PDA

View Full Version : hines is coming back....

acero
02-07-2011, 03:33 PM
great i love his play, now do you think flozell, farrior and antwan are coming back?

Rampage
02-07-2011, 03:36 PM
great i love his play, now do you think flozell, farrior and antwan are coming back?

I'm happy to see Ward coming back, I still think he has a few years in the tank, maybe more if he is willing to take a lesser role.

Farrior will definitely be back. This was one of his better years in recent history and I doubt he would leave.

I hope Adams comes back next year. To be honest, I do not see much in Willie Colon at right tackle and I though Adams looked pretty damn good.

ARE is the biggest question mark. With Ward, Wallace, Sanders, Brown, and possibly Sweed, I'm not sure if the team will be interested in bringing him back or not. One thing's for sure: He played as well as anyone could have hoped yesterday, maybe that gets him a shot at staying around.

steelersbabex25
02-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Of course he's coming back. No way in hell he lets a loss like that be his going away party.

LatrobePA
02-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Flo, no.
ARE, no.
Farrior, yes.

steelersbabex25
02-07-2011, 03:55 PM
I think the question for ARE is do we really want him back..

LatrobePA
02-07-2011, 03:59 PM

He's a great Steelers spokesman but I think he's over powered by the young guys..

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2011, 05:09 PM
Hines coming back is the right move, he's still a good option for this team. We saw in the super bowl when Manny went down and Brown wasn't able to get open when he was on the field that Hines was the best WR we had in the game.

bensshoes
02-07-2011, 05:19 PM

based on his play all year and not just last night I'd say his return isn't warrented. Like the guy but he is nowhere near the guy whom left us for a payday in DC.

Goodfrom55
02-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Hines will be back, but not as the #1 guy. Depending on Sanders / Brown's growth, Hines might be the #2 or maybe even the #3 guy in 2011.

Hope Flo comes back as well. Was never overly impressed with Colon, but he was a mainstay at the RT position.

bensshoes
02-07-2011, 05:40 PM
the real question is will we draft the pouncey twin? the brothers Pouncey togeather on our line would be sweet! :imho:

DanRooney
02-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Flozell will finish his contract. He has 1 year left on it.

Farrior unfortunately will still be here covering the likes of Greg Jennings. I hope Sylvester gets more reps in his spot.

ARE won't be here.

andyg1984
02-07-2011, 06:00 PM
we still need to pursue a WR in the draft that can play the middle of the field .. greg little would be an awesome steeler

acero
02-07-2011, 07:13 PM
i think sanders can do the middle of the field work, pounceys bro would be awesome talent wise, but i dont know if is healthy to have brothers on the same field, team, line...

Scorp
02-07-2011, 07:26 PM
Damn lotsa good stuff said so far. I knew Hines would come back. No f-in way he's going out like that. D. Sanders told him to play until the tires fall off. Hines is going to get his just due and go out on top.

If Ben really loves his teammates, he'll PROMISE them to get them back to the super bowl. After all he got Bettis to stay one more year. Glad for hines.

Goodfrom55
02-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Mike Pouncey will be gone by the 31st pick. . .My 2 cents, pick the best available Cornerback, Tackle, Free Safety, or MLB in that order.

Clevelandsux
02-07-2011, 07:44 PM
I'm always glad to see Ward comeback. He played pretty well yesterday. Although I think he's lost a few steps. Randle el played ok yesterday, but don't think he'll be back. Flozell i'm not sure about. It just depends on how much we upgrade the line. I'd like to see Gay, Mcfadden and jonathan scott gone.

Farrior Fan
02-07-2011, 08:22 PM
Harrison, we don't need an ILB. I'm telling you Sylvester is gonna be a superstud. Give him one more year behind Farrior then let Potsie retire and Sly will be ready to make his mark as another great Steeler LB. His motor is always running at 10,000 RPMs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCEXBar4rwc

Goodfrom55
02-07-2011, 10:55 PM
Harrison, we don't need an ILB. I'm telling you Sylvester is gonna be a superstud. Give him one more year behind Farrior then let Potsie retire and Sly will be ready to make his mark as another great Steeler LB. His motor is always running at 10,000 RPMs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCEXBar4rwc

You know, you're right. . .I was thinking about that walking around at work today. I like him, he has a nose for the ball.

igor0190
02-07-2011, 11:46 PM
Mike Pouncey will be gone by the 31st pick. . .My 2 cents, pick the best available Cornerback, Tackle, Free Safety, or MLB in that order.

I wouldn't be so sure that he's gone... Guards usually don't get drafted until the end of the first, early second.

Secondary might be even more of a need for us than O-Line... The 4 starters are aging, and the younger guys aren't showing as much promise as I would hope. Keenan Lewis was big time in the dog house all year for doing stupid sh*t.

cmerrifield
02-08-2011, 06:50 AM
ARE for me depends on Sweed. I dont mind ARE as a 5th WR. He can come in and play in 5 WR sets, but I would rather Sweed pan out. Battle should be gone.

UKSTEELER
02-08-2011, 07:37 AM
Great to know Hines is coming back, he proved on Sunday that he still has great value to this team.

He'll look to get over 1000 career receptions, and I think then a lot will depend how the season pans out wether he stops again, but realistically I see him playing two more years tops.