PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tomlin Post-Game

SteelDad
02-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Tomlin quite often is ripped for not being more descriptive in his pre or post-game thoughts but one thing last night I thought was great was at the end of the interview with Chris Myers from FOX who "congratulated him for shaking each player's hand as they entered the locker room."

Tomlin's reply: "Standard procedure around here. We do that every game."

I thought it was outstanding and spoke volumes about the way the Steelers do things.

NHStlrfan
02-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Tomlin quite often is ripped for not being more descriptive in his pre or post-game thoughts but one thing last night I thought was great was at the end of the interview with Chris Myers from FOX who "congratulated him for shaking each player's hand as they entered the locker room."

Tomlin's reply: "Standard procedure around here. We do that every game."

I thought it was outstanding and spoke volumes about the way the Steelers do things.

Say what you will about others on the staff, Tomlin is not the problem IMHO. Wasn't it him who told BA to go win the game in the AFCCG?

LatrobePA
02-07-2011, 03:48 PM
All class right there!

I like when asked about Ben "it wasn't a winning performance, same as mine" or something like that! He's not afraid to take the blame.

This is why we can compete every year, the guys want to play for a guy like this.

Goodfrom55
02-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Bump in the road - The Steelers will be back and they will get their 7th within the next 4 years. I am completely confident that the Steelers will win 2 more super bowls before Ben retires.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-07-2011, 04:07 PM
Something just didn't seem right from the entire game.....Steelers didn't look like themselves at all........Team effort in the loss but I'm not bagging on anybody for the loss.....Was a great journey to reach the game.......If people want to be critical then that is fine to but I see no point in doing so and that is something for me to say that....I usually the king of over-reacting....I just think of the two Super Bowl wins in these last 6 years and that helps.....

Troyisabeast_43
02-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Something just didn't seem right from the entire game.....Steelers didn't look like themselves at all........Team effort in the loss but I'm not bagging on anybody for the loss.....Was a great journey to reach the game.......If people want to be critical then that is fine to but I see no point in doing so and that is something for me to say that....I usually the king of over-reacting....I just think of the two Super Bowl wins in these last 6 years and that helps.....

It was a great season no doubt it does hurt a lot to come this far and lose though in the Super Bowl. Definitely something all of us Steelers fans are not really use too. This loss will sting for awhile no doubt.

SteelDad
02-07-2011, 07:28 PM

No longer being the king of over-reacting just means you're getting older!:lol:

steelersbabex25
02-07-2011, 07:35 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/09000d5d81e2f2fa/Tomlin-on-Super-Bowl-XLV-loss

It's funny comparing that to Harbaugh's post game conference after the Ravens lost a few weeks ago. Harbaugh didn't give any credit to the Steelers at all, completely opposite with Tomlin. Classy, classy guy.

Scorp
02-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Is it some kind of tradition now that the team that predicts their team is going to win or say if Obama won't come see us we'll go see him has to win? I'm surprised nobody said the fix was in. Maybe it wasn't, i don't know. As for Tomlin, got to love the guy for all his coolness and awesome comments. He knows how to handle any kind of question.