PDA

View Full Version : Will Dick Lebeau return?

bensshoes
02-07-2011, 06:48 PM
this is the question as the Arizona Cardinals are looking to interview Keith Buttler for their DC job and he's supposed to be our heir apparent what will be the next move? If coach Lebeau wants too come back thats great but whats the time frame on his decision? with the possible lock out shouldn't this be a priority?

steelersbabex25
02-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Yes..

andyg1984
02-07-2011, 06:56 PM
i really don't want to see butler go ... i guess the question is whether one season or so of DL is worth losing butler forever? im sure we will continue to see threads on this one ..

Goodfrom55
02-07-2011, 08:33 PM
He will be back. I am all for Keith Butler sticking around, but in the off chance he goes, then the Steelers need to make sure DL is coming back - which would bet my kids on him doing so. They can show Ray Horton the door anytime he wants to go. Secondary sucked this year. Ike got a B+ and Troy got an A-. Otherwise, garbage.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2011, 09:03 PM
There was an article today, how true it is we don't know yet. That the Steelers will most likely let Butler go to Arizona and take the job if he wants it. They can technically block it since he is under contract. Lebeau has said earlier this year that he will be back.

Butler knows the job is his when Lebeau retires, but perhaps he is tired of waiting. Like I said we don't know if he would even take it if offered yet.

Scorp
02-07-2011, 09:08 PM
DL will be back. He knows what the Steelers are capable of and wanting to win a 7th title.

Rampage
02-07-2011, 10:01 PM
I'd like to see Lebeau come back, but I'd also like him to go on a powwow with the defensive backs to teach them how to win the whole quick pass thing.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2011, 11:11 PM
I'm not worried about Lebeau coming back next year, but if we lose Butler then coach dad's replacement at some point in the future will be a question mark.

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-07-2011, 11:33 PM
Lebeau will be back, he warrants the job as long as he wants it..If butler goes so be it,he can always come back when LeBeau retires if he wants it...

andyg1984
02-07-2011, 11:38 PM
we saw last night that legends can be replaced .. i dont really wanna go looking for a DC ..

cmerrifield
02-08-2011, 07:59 AM
I will get killed for this, but if LeBeau coming back means we loose Butler, then I would rather be focused on the future and encourage LeBeau to retire. They have been grooming Butler for years for the DC position and I think he is ready. However, I would love to loose our DB coach Horton.

UKSTEELER
02-08-2011, 08:21 AM
I will get killed for this, but if LeBeau coming back means we loose Butler, then I would rather be focused on the future and encourage LeBeau to retire. They have been grooming Butler for years for the DC position and I think he is ready. However, I would love to loose our DB coach Horton.

Not by me you won't . . .

:plus1:

The return of DL will almost certainly mean Bmac still at corner, Farrior still at MLB and Clark still at FS, he's far too stubborn, and Tomlin loves to let rookies and 2nd year players fester too!
:evilshake:

coldrolled
02-08-2011, 10:03 AM
Maybe Butler is not that good? our FO keeps arians around and will let a younger DC in training just walk? Taught by DL? Doesnt make much sense unless Butler is worse a prospect than arians in the FO eyes. Wow... Our FO is listening to who? Noone wants Arians so well keep him? Im Confused?

cmerrifield
02-08-2011, 10:27 AM
Maybe Butler is not that good? our FO keeps arians around and will let a younger DC in training just walk? Taught by DL? Doesnt make much sense unless Butler is worse a prospect than arians in the FO eyes. Wow... Our FO is listening to who? Noone wants Arians so well keep him? Im Confused?

It was in Butler's newest contract that the DC position is his when LeBeau retires, I doubt they would add that to a contract if he wasnt good.

LatrobePA
02-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Dick won't be back, Tomlin will take over...I've got a feeling!

coldrolled
02-08-2011, 11:06 AM
It was in Butler's newest contract that the DC position is his when LeBeau retires, I doubt they would add that to a contract if he wasnt good.

During Super Bowl XLV's Media Day on Tuesday, Butler disclosed that there are no clauses in his contract that would make him the defensive coordinator-in-waiting in Pittsburgh. Dick LeBeau, the Steelers' 73-year old defensive coordinator, has an expiring contract, but does not appear ready to hang up his whistle.

cmerrifield
02-08-2011, 11:10 AM
During Super Bowl XLV's Media Day on Tuesday, Butler disclosed that there are no clauses in his contract that would make him the defensive coordinator-in-waiting in Pittsburgh. Dick LeBeau, the Steelers' 73-year old defensive coordinator, has an expiring contract, but does not appear ready to hang up his whistle.

Oh, my bad, I love it when the media says something like "Butler has a clause" and Butler doesnt. I really wish reporters wouldnt report things that arent true. It drives me nuts. Well, in that case, I still hope we keep Butler, but as long as Horton doesnt hang around, I will be happy.

Blazedby92
02-08-2011, 11:21 AM
Move DL to consultant and move Butler to DC, that would be nice. AND DRAFT GOOD DB'S

The Arians thing I've been thinking you can't let him go if it's going to make your big money man mad (Ben), unless they can bring in a OC that let's him have free reign but to an extent other wise let him play his game but still encourages him to get rid of the ball and check downs.