

Sylvester could develop into a starter at ILB though. Still needs a lot of work.

DanRooney
02-14-2011, 03:49 AM
Please stop with this myth that William Gay is a good nickel. He's a decent blitzing corner but that's it. He sucks at coverage and has no instinct at the position whatsoever.

You guys do realize we shut down #1s quite often with Ike. If Gay was any good at his job he wouldn't be targeted covering guys like Jordy Nelson.

tburg68
02-14-2011, 03:22 PM

Gay played well in nickel situations. McFadden should be gone. Fox is out, Sylvestor is the heir apparent.