PDA

View Full Version : Props to the Steelers offensive line...

Troyisabeast_43
02-07-2011, 08:50 PM
I really think they did a great job last night with pass protection and running the ball for most of the game. Legursky did a tremendous job filling in for Pouncey and containing BJ Raji who you never even heard his name called during the game. Even though Matthews had a few big plays namely the Mendenhall fumble I thought Flozell did a nice job containing him and shutting him down for most of the game. I would personally love to see Flozell Adams come back one more year and have a place on this offensive line. With guys like Pouncey,Starks,and Colon all being back most likely next season with Kemo this o-line really has a chance to take a big step forward going into 2011 I believe...

Rampage
02-07-2011, 09:05 PM
They didn't lose the game, that's for sure. For his vaunted abilities, Clay Matthews was invisible except on Mendenhall's fumble.

I am definitely one of those guys looking to see Adams back next year.

steelersbabex25
02-07-2011, 09:09 PM
They did what they could given the circumstances. Were they flawless? No. But you can't expect them to be when you have 3 backups in.

LarryNJ
02-07-2011, 09:53 PM
They may have been our weakest link during the season, but they stepped it up in the playoffs. Good job guys!

Rampage
02-07-2011, 09:58 PM
I'll tell you what, getting Kugler between seasons was one of the better front office moves in recent history. Think about what this guy could do if the line wasn't crushed by injuries.

Clevelandsux
02-07-2011, 10:42 PM
I agree, our line played well yesterday for the most part. And they were my biggest concern. We ran the ball well too.

Goodfrom55
02-07-2011, 11:53 PM
Ran the ball very well, but couldn't get into a rhythm becuase the Steelers never had the lead. Line did fine except for the Pick-6 and Legursky's whiff on Mendenhall's fumble.

SteelerDave74
02-07-2011, 11:58 PM
Great post, all of you. The O-line did much better than I anticipated this season.

igor0190
02-08-2011, 12:29 AM
Starks-Kemo-Pouncey-Colon-Flozell could be one hell of a line...

Not to mention a MASSIVE sized line...

cmerrifield
02-08-2011, 07:54 AM
Starks-Kemo-Pouncey-Colon-Flozell could be one hell of a line...

Not to mention a MASSIVE sized line...

Agreed, or Starks, Kemo, Pouncey, Pouncey, Adams would make me happy too. I also hope we keep J. Scott as a back-up. He would probably be a cheap backup T, and I thought by the end of the year he played ok

Rampage
02-08-2011, 12:00 PM
Agreed, or Starks, Kemo, Pouncey, Pouncey, Adams would make me happy too. I also hope we keep J. Scott as a back-up. He would probably be a cheap backup T, and I thought by the end of the year he played ok

I would prefer this lineup. I have yet to see any play from Colon to substantiate the claims that he is a good lineman, but who knows? Maybe if he gets back to the guard position alongside a good center and tackle he can actually play.