PDA

View Full Version : It was going to be perfect...

Go 'Lers
02-07-2011, 03:28 PM
We were going to finish that last drive completing the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history. On 4th and 5 Ben would connect with Mike Wallace and the team would still be alive.

It was going to be perfect...

The drive would have ended with a last second touchdown pass with shades of Holmes' miracle and last years bout with Green Bay.

Confetti was going to shower down from the rafters of Cowboys Stadium as Roger Staubach, our old nemesis, would walk OUR seventh trophy up to OUR own Terry Bradshaw who would then ceremoniously hand it off to Roethlisberger.

And in Pittsburgh, we would be dancing in the streets and children would be cheering as school would be canceled the next day. We would be hugging strangers and stay up all night waiting to see our boys fly home and to get a glimpse of the Lombardi trophy.

But it didn't end the way we wanted it to. The ball sailed through the outstretched arms of Mike Wallace. After a season of such adversity and a game of so many chances, it all fell agonizingly short. But did anyone imagine we would be where we were at the beginning of the year? Seasons change in Pittsburgh but the one thing we can always have faith in is the Steelers will march on to the field ever fall. They play for an entire nation of fans. And while the title may have alluded them the chase for the next title one they will never stop perusing. The day will come and when it does all the tears, cheers, and yes, beers, will make it a celebration we will never forget.

It will be perfect...

steelersbabex25
02-07-2011, 03:42 PM
I thought the same thing. It would have been one for the record books had the Steelers won. Now, well, now it's just a loss by a team that played bad in the superbowl, and that's all it will ever be.

mwittman5
02-07-2011, 03:47 PM
this loss will just make it sweeter the next time the steelers win the superbowl

Goodfrom55
02-07-2011, 03:51 PM
WHERE WAS THE GLOVE? Weather was not an issue obviously, but found it kind of strange that Ben would take off the glove after wearning it for the 2nd half of the season.

Wasn't to be, I'm strangely OK with that but know they will be back.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Hey if there is a season this team will rebound and reach the Super Bowl in Indy and win their 7th Lombardi.......I also live 3 hours from Indy....If the Steelers do indeed reach the Indy Super Bowl then I will be there.........:)

Dee Mca
02-07-2011, 03:57 PM
I am with you on being at Indy just 45 mins south of Indy myself.

BR7
02-07-2011, 04:33 PM
Hey if there is a season this team will rebound and reach the Super Bowl in Indy and win their 7th Lombardi.......I also live 3 hours from Indy....If the Steelers do indeed reach the Indy Super Bowl then I will be there.........:)

I am with you on being at Indy just 45 mins south of Indy myself.

Meet you both there :yesnod:

steelersbabex25
02-07-2011, 04:43 PM
^^ Good for you guys. I'll just have to wait until the superbowl comes to Washington or Baltimore, which will be..*hmm, add the 3, carry the 4*.....NEVER.

Scorp
02-07-2011, 08:55 PM
It was supposed to be perfect. Hearing how this was going to be the greatest super bowl ever. But i said in another thread that the Steelers can't let another 4th qtr comeback happen or they better not put themselves in that situation cause it wouldn't be easy to get out. I'm still so very happy for all they have accomplished this season nonetheless. And yes, it will be perfect some day.

Troyisabeast_43
02-07-2011, 09:00 PM
As bad as this one felt last night that's how good it felt 2 years ago when we came back to beat the Cardinals in the final 30 seconds to win our 6th Lombardi Trophy. The bottom line is it just wasnt the Steelers night last night and it simply wasnt meant to be this year. Things happen for a reason guys and hopefully we will see why this loss happened when this Steelers does win number 7 which I know in my heart will happen within the next couple of seasons...

Scorp
02-07-2011, 09:04 PM
I won't let it hit me like it did when Steelers lost XXX. I feel weird though no question. Maybe it's the thought of the long offseason.

Clevelandsux
02-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Unfortunately you can't expect Roethlisberger to bring the team back all the time. YOu have to play 60 minutes. Something the steelers didn't do this year. You have to put teams away and play a complete game.