PDA

View Full Version : Someone PLEASE Explain This To Me...(officials calls)

Phenomenal TJ
02-07-2011, 07:28 PM
All I'm hearing is how the Steelers getting all the calls finally stopped in this Super Bowl, I understand bringing up Super Bowl XL, because, well, illegal block on Hasselbeck, lol. But, Super Bowl XLIII? Really?

DBR96A
02-07-2011, 07:31 PM
All I'm hearing is how the Steelers getting all the calls finally stopped in this Super Bowl, I understand bringing up Super Bowl XL, because, well, illegal block on Hasselbeck, lol. But, Super Bowl XLIII? Really?

Apparently, the bad calls stopped simply because people who don't like the Steelers approved of the outcome.

steelersbabex25
02-07-2011, 07:32 PM
If the Steelers had won that game, the calls wouldn't have stopped.

Phenomenal TJ
02-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Just making sure I wasn't missing something, lol.

Goodfrom55
02-07-2011, 07:55 PM
There were a couple missed calls, but overall, I thought the refs did their job.
They misssed a 15 yd facemask on green bay tackling Mendenhall and I didn't see a holding call on Flozell.

I admit, thinking back, the game was a big blur, but I really didn't see much that would have swayed the game in one direction or the other by the refs.

Scorp
02-07-2011, 08:08 PM
It's ok. Let the jealous people continue to be jealous. We still have more rings and at least Steelers were in the Super Bowl and there team was not.

Troyisabeast_43
02-07-2011, 08:18 PM
The refs had nothing to do with this game one way or the other whether the Steelers came back and won this game or not. The bottom line is this loss is going to be a tough pill to swallow for all the Steelers players and especially all of the great Steelers fans on this site and all over who are accustomed to winning these big games. It's a loss that is suppose to hurt and should hurt for a long time.

Clevelandsux
02-07-2011, 08:26 PM
The refs had nothing to do with this game one way or the other whether the Steelers came back and won this game or not. The bottom line is this loss is going to be a tough pill to swallow for all the Steelers players and especially all of the great Steelers fans on this site and all over who are accustomed to winning these big games. It's a loss that is suppose to hurt and should hurt for a long time.

I agree, I wouldve preferred they lost in the playoffs than get all the way to the sb and lose. The refs had nothing to do with the game, the Steelers didn't play well enough to win. 3 turnovers were the difference. I have no excuses. Had we won, they would have said we cheated or something. The truth is the refs, the league were against us all year. We still made it to the big show.

Troyisabeast_43
02-07-2011, 08:38 PM
I agree, I wouldve preferred they lost in the playoffs than get all the way to the sb and lose. The refs had nothing to do with the game, the Steelers didn't play well enough to win. 3 turnovers were the difference. I have no excuses. Had we won, they would have said we cheated or something. The truth is the refs, the league were against us all year. We still made it to the big show.

Im with you on everything. However, Nobody would have been able to blame the refs at all had the Steelers come back from both an 18 point deficit early on,and an 11 point deficit in the 4th quarter to win this game. The Packers were simply the better team last night fellas as painful as it is to say. They came out and executed a lot better early on in this game and exploited a lot of the Steelers weaknesses in their secondary. As I said above, it's a tough loss to take and should sting and will sting for a very long time. But as the old saying goes time heels all wounds and at some point here the Steelers organization and us fans need to get over this loss and move on from here.

Steel Trap86
02-07-2011, 08:43 PM
this topic infuriates me.

Rampage
02-07-2011, 08:49 PM
If the Packers win, it is the perfect game.

If the Steelers win, the refs gave it to them, the Steelers cheated, and Tomlin made an upper decker in the Green Bay locker room toilet.

No big deal, world keeps on spinnin'.

Farrior Fan
02-07-2011, 09:15 PM
I cannot tell you how glad I am that I haven't seen any Steeler fans whining about officiating. After XL I wanted to grab thru my puter screen and beat to a pulp all the whiney seachix fans. You don't lose by 11 because of the refs.

franchise3
02-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Hold on Miller was a bad call but I am not blaming officials for the outcome in any way

SteelDad
02-07-2011, 09:26 PM
If there is anything positive from this game in regards to the game of professional football, officiating was not an issue and there weren't any questionable reviews. Nothing to analyze but the game. Again, outcome still crappy for us, but at least no controversy.

SteelerDave74
02-07-2011, 09:30 PM
I am getting real tired of people bringing up things of the past and still bitching about it. GET OVER IT SEATTLE!!!

Rampage
02-07-2011, 09:43 PM
I am getting real tired of people bringing up things of the past and still bitching about it. GET OVER IT SEATTLE!!!

Seattle should just stick to grunge and heroin.

Clevelandsux
02-07-2011, 10:45 PM
And when did everyone start hating on the steelers? Ok, I expect it maybe in Baltimore or Cleveland, maybe cincy too. But I always thought we were one of the most respected franchises in the league. All of a sudden all of this hate.

Real Deal Steel
02-07-2011, 10:49 PM
If the Packers win, it is the perfect game.

If the Steelers win, the refs gave it to them, the Steelers cheated, and Tomlin made an upper decker in the Green Bay locker room toilet.

No big deal, world keeps on spinnin'.

Exactly. Haters will continue to hate.

So their celebrating that we lost. That's fine. We'll be back.

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-07-2011, 11:56 PM
if we would have won,they would bring up that facemask penalty on the Mendy tackle...there wasn't one. The holding call was not on Flozell ,the TV anaylsts
were talking bout it like it was him but I believe the refs called it on Foster. Overall there was none that had direct outcome on game...

Scorp
02-08-2011, 01:46 AM
Some fans just can't let go.

steelersbabex25
02-08-2011, 04:00 PM
And when did everyone start hating on the steelers? Ok, I expect it maybe in Baltimore or Cleveland, maybe cincy too. But I always thought we were one of the most respected franchises in the league. All of a sudden all of this hate.

Where have you been the last 10 years :thinking:

Rampage
02-08-2011, 04:02 PM

Notice how we hate the Patriots? Same exact thing, only we are looking at it with black and gold glasses.

MattyVfromCT
02-08-2011, 06:30 PM
Apparently, the bad calls stopped simply because people who don't like the Steelers approved of the outcome.

Cosigned! :plus1: haters are gonna hate. Its that simple. I've gotten to the point where I don't care what anyone has to say anymore im done arguing about the so-called "refs giving us super bowls 40 and 43" theory. Not worth my time nor should it be worth any other Steeler fan's time. I've come to the realization long ago that people have no accountability and will look for any little thing they can grasp onto as an excuse for their team's failures or to discredit the success of teams they hate, like the steelers for instance. What is really pathetic is when they completely ignore anything that hurts us while bitching about far less for the other side. Like officiating for instance. We can get a borderline call in a game and haters will say how it was "horrible and gave us the game" while having absolutely nothing to say about a call that actually is a horrible call that goes against us. What I find really laughable is the morons who cry that Woodley "illegally blocked hightower in the back" during Harrison's interception return in super bowl 43 even though it was from the side on the shoulder pads, yet during kelly herndon's interception of ben in super bowl 40, ben was blocked in a similar fashion but much closer to being from behind than woodley's and these same clowns have nothing to say about no flag being thrown on that. If you bring up the block on ben they say oh big deal there wasn't a td on the return and it would only back them up 15 yards they would still score. But these same clowns will throw a hissy fit over the low block called on hasselbeck, which was a terrible call and the only truly bad call in Sb 40, saying that helped us get a td on the randle el pass. Because 15 yards is huge field position. These are example of debates I've gotten into with people and the answers are from the same people. You can't have it both ways but of course jealous idiots don't know how to debate without being hypocritical. And funny how all the people who flipped out over the holding call against locklear in Sb 40 have nothing to say about that bogus hold against flozell on Sunday. As ticky tacky as the locklear hold might have been it was nowhere near as bad as the one called on flozell. But of course as we all know, Steeler haters will only focus on what helps us and don't care about what hurts us.

--- Added 2/8/2011 at 04:30 PM ---

And another prime example of the stupidity of Steeler haters. The issue of steroids in the 70s. Yes we had guys on the juice but so did everyone else. I love when haters act as if the steelers were the only team during that era on steroids. I mean we all know that steroids were introduced to pro football by the 63 chargers. Oh wait, I got it, every other team stopped using steroids right before we went on our run of 4 in 6 years because they "knew it was wrong" and the steelers just upped their dosage because they are dirty cheaters, right? Lol these haters crack me up with their naivety and hypocrisy. Especially the dallas fans who resent us having more lombardis and try to taint our 70s rings even though we all know dallas had their share of juicers, randy white and charlie waters to name 2 of the most well known users. It is so laughable when dallas fans act like their team is squeaky clean when that franchise has been one of the dirtiest in all of sports, on and off the field......

Farrior Fan
02-08-2011, 11:01 PM
By MattyV - It is so laughable when dallas fans act like their team is squeaky clean when that franchise has been one of the dirtiest in all of sports, on and off the field......

Response by Jerry J from Big D - The Cowboys are perfect, I am perfect - what? a bunch of Steeler fans didn't get to see the game because I wanted to set a record? Move along, nothing to see here.

SteelersWoman
02-10-2011, 06:13 AM
I have seen pretty much the opposite, so I'm surprised by the title of this. Even though we LOST, the comment section of several stories I saw had almost EVERYone talking about the calls were still coming our way, and that it wasn't for lack of ref's help that we lost, that they were still tryin to "give" us that game. Of course, not a SINGLE person said ANYthing about the calls that were missed toward GB.

Then I also read from others in that same section how SB 40 AND 43 were "gifts given" to us by the refs as well. I'm beyond sick of it, don't even bother to answer the jealous idiots anymore.