PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone except Steeler fans realize how good of a season we had?

WindyCityShaker
02-07-2011, 07:22 PM
I was kind of upset looking back at the lack of acknowledgment of our season. I haven't read or listened to any coverage on the game today but last night it seemed all the analysts were talking about how great the Packers and Rodgers were with only token mention of how good of a team we actually are.

Even the Packers no one and I mean no one seemed to say "We beat a good team out there." No one said congratulations to the Steelers on the great season they had. Maybe I'm just sour at the loss, I mean I realize we lost, and the Packers did do what they needed to in order to win, I just can't remember a championship team not giving any credit to the opponent after a game as I witnessed last night.

Am I way off base here?

steelersbabex25
02-07-2011, 07:33 PM
Does anyone ever recognize the Steelers..

Steel Trap86
02-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Ya we had a good season, but nobody gives a **** about who came in second. That will never change

Troyisabeast_43
02-07-2011, 08:42 PM
It was a good season and I think in time we will all look back and say it was a good season, but right now nobody wants to hear that or think about that just 24 hours after this loss. This loss sucks,it hurts,and it should hurt for a very long time. But as I said in another thread at some point here the Steelers organization and us fans need to get over this loss and put it to rest and move on. Because nothing we analyze about last night's game or say or do will be able to change it or get it back. The Steelers simply just didnot get it done...

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2011, 09:04 PM
It's what they always do, they talk about how great the winner is and don't say anything about the team that loses. It's typical, but we are used to it. The media never gives us any credit for anything.

Scorp
02-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Ya we had a good season, but nobody gives a **** about who came in second. That will never change

Nobody gives a **** about who came in second? Bro c'mon. We, as Steelers faithful will always give a ****. This is our team and never in my dreams did i think i would relive a super bowl loss. It happened and we all have to deal with it, together, as one, as Steelers Nation. :cope:

A Pac
02-07-2011, 09:43 PM
I said after the first 4 games to look out for Pittsburgh. I thought that they would be 2-2 at best when Ben came back. Kudos to the coaching staff. They did a phenomenal job and were resilient all year long. Well done.

Steel Trap86
02-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Nobody gives a **** about who came in second? Bro c'mon. We, as Steelers faithful will always give a ****. This is our team and never in my dreams did i think i would relive a super bowl loss. It happened and we all have to deal with it, together, as one, as Steelers Nation. :cope:

Obviously you and I acknowledge the Steelers had a good year, we do a play by play of the entire season on here. The title of this topic is "Does anybody besides Steeler fans realize how good of a seaosn we had?" and the answer is nobody else gives a **** about any adversity we may have gone through because 1) We didn't win the Superbowl 2) Green Bay had just as many if not more injuries then the Steelers did and Driver & Woodson were both knocked out of the game. Rodgers also had 2 concussions this season and now joins the Steelers by being the only other 6 seeded team to win the Superbowl. That is the bigger story

Rampage
02-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Second place = first loser.

:lol:

Clevelandsux
02-07-2011, 10:28 PM
We had a good season. But this is a team that has 6 trophies. When you come up short in Pittsburgh its considered a failure. I'm proud of our team. Always am. But very dissapointed by the way they played last night. I still don't feel the better team won. Ya the packers were better last night and deserved to win. But the steelers seemed unprepared. This shouldn't happen to a veteren team.

As far as the loss. People never let you forget it as a fan.

igor0190
02-08-2011, 12:55 AM
It's what they always do, they talk about how great the winner is and don't say anything about the team that loses. It's typical, but we are used to it. The media never gives us any credit for anything.

The Steelers having a good season and winning games is not a "media story"... It happens FAR too often for them to bother talking about it. Just the way it is.