PDA

View Full Version : Salary Cap at 116 million

cmerrifield
02-07-2011, 05:21 PM
One of the ESPN bloggers did the salaries for each team and we are at 116 million. The 2009 cap was around 130 assuming it goes up 5 million. So, that means we could have about 20 million in cap room to work with. We will need to resign FA's, drafted rookies and anyone like Troy who is in their contract year. That's not a ton of money to work with. So, I doubt we will be making any splashes in the FA market, but I also think people like Battle and maybe ARE and Foote will hit the chopping block this year. Battle made way too much money for the 6 tackles he made on special teams. Keep in mind that we ought to resign Timmons this offseason from his rookie contract and he deserves a big raise. I am just a little worried that we can improve this team without the draft picks stepping up this year, people like Butler, Sylvester and this years draft picks making immediate contributions.

acero
02-07-2011, 05:40 PM
i would like foote back, i love farriors play but foote would add a great back up

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Right now there is no salary cap technically since there is no CBA in place. Teams can do pretty much whatever they want. However the Steelers stayed true to their business practices so when a new deal is reached and a cap is put in place they won't have to scramble to dump players and readjust salaries.